ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger, Elton John, Ringo Starr Talk About Platinum Weird Return to archive
27th June 2006 09:34 AM
moy Mick Jagger, Elton John, Ringo Starr Talk About Platinum Weird
artist: platinum weird date: 06/27/2006 category: press releases

In 1974, Dave Stewart formed a band called Platinum Weird in North London with his female songwriting partner, muse and soul mate, Erin Grace. The pair originally met a few months earlier and formed a creative and spiritual bond. Their debut gig was at Mick Jagger's birthday party where they quickly enjoyed a cult-like status performing at intimate gigs in London's rock club circuit. Elton John's Rocket label signed the band, putting down an advance to send them into studio and lay down tracks.

Erin's behavior during the making of the album was unpredictable and eccentric. Prone to mood swings and emotional insecurity, she would often disappear for days, and then reappear as if nothing was unusual with a smile and couple of new songs. Perhaps because of her unconventional persona, men desired her and women emulated her. "She was wispy and elusive," Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, once said. "I wasn't quite sure what she was about, but I kind of copied her look."

With art work finalized and a release date penciled in, Erin vanished again, leaving Dave nothing but a demo of a song called 'Will You Be Around' and a closet of metal hangers where she used to keep her clothes. As suddenly as she had appeared in Dave's life, she was gone. "In a strange way," reflects Mick Jagger, "I think Dave was the least surprised by what happened. Knowing her nature, I think he found it kind of appropriate."

The highly anticipated eponymous album of Platinum Weird was never released and its name disappeared from public consciousness as quickly as the elusive songstress herself. Dave went into a deep depression, a period he later referred to as his 'lost years.'

27th June 2006 09:58 AM
corgi37 As much as i dont really give a shit, that was a interesting read.
27th June 2006 10:24 AM
BILL PERKS I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO WITH THIS NONSENSE
27th June 2006 11:44 PM
JOHNNYSTONED IT HAS TO BE A PLUG FOR A NEW DAVE STEWART CD...
28th June 2006 01:38 AM
glencar Is this like that Chris Gaines nonsense? Secondary Rutles? Well, I'm fucking tired of that shit. Let's pass a law.
28th June 2006 01:50 AM
pdog I'm just passing.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)