ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick Jagger and Robbie Robertson by Robert Risko © 1987
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CROWES CRAP Return to archive
06-25-02 04:04 PM
gimmekeef Anyone who has ever played Mr. Robinson's and Black Crowes first single from 10 yrs ago (can't even remember the title)will recognize it as a complete rip off of Keith's "Shouldn't Take It So Hard".Chris should just thank his lucky starts there were Stones or his career would never have happened.The Stones charge $300 because people such as myself will pay it period!
06-25-02 11:08 PM
Bluzian And what pray-tell, is every Rolling Stones song a copy of?
I'll give you a hint: it's based on the most simplistic 3
chord structure by Chuck Berry.

If it weren't for CB, the Stones would be nothing. Ok, sure
they got a few originals, like Paint It, Black and Ruby T
and a few others, but, c'mon.. Satisfaction is a complete
rip-off.

The Crowes are more talented and enthusiastic than the
Stones are these days. The stones are on this 20 year
auto-pilot, riding on the coat-tails of Jumpin' Jack Flash
and so forth..

Get off yer high horse hombre, and realize that the Crowes
are their own sound and delivery. And they play their music
with MUCH MORE conviction than the Stones do. Atleast
Chris Robinson MEANS IT when he sings it~... do you honestly
think Mick Jagger "means it" when he "sings it"??? Phf!!
Hardly!!!!!!!!!!!! Mick Jagger hasn't got one fraction of
genuinity or authenticity. It's a manipulation, and he's got
you wrapped around his finger, under his magic spell.

Brother, *SNAP* out've it!!

Cheers,
Ian
06-25-02 11:52 PM
BILL PERKS IAN-THE CROWES ARE GOOD BAND THAT ROCK BUT YOU ARE CRAZY TO COMPARE ANYTHING ABOUT THEM TO THE STONES.AS FOR ORIGINAL MATERIAL,I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH OF THEIR CATALOGUE YOU KNOW BUT NO BAND HAS DONE MORE CREATIVE MATERIAL.I CAN NAME AT LEAST 50 SONGS WHERE THE STYLE IS UNLIKE ANYONE HAD DONE BEFORE THEM AND WITH NO BERRY INFLUENCE WHATSOEVER.EVERYTHING DERIVES FROM SOMETHING AND I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT "JEALOUS AGAIN" DERIVES FROM(AND IT SOUNDS BLOODY GOOD).AS FAR SINGING WITH CONVICTION,LET US SEE EXACTLY WHERE ROBINSON IS WHEN HE'S 45.OR 58.
06-26-02 09:40 AM
Lazy Bones I think the key word is inspiration. Sure, many bands and artists "rip off" chords or riffs. ANYBODY SEEN MY BABY is probably the Stones' most recent example where they credit KD Lang.
All artists, in some way, shape or form use licks from other cats. Doesn't mean its's degrading.
06-26-02 10:36 AM
Mother baby The Stones will be playing their music "with conviction" as they set new records for sell out crowds this year and laugh all the way to the bank. Jealous Again??? LOL!!

Jeeez, I always thought Mick sang with conviction, like Dance Little Sister, When The Whip Comes Down and Brown Sugar come to mind, others too.
[Edited by Mother baby]
[Edited by Mother baby]
06-26-02 12:12 PM
padre The wise borrows, the stupid steals.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road