ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hank Williams/ Honkey Tonk Blues Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd June 2004 12:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:
You're gonna scare 'em, PolkSalad. I can tell a lot of these people on the Rocks Off Board are into the "classic rock" genre atop of all else! This deviation from the middle of the road might shake 'em up a bit!

With all due respect Wild Bill, I think you'll find that the collective taste here is pretty much spot on. I've been meaning to check out Hank-3 for awhile. He even looks more like Hank 1 than Hank 2. IMO.

22nd June 2004 12:38 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

With all due respect Wild Bill, I think you'll find that the collective taste here is pretty much spot on. I've been meaning to check out Hank-3 for awhile. He even looks more like Hank 1 than Hank 2. IMO.

Yup, nobody is scared. He sure do look like his grandaddy. Only thing is Wayne Hancock has more Sr in him than III.
22nd June 2004 12:41 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:
was Coe the guy who recorded "Suzie Shallowthroat" ?

lol yeah

He's got a couple albums of filthy crap he recorded in the 80's, some material on them I try hard to forget he's responsible for.
22nd June 2004 12:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:

With all due respect Wild Bill, I think you'll find that the collective taste here is pretty much spot on.

Except for Some Guy.

Hey - I'm seeing Simon and Garfunkel with Joey in a couple days!

22nd June 2004 12:56 PM
Bloozehound That one photo is a take-off of this famous one of Hank Sr. If I recall correctly it was taken of him getting released from jail one morning after going on a drinking bender.

22nd June 2004 01:03 PM
Bloozehound
quote:

I noticed that to, he's almost a dead ringer for Sr.

Didja watch that PBS show last night ?
22nd June 2004 01:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Whatever became of that deal between Hank 2 and Hank 1's daughter? The last I recall Hank 2 didn't want to aknowledge her. Which I think is kind of sad...but.
22nd June 2004 01:40 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Whatever became of that deal between Hank 2 and Hank 1's daughter? The last I recall Hank 2 didn't want to aknowledge her. Which I think is kind of sad...but.

Jett? Don't remember the details but she's got a scumbag of a husband trying to get $$$. III commented on that on the Cussin Board but again, I don't remember the details.
22nd June 2004 01:44 PM
PolkSalad

http://www.mekons.de/mojo.htm
24th June 2004 01:12 AM
Blind Dog McGhee Did ya watch it?
24th June 2004 01:25 AM
beer I watched it, thought it was pretty good. Hank III really digs the Misfits, huh?
24th June 2004 11:58 AM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
beer wrote:
I watched it, thought it was pretty good. Hank III really digs the Misfits, huh?

Sure does. He does Demonmania during his Assjack set. Don't know who she is. Taken in Detroit.

Unfortunaltely I missed it. Had an appointment. Missed the fiasco in St Louis between the Cubs and Cards too.

[Edited by Blind Dog McGhee]
24th June 2004 12:40 PM
Bloozehound Who's the blondie ?

Saw the PBS show last night. It was a good documentary lots of good interviews and use of old footage.

Made me wanna hear some Hank Sr, so I'm gonna listen to Hank Sr today, it's been awhile.

24th June 2004 12:46 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Who's the blondie ?

Saw the PBS show last night. It was a good documentary lots of good interviews and use of old footage.

Made me wanna hear some Hank Sr, so I'm gonna listen to Hank Sr today, it's been awhile.

They were posted to the III board.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=magicstickhank

http://www.novogate.com/board/2891/196372-1.html
24th June 2004 05:12 PM
Bloozehound ahh

Thats not Hank III's chick ?

She's cute, but with a haircut like that I'd expect a shot of her getting a pearl necklace, say Ginger Lynn circa 1985.
24th June 2004 05:24 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
ahh

Thats not Hank III's chick ?

She's cute, but with a haircut like that I'd expect a shot of her getting a pearl necklace, say Ginger Lynn circa 1985.

Not III's chick. She's from Detroit, guess they are stuck in the 80s.
24th June 2004 06:02 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Blind Dog McGhee wrote:

Not III's chick. She's from Detroit, guess they are stuck in the 80s.

lol

I'm just messin' around
24th June 2004 07:26 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
lol

I'm just messin' around

Time to find some vintage Ginger Lynn, thanks.
24th June 2004 07:54 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Whatever became of that deal between Hank 2 and Hank 1's daughter? The last I recall Hank 2 didn't want to aknowledge her. Which I think is kind of sad...but.

Well, here's III's take on it.

quote:
III wrote:
all i'l say is that FUckin Kieth the lawyer and husband of Jett WIlliams got what they deserved not a damn mention of them worthless fucks at all.......SO to see them not bring them up on the tv show ruled........ She's in the Dvd for a few secs ...But for as little time as they had and money somthin is better then nothin

http://www.novogate.com/board/2891/196403-1.html
25th June 2004 01:14 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Jett? Don't remember the details but she's got a scumbag of a husband trying to get $$$. III commented on that on the Cussin Board but again, I don't remember the details.

Her husband, an attorney, probably smelled the money and proposed marriage.

From Jett Williams' website:

Jett Williams, daughter of the legendary Hank Williams, was born in Montgomery, Alabama, five days after her father died on his way to Canton, Ohio, where he was to perform on New Year's Day, 1953. Relinquished by her natural mother, Bobbie Jett of Nashville, the infant was taken from the hospital where she was born into the home of Hank's mother, Lillian, who adopted her. Lillian, who started her lengthy adoption process within days of Hank's funeral, completed the adoption in December of 1954.

Unfortunately, she was dead within two months and the Williams family no longer wanted the infant, whom Lillian had named Cathy Yvonne (for the "Yvonne" in "Jambalaya"). The Williams family made Jett a ward of the State of Alabama and she was relocated to a foster home in Pine Level, Alabama, at the age of three. Subsequently adopted again by a family in Mobile, Alabama, Jett was raised there and attended the University of Alabama. During her youth, Jett had no idea who her natural parents were -- let alone that her daddy was Hank Williams, but from a very young age she demonstrated an unusual and natural talent for music, singing, and her guitar. In the early 1980's, at the urging of her adoptive father and armed with a few facts and a little rumor, Jett set out to learn what she could about who she was and what had happened to her. After years of futile effort, fortune smiled and Jett got proof-positive that Hank Williams was her father. Not only was he her father, he had made all provisions for her and her well being. In fact, three months before Jett was born, Hank had prepared and executed a notarized pre-birth custody agreement giving him full custody of his as yet unborn daughter.

The rest is history, and is documented in the files of the Alabama State Court and in the scores of newspaper and feature magazine articles written about Jett and her saga. Jett Williams was declared by court order dated October 26, 1987, to be the biological daughter of Hank Williams.

On June 5, 1989, the Supreme Court of the State of Alabama, reversing a lower court ruling, found that Jett, since birth, had been the victim of fraud and judicial error in that her identity was concealed from her for financial gain. The Supreme Court declared all prior orders in the Estate of Hank Williams to be null and void, since procured by fraud on the court, and reopened Hank's estate, making Jett Williams a legal heir, entitled to one-half the estate proceeds. Her autobiography, entitled "Ain't Nothin' as Sweet as My Baby," chronicles the saga of her struggle (Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1990). Subsequent to the publication of her autobiography, the federal courts awarded Jett her proportionate share of her father's copyright renewal royalties

Since the story of Jett's existence first surfaced in 1985, she has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, Inside Report, Inside Edition, Current Affair, Entertainment Tonight, Crook & Chase, Country Notes, Sonya Live, PM Magazine, and scores of other national and regional broadcasts. In most instances, such as Current Affair, Entertainment Tonight, and Sonya Live, to name but a few, Jett has been featured in several different occasions. Additionally, she has been the subject of feature articles in scores of publications, including People Magazine, The Washington Post Magazine, USA Today, Atlanta Constitution, New York Times, Southern Magazine, Dallas Times Herald, NY Daily News, Houston Chronicle, Chicago Tribune, AP Feature, Baltimore Sun, LA Daily News, Los Angeles Times, Providence Journal Bulletin, Birmingham Post Herald, South Bend Tribune, Ottawa Citizen, and Boston Herald.
Jett had a number of names and a number of homes in her early youth. In fact, every time she changed homes, someone changed her name. Somethings, however, were constant in Jett's first years, and all things were recorded by the various social workers charged with accounting for the activities of their most famous "ward." One "constant," according to the records, was Jett and her guitar. Starting with her first two years, spent with her grandmother -- Hank's mother -- Jett always had a guitar. And according to her peers in later years, she was always the hit of the party by singing and playing. Jett says she liked to sing until she made them cry.
25th June 2004 01:20 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:

Except for fools or dummies who think that post-1972 Fleetwood Mac is worth a listen.

I only have one friend who likes Fleetwood Mac and he hardly knows anything about music. Do you see a large CD collection in his house? No - I don't think he owns more than 15 CDs. We are friends because of long-time family ties, hunting and watching football - not because he knows anything about my number one hobby.
Page: 1 2