ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick Jagger and Robbie Robertson by Robert Risko © 1987
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header - Postcard from the first edition of Exile on Main Street Return to archive
06-23-02 11:42 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy His auntie, he says, his auntie!
06-24-02 01:28 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh, and as a filthy new fan, I don't have the LP Exile.... what exactly was included? Because in flipping through the booklet that came with the CD Exile, I saw little notecards that read "I gave you the diamonds, you gave me disease," and "Got to scrape the shit right off your shoes." What were the postcards and what was just random nonsense?

-tYSX --- belive what you like she's my auntie...
06-24-02 01:45 PM
Im_Shattered It's a story, my dad has the original LP actually 2 of them, i used to look at the pictures for hours it's just not the same on cd
06-24-02 02:52 PM
Jaxx i think that there's 12 postcards with 12 different scenes. its the boys hanging out on these docks with this lovely woman. in the last shot they are all falling down. its quite funny.
06-24-02 03:37 PM
Jaxx i knew i had seen this recently. duh. its the centerfold in the booklet in the "exile on main street" cd jewel box. the originals were in a page of perforated postcard size photos.

the script is on there if you have "good" eyes
06-24-02 11:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, look at Keef's waisteline....is that his PUBIC HAIR sticking out?

BTW, the Collector's Edition CD release has the entire post card set included...in miniature....kinda cool.
06-24-02 11:35 PM
BILL PERKS WHERE'S BILL?PROBABLY SHAGGING THE 15 YEAR OLD PHOTO ASSISTANT,I SHOULD RECKON.
06-25-02 12:14 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah, in the booklet these are all included in micro form, with captions. The story's quite funny, very much traditional British pomp and circumstance with the Rolling Stones writing the dialogue. I can't remember it exactly, but the whole thing is along the lines of: "Keith is incredulous. 'His auntie, he says, his auntie!'" Next Card: "Mick attempts unsuccessfuly to quell disbelief. 'Belive wot you like she's my auntie.'" (end violent paraphrase). And, of course, poor Mick T. plays himself.

If anyone has all fifteen up somewhere, I'd love to see the full photos. There's avatar fodder in them hills!

-tSYX --- "Well, here we are, and this is my auntie."
06-25-02 12:14 AM
Im_Shattered lol shit, i think your right sir stonesalot!!!
06-25-02 12:19 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh, Sir Stonesalot, my virgin eyes! Keith has enough hair everywhere else!

-tSYX --- In favor of shaving Keith. Well, in favor of someone else shaving Keith so dealing with it is not required. Actually not in favor of this at all. In favor of a new studio album 20-aught-3 with a hairy Keith.
06-25-02 12:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the reference header

POstcard from the original version of Exile on Main Street
06-26-02 01:09 PM
littleredrooster I remember those post cards!
In order to get tickets for MSG in 1972 you had to mail in postcards that qualified you for a voucher to purchase 4 tickets to see the Stones. I used THOSE cards among others, a total of 87 postcards sent in to win that lottery for tickets. Each voucher had a code number that assigned specific seats. I scored on FIVE postcards allowing me to buy TWENTY tickets. Each ticket was $6.50. All four shows were included and you will see the product of this lucky draw when Voodoo Chile completes his digital magic from the 8mm movie film that I shot on July 25, 1972 both shows.
06-26-02 06:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot LRR....You have given me a big ol' chubber.
06-26-02 09:51 PM
littleredrooster With your chain mail pants, Sire, you are in DEEP,DEEP trouble!!
A quick change to your flowing Cardinal robe could save you,but alas, I fear it is much too late!!!
06-26-02 10:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, nothing a little WD40 can't fix....
06-26-02 11:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey, look at Keef's waistline....is that his PUBIC HAIR sticking out?

Keith has WOLF PUSS!

06-27-02 12:09 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Keith has WOLF PUSS!

Yyyyyyuukkk!

I actually think that's a sash of some sort coupled with an uneven trouser-buttoning... I hope it is. It looks a little too clear-cropped, unless Keith's a neat freak, which we know him not to be.

-tSYX --- Does not claim to be an expert on Short And Curlies.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road