ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Burke Belts It Out In 'Nashville' (NSC) Return to archive
29th June 2006 11:57 AM
justinkurian Glad to see Solomon's getting some press...From Billboard.com:

Burke Belts It Out In 'Nashville'
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Solomon Burke's upcoming album of country music has been appropriately christened "Nashville." As previously reported, the 14-track project is due Sept. 26 via Shout! Factory and was recorded with producer Buddy Miller at his Nashville studio.

Beyond previously announced duets with Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Patty Loveless, "Nashville" finds Burke trying his hand at Bruce Springsteen's "Ain't Got You," Don Williams' "Atta Way To Go" and Jim Lauderdale's "Seems Like You're Gonna Take Me Back."

Burke and Parton team up for her "Tomorrow Is Forever," while the soul legend pairs with Harris on George Jones' "We're Gonna Hold On" and Loveless on "You're the Kind of Trouble."

"I feel like I've been at the university of country music," Burke told Billboard.com in April. "I'm just so proud and so grateful for what we've done here and all the guests helping out have been so good to me. This is the most exciting thing I've done in the 51-year history of my career."
29th June 2006 12:02 PM
glencar One of the best opening acts I've seen. Very enjoyable. He's morbidly obese which some people around here might say counts against him.
29th June 2006 12:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
One of the best opening acts I've seen. Very enjoyable.

yes. He was great.

I've enjoyed the openers when they've had the elder greats like Solomon or Buddy Guy.

I not only wish they would bring those guys out as the warm ups more often, but think that its their obligation to do so. They are in the position to hand pick their openers. Why not give more dates to Buddy, Burke, Merle, Bo, Willie, Hubert, Jerry Lee....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)