ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick Jagger and Robbie Robertson by Robert Risko © 1987
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New FTP server Return to archive
06-21-02 05:59 PM
stonealone A new FTP server is on line.

ftp://stonealone.kicks-ass.net
login : stones
password : stones

Keep rolling
06-21-02 08:38 PM
Tom Would you or someone else please explain how to use it? I receive an error message and I don't see anything.
06-21-02 08:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That address is not intended to be used with a browser (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc), you need to download an FTP "Client" and enter that address.

To download FTP software, go to http://www.download.com and try Cute FTP, it's user friendly and there's a free version that it's more than enough for this purpose.

Once you have you FTP software installed, just enter the information provided by stonealone.
06-21-02 11:14 PM
rubytuesday
quote:
stonealone wrote:
A new FTP server is on line.

ftp://stonealone.kicks-ass.net
login : stones
password : stones

Keep rolling

06-23-02 12:38 PM
chevysales stonealone,

thank you for the access.
longtime stones fan with few boots but tons of cd's.

i use winamp to convert to wav for burning (ecdc platinum)
but wonder what evryone uses for id3 tag? winamp will suffice.
this is not a flame but a question posed to fellow music lovers:
i wonder as being such a perfectionist i rip my music at 320kbs as size to me means nothing with large harddrives today and broadband connections but i can't for the life of me understand why anyone would rip at 96kbps/22khz as thats a recipe for garbage sound and a waste of bandwidth along with mp3pro and wma files. now i find many sites that are at 192kbps and thats decent quality but if we aren't dealing with studio quality to begin with why do users degrade it even more to anything below 128kbps? and to my ears 128kbps (even after all those years of front side stage concerts) is streaming quality and nothing more. i fully understand not everyone has there computer setup for awesome sound using latest/greatest sound cards and klipsch promedia 5.1's but sound for computers has come light years in past 2 years alone and many have made there computers become the home media centerpiece controller for home theater listening.

also if i could help ya with any music software ie, audiograbber, cool edit pro 2.0 or anything else email me.

thanx again,
chevysales

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]
06-24-02 04:55 AM
stonealone That address is not intended to be used with a browser, you need to download an FTP "Client". If you want to connect with a browser, use this link :

ftp://stones:[email protected]
06-24-02 05:19 PM
voodoopug I have downloaded the ftp client, but it still gives me an error when I try to connect...can someone AOL IM me at Keefriffhard3 or ICQ me at 160116243 to help me?

Thanks

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road