ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Blow... (Jagglicious / Keeflicious pix) I said YEAH!! - Part 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
13th May 2004 11:43 AM
Monkey Woman Well, well! Here's something less gory. Flower power, summer of love and all that! Mick & Marianne, circa 1967.(Daily Mirror archives)

13th May 2004 01:58 PM
montana yummy!!! that's a cute one MW!!! thank ya :-) :-)
13th May 2004 02:13 PM
jb You young people have done a wonderful job of keeping it fresh and relevant!!
13th May 2004 06:38 PM
luxury1 I just loved those two together, of all Mick's chicks. Too bad she had to get so fucked up on the drugs. It must have been so difficult to keep up with those guys back in the day...
yeah--thanks for posting it.
13th May 2004 06:46 PM
Monkey Woman Yeah, they're so cute together! Too bad I'm having problems with my ISP, these days. At least there's photobucket...
13th May 2004 09:04 PM
LadyJane And Luxy..YET AGAIN..we agree. I always loved Marianne. I literally scratched the eyes out of all of my photos of Bianca and Anita (sorry Gypsy). Not kidding. I went through tons of my old newspapers clippings and magazines recently and was cracking up. Moustaches, devil's horns, scratched out eyes!

Hey..give me a break...I was only 15!!

LJ.
14th May 2004 04:21 PM
Monkey Woman The Glimmer Twins again, this time in Hamburg, Sept. 14th, 1970. Notice Mick's style is a blend of the 1969 concerts (black choker, haircut) and the glam '70s (pink satin suit). Photo: Carl van der Walle.

Hint: click on http://www.rocusfocus.com for more amazing pics of the Stones in the 60s and 70s.
14th May 2004 04:24 PM
gypsy Oh, LJ, I'm hurt by that. Well, not Bianca...but how could you do that to Anita?
14th May 2004 04:25 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
The Glimmer Twins again, this time in Hamburg, Sept. 14th, 1970. Notice Mick's style is a blend of the 1969 concerts (black choker, haircut) and the glam '70s (pink satin suit). Photo: Carl van der Walle.

Hint: click on http://www.rocusfocus.com for more amazing pics of the Stones in the 60s and 70s.

What is "creative mode"?

14th May 2004 04:29 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Oh, LJ, I'm hurt by that. Well, not Bianca...but how could you do that to Anita?

I'm so sorry Gypsy..but I was sooooo jealous. AND 15!!!!

You'll be happy to know that I thought of YOU when I saw what horrors I had done to her beautiful face.

Forgive me!!!!

LJ.
14th May 2004 04:33 PM
gypsy Oh, we all did that. Teen girls. I looked at a few of my yearbooks a couple of weeks ago...my friends and I wrote such rude comments about people...and scratched certain people's faces off as well. But it was damn funny to read all that...and some of the girls we "hated" then, I'm friends with now.
Speaking of, my friend saw "Mean Girls" last night, and said it was really funny.
14th May 2004 04:36 PM
Monkey Woman Scratched faces! That's what they call "being catty", then? LOL
14th May 2004 04:36 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Oh, we all did that. Teen girls. I looked at a few of my yearbooks a couple of weeks ago...my friends and I wrote such rude comments about people...and scratched certain people's faces off as well. But it was damn funny to read all that...and some of the girls we "hated" then, I'm friends with now.
Speaking of, my friend saw "Mean Girls" last night, and said it was really funny.

What are you gals talking about? I can't bother to read it - but if you are wondering - Marianne is still beautiful.

I still want to know what creative mode is.

thanks.

14th May 2004 04:38 PM
gypsy Talking about "cattiness," Rummy.
Yes, Marianne, Anita, et al are still beautiful considering what all they've been through.
14th May 2004 04:41 PM
LadyJane I agree with Gypsy!!

Marianne and Anita are the coolest.

OMG...WE ALL AGREE ON SOMETHING!!! Yeah! Good way to end the week

LJ.
14th May 2004 04:45 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Talking about "cattiness," Rummy.
Yes, Marianne, Anita, et al are still beautiful considering what all they've been through.

Meow.

Marianne is still beautiful in person, no matter what she's been through.

I have little respect for those who do nothing to deserve respect, aka monkey woman.

What is "creative mode"?

14th May 2004 04:46 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

What are you gals talking about? I can't bother to read it - but if you are wondering - Marianne is still beautiful.

I still want to know what creative mode is.

thanks.

Careful, girls. Donny Rummy is starting to talk like the old Ben Gurion...
14th May 2004 04:49 PM
Bloozehound monkey woman is a pretty cool cat

Rummy's just jealous and horny
14th May 2004 04:50 PM
Monkey Woman And boom! I was right!

Believe it or not, girls, my previous post was sent BEFORE the nasty one by that crazy troll Ben Gurion aka Donny Rummy aka... Dande? Whoever else!

Week-end is back, creeps too... Yuk!
14th May 2004 04:54 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks Bloozehound! Anyway, it's hopeless to fight trolls. Just let them rant until the sun shines and turn them to stone!

And since we're talking about Stones girls, here's a funny one with Jerry:

14th May 2004 04:54 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
And boom! I was right!

Believe it or not, girls, my previous post was sent BEFORE the nasty one by that crazy troll Ben Gurion aka Donny Rummy aka... Dande? Whoever else!

Week-end is back, creeps too... Yuk!

Why can't you just answer the question?

Seriously?

14th May 2004 05:01 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
monkey woman is a pretty cool cat

Rummy's just jealous and horny

Yikes!!!! I can't believe I'm slumming in this thread! I am SO creeped out! I must lay off the hooch. I'm going to have nightmares tonight, I tell you, nightmares!

Creepy crawlies be gone!

Ugly woodenpuppet guy - go make love with the Van Halen avatar guy. Then I shall try to forget I've ever been to this place. I promise!

14th May 2004 05:03 PM
Bloozehound your getting wet
14th May 2004 05:06 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
your getting wet

No, trust me.

Your IQ would have to double. At least.

But keep it up.

Cheers!

14th May 2004 05:07 PM
Bloozehound juicy pussy
14th May 2004 05:09 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
juicy pussy

It's pretty barbaric to eat cats in this culture.

Are you like 13 or something?

You notice how monkey woman still did not answer.

telling.

14th May 2004 05:13 PM
Donny Rummy First, there was the novel written without using the letter "e". Now a French author has produced what he claims is the first book with no verbs.

Perhaps inevitably, critics have commented unfavourably on the lack of action in Michel Thaler's work, The Train from Nowhere, which runs to 233 pages. Instead of action, lengthy passages are filled with florid adjectives in a series of vitriolic portraits of dislikeable passengers on a train.

In a typical piece of prose, Mr Thaler writes: ". . . Those women there, probably mothers, bearers of ideas far too voluminous for their brains of modest capacity."

A less-than-glowing review in the respected magazine Le Nouvel Observateur described his book as "disagreeable" and said its scathing descriptions of women travellers displayed "a rare misogyny".

Yet he is equally disparaging of male passengers. He describes one as a "large dwarf or small giant - a young buck with a gelled mop with ideas, at first glance, shorter than his hair, and not longer than the bristles on a toothbrush, perhaps shorter".

The author, a doctor of literature who admits that "Thaler" is a pseudonym, and who has not previously written books under the name, said it was liberating to write without verbs, which he describes as "invaders, dictators, and usurpers of our literature".

"My book is a revolution in the history of literature. It is the first book of its kind. It's daring, modern and is to literature what the great Dada and Surrealist movements were to art," said Mr Thaler, an eccentric who refuses to reveal his real name or age, beyond admitting to being in his sixties.

"The verb is like a weed in a field of flowers," he said. "You have to get rid of it to allow the flowers to grow and flourish.

"I am like a car driver who has smashed the windscreen so he cannot see into the future, smashed the rear-view mirror so he cannot see the past, and is travelling in the present."

Mr Thaler says that he hopes Le Train de Nulle Part, which costs �20 (�14) will be translated into English.

In France, with its long and distinguished literary heritage, the reading public is struggling to fathom whether the work is any more than an exercise in semantics and strangled grammar.

It remains to be seen whether Mr Thaler's book grows to be as admired as La Disparition (The Disappearance), which Georges Perec wrote in 1969 without using the letter "e". Mr Perec, who tried to expand literature by borrowing formal patterns from other disciplines such as mathematics and chess, followed it up with Les Revenantes (The Ghosts), in which the only vowel he used was "e".

Chrystel Manfredi-Matringe of Adcan, which published Le Train de Nulle Part, said: "Monsieur Thaler takes an immense pleasure in language and words, but he also likes being provocative. Some critics have said, unfairly, that he is a misogynist but it's not true. He is a very charming, courteous man who loves women.

"His book attacks both sexes. Each person in it, male or female, displays a type of modern behaviour which he finds shocking and abhors."
14th May 2004 05:26 PM
Bloozehound I've always thought Anita was the hottest

(but not near as hot as rummy)
14th May 2004 05:29 PM
Monkey Woman !!!*Beware*!!! Spam attack!

Hey, Mr Donny or whatever, just get the fuck out of our thread!
If you want to post irrelevant BS, go start a thread of your own, but stop polluting this one! Time out, dude.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
14th May 2004 05:32 PM
LadyJane PLEASE, PLEASE...this thread has been going strong for over 1 year and has never been a thread for negativity.

If I have to..I'd be happy to start a "Let's Fight Thread".

This message is intended for EVERYONE, including MYSELF!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17