ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick Jagger and Robbie Robertson by Robert Risko © 1987
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Worst... Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-25-02 08:35 PM
Honky Tonk Man You know what? Lets do a "worst of the Stones" cd. I might do it myself for fun. I think we should do a vote, the top twenty get put on the cd. I might do my own for fun if no one else is up for doing it

Here goes..

Gomper

In Another Land

STSA (See what Happens)

Under The Board Walk (cover version i know, but its BLOODY AWFUL!)

Can You Hear The Music

Back To Zero

Sex Drive

Might As Well Get Juiced (never listend to the whole song!)

If you think about it, the Stones DO have some pretty awful tunes!!
06-25-02 09:15 PM
Honky Tonker Don't forget -

Cherry Oh Baby
My Girl, their worst cover ever (Who's idea was this????)
and my least favorite ever #%$&&**Memo From Turner.

P. S. I did like the scene with Anita and the other chick though! From "Performance".
06-25-02 11:28 PM
BILL PERKS THIS CD WILL COME OUT IN 2043 IN HONOR OF THE DEATH OF KEEF(1943-2043)
1)SING THIS ALTOGETHER
2)INDIAN GIRL
3)BLINDED BY RAINBOWS
4)SUCK ON THE JUGULAR
5)FOOL TO CRY
6)OFF THE HOOK
7)AS TEARS GO BY
8)IN ANOTHER LAND
9)DONCHA BOTHER ME
10)ALWAYS SUFFERING
11)FEEL ON BABY
12)TERRIFYING
IT WILL BE CALLED MILKING THE MILLENIUM
PRODUCED BY JIMMY JAGGER AND GABRIEL JAGGER
06-26-02 05:34 AM
stonedinaustralia nasty habits i take your point entirely but still stand by mine... had it with you is a disaster but that 's no reason not (or a good reason ) to love it

perhaps shambolic would have been a better description (so i hope we're cool). the fact remains the band was fractured when they made DW and i think it comes out in the sound

as rescued has so rightfully suggested this worst of thing is a bit of a bummer

but what's with you guys who are giving memo to turner the thumbs down?? that i do not understand and i think you're missing something there...

ultimately tho,if its the stones its cool - 'tho indian girl still worries me greatly when i think about it
[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
06-26-02 12:31 PM
Nasty Habits Of course we're cool, Stoned in Australia - more than once I've been gonna say something in some thread, but then you come along before me and say what I was gonna say just as good, so I don't bother. I've just been geeking on Dirty Work lately (believe it or not it was Dirty Work that turned 13 year old Nasty into a Stones fiend) and esp. Had It With You, and this seemed like the perfect time to run through some of my thoughts on it.

Dirty Work may be fractured and disjointed, but it is without a doubt emotionally real - the band may be disconnected from each other, but they are certainly into their own spite and anger. I get off on the record because it is so utterly angry and internally combustible. It sounds like the Rolling Stones could go nuclear at any second. Maybe I've perverse (of course I'm perverse - I'm Nasty) but I like that. It's certainly better than the emotionally disconnected "hypothetical world" music they've made together since, at least for genuine Stones vibe and verve.

I, like you, am surprised that so many people would put "Memo from Turner" on a worst of list of any sort - I love the words to that song, I love the sound of that song, and I love the video in Performance to that song. I love the soundtrack version, I love the version on Metamorphosis, I love that crazy alternate version that circulates, and I love my picture sleeve 45. Memo from Turner kicks ass.

But then again I like Dirty Work so what do I know?

Be bold be bold be bold be bold baby

Nasty Habits - the man who squats behind the man who works the soft machine.
06-26-02 12:48 PM
Rescued I respect peoples dislike for Indian Girl. Its Latin/country/political hybridization(SP) don't jive well. It's an interesting failure though, and an example of the tongue in cheek country thing Jagger was playing around with at the time. His "Lesson number one, that you learn when you're young - life just keeps getting tougher and tougher refrain is cool and is reminiscent of the Faraway Eyes "down on your luck/ downright disgusted/ life ain't worth a damn" chorus. I'm a sucker for Mick's country hick imitations. Would have loved it if they would have included No Spare Parts or Do You Think I Really Care on ER.
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road