ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick Jagger and Robbie Robertson by Robert Risko © 1987
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Touritis Return to archive
06-27-02 12:19 PM
nankerphelge This year is worse than all other years. I have never had it this bad. I simply cannot concentrate on anything. I am going to get fired.

When are rehearsals set to begin? I think if I can I will take a trip up and see if I can break in, kidnap Daryl Jones, tie him up, lock him in a closet, slather myself with brown shoe polish, and pretend I am him. I can't play bass, but I can sure fake it good, maybe some pointers from FPM -- but I think I can pull this off -- I am optimistic.

In addition to the symptoms described before -- Keith spasms and lyrictosis -- I am finding myself doing the obligatory over-the-head hand clapping during Tumbling Dice live. I do it at work -- I do it at home -- I do it in bed -- I do it in the car -- I'm doing it right now.

I am very afraid
06-27-02 12:31 PM
Joey "This year is worse than all other years. I have never had it this bad. I simply cannot concentrate on anything. I am going to get fired. "

" I am finding myself doing the obligatory over-the-head hand clapping during Tumbling Dice live. I do it at work -- I do it at home -- I do it in bed -- I do it in the car -- I'm doing it right now. "

I am very afraid "

You make Joey giggle !!!!

I hear you screaming .......I have the disease too . Yesterday I was blaring " Stripped Companion " in my car , with " Gimme Shelter " and " Dice " receiving heavy airplay . I found myself shouting " War .....children ....it's just a shout away ....it's just a shout away " inside my car with the air conditioning running full blast ( 95 Degrees AGAIN here yesterday ) . People stuck in traffic next to me were wondering what in the Hell I was doing playing air guitar like Ronnie does .

I have also developed a nasty habit of watching " The Deer Hunter " over and over and over again . Mean anything to you ??????? I too am scared ..........

" Tie Me Up Ronnie "

M . Joeyfly

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJjoooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

The Joey

06-27-02 12:43 PM
scope we are all experiencing the same thing. Hey Joey, Stripped Companion has been my choice for the last few days (I guess I should now be very afraid!)

Sept/Oct seems so far away. Were other tours announced and sold this far in advance? They probably were, but it doesn't seem like it to me. It's going to be a long, hot Stonesy summer.
06-27-02 12:47 PM
nankerphelge glad to hear I'm not alone in my obsession.
Are you the "scope" from Stonesworld way back when -- NYC area?
06-27-02 01:02 PM
steel driving hammer The Stones help me get through my days on this planet.

I think about their songs in almost every minute of the 9 to 5.

Think about you guys too, you bastards.

Think about your surroundings when you post.

Even Joey's harry white ass.

Do we need to get a life? No. I like it.

06-27-02 01:08 PM
scope Yup, it's me. Maxy clued me into this site so I decided to pop over and see where everyone went. I checked out Keno's once in a while, but nothing much was going on, except of course the CLeveland trip. I found out about it a little too late to plan to join, but from the posts, a grand time was had by all. What was so great about it was that it wasn't a tour that got them together. They just decided to meet up one day and they pulled it off. It's different from a glimmer fest pre and post party.

So far I only have tickets for MSG. Might pick up some for Giants Stadium the las minute. Any plans for you to come up to the big apple this time?

06-27-02 01:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yo scope! Nice to see ya here..welcome...

Cleveland was a Gas Gas Gas....Sorry to hear that you couldn't swing it. You would have fit right in.

But ain't nothing stopping you from our big MSG blowout. Most of the C10 fellas will be there, and a whole slew of new Stonesian kin are gonna join us. There's even talk of a long black limousine....

SS, C10
06-27-02 01:25 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
This year is worse than all other years. I have never had it this bad. I simply cannot concentrate on anything. I am going to get fired.

If you think you are no matter what, here's my advice: If your superior's a female, run into her office with "Hot Stuff" from LYL blasting and do funky Jamaican dances.

quote:

When are rehearsals set to begin? I think if I can I will take a trip up and see if I can break in, kidnap Daryl Jones, tie him up, lock him in a closet, slather myself with brown shoe polish, and pretend I am him. I can't play bass, but I can sure fake it good, maybe some pointers from FPM -- but I think I can pull this off -- I am optimistic.

Damnit! Don't steal my ideas! I can *play* the bass! Besides, then if you get there first and I kidnap you I'll get shoe polish all over me. Because of my size they will simply think I am Micky T come back to play some bass with them and all will be well. This will work for about five minutes before they realize I'm nowhere near as good as Micky T.

quote:

In addition to the symptoms described before -- Keith spasms and lyrictosis -- I am finding myself doing the obligatory over-the-head hand clapping during Tumbling Dice live. I do it at work -- I do it at home -- I do it in bed -- I do it in the car -- I'm doing it right now.

I am very afraid

Keep doing it! Get others to join in! We can have a Stones movement, like the Alice's Restaraunt Masacree (sp?(!

I am dancing around to Love You Live, personally. My house is empty, I have a cardboard tube, and I am screaming along to "Starfucker". I'm worried the neighbors with small children will come and cart me away.

September is sooooo sooooooooo far away.... hmm... looks like TWO MONTHS SIX DAYS... so be afraid.

Be VERY afraid.

-tSYX --- Ronnie I miss your two-tounged kisses...
06-27-02 02:07 PM
Joey Scopy !!!! , Is that really you ? Man , it is good to hear from you again ....you sure were Minty Fresh and knew how to write a post .

Welcome Back Home !!!!!

Sir Joey

06-27-02 03:22 PM
littleredrooster I'm so upset that I'm going to drown my sorrows at the Hard Rock tomorrow.
I guess that opening night for the Who at the Joint will have to keep me satisfied!!
06-27-02 03:32 PM
Joey 'I'm so upset that I'm going to drown my sorrows at the Hard Rock tomorrow.
I guess that opening night for the Who at the Joint will have to keep me satisfied!! '

You lucky S.O.B. .........I am EXTREMELY jealous . Please report back on Saturday and let me know how the
gig went . Should be phenomenal .

Joey

06-27-02 03:43 PM
Miss U. >>>>It's going to be a long, hot Stonesy summer<<<<<<<<<<

I just wish the Stones were playing here outdoors in the summer....it would add so much more oooooooomph to the concert to hear them play Hot Stuff when it's hot!
06-27-02 03:45 PM
Scot Rocks Hey Joey or LRR or any other Who or Bowie fans for that matter, has anyone heard David Bowie's new single of his new ablbum Heathen? as Pete plays guitar on it and it is supposed to be rather good.

Cheers

Mark
06-27-02 03:49 PM
Joey 'Has anyone heard David Bowie's new single of his new ablbum Heathen? as Pete plays guitar on it and it is supposed to be rather good. '

Thanks , I will check it out !

Joey

06-27-02 03:56 PM
Miss U. Yes, I've heard it.
The single is September eleventh-ish.

I also saw a recent special with Bowie where he took calls and each person would request a song he would play...I thought that was a really cool idea.
06-27-02 04:05 PM
Scot Rocks Cool, thanks Miss U, Im goin to try Bowie's official site see if I can hear it or a clip from it here.

Thanks again

Mark
06-27-02 05:16 PM
MRD8 The song Townshend plays on on Bowie's new album Heathen is called Slow Burn...the whole album is excellent by the way! Have you seen some of the songs The Who have been rehearsing? They added Pete's brother Simon as a rythum guitarist and they played Another Tricky Day, Emminence Front and several other rarely played gems at their rehearsals...bring on the tour! By the way the Stones have moved the start of their rehearsals in Toronto from July 24th to July 7th...thats a week from Sunday!
06-27-02 06:06 PM
gypsy Isn't touritis that disease that causes people to yell out curse words? I'm confused...
06-27-02 06:27 PM
luxury1 gypsy--I think nankerphelge has that too.
06-27-02 07:06 PM
nankerphelge Fuck yeah!
I got Dance Lil' Sistah on the brain today for some reason --- haven't listened to it in ages but it's in there today.
06-27-02 10:53 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Fuck yeah!
I got Dance Lil' Sistah on the brain today for some reason --- haven't listened to it in ages but it's in there today.

Hell, yeah. I had IORR in the playah from dawn till dusk - when I was rudely informed that John had died and the Who had likely died with him. Now I've vowed to blow whatever money I have left on "Live At Leeds". Oh well.

-tYSX --- "Why'd you have to go and leave us like that, you sod!"

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road