ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jets haters... dolphin lovers unite-the clock play video :) Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th June 2006 08:49 AM
chevysales yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hate those stinkin lousy filthy jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzE__vAClo&search=%27Clock%20Play%27%20Marino

the play still talked about in the NFL to this day...thanx bernie kosar for coming up with it! the fake spike... mimiced but never duplicated...killed the jets season as they go on a losing streak to close out their season

marc ingram well before his numerous arrests...

[Edited by chevysales]
27th June 2006 08:56 AM
Maxlugar I remember this like it was yesterday. Thanks.

I actually jumped up on my friends coffee table as he looked on, suicidal.
27th June 2006 09:48 AM
BILL PERKS I WAS SITTING IN SEC 107 ROW 7 SEAT 16..ONE OF THE TOP 5 MOMENTS OF MY LIFE
27th June 2006 09:49 AM
jb Marino was truly heads and shoulders above all else....he was the best pure passer ever...Sadly, he never won a ring, but that should not detract from his greatness. Johnson/Wanstadt certainly ruined his last 5 yrs, but for 17 years we alwasy had Sunday to look forward to. While Farve looks like he will break Dan's TD record(420-Farve neds 25 tD's this year), he is no way near the QB Dan was. In fact, none of them (Elway, Montana, Young) were ever the QB Dan was. Yes, they got rings, but so did John Sally.... Manning is the only QB who, imo, really comes close to Dan as far as pure QB skills. However, he plays 1/2 his games indoor , and has had a great running back all these years-Marino did it with no running game and when he was in his prime, no defense. I have also seen Dan at 3 Stones gigs down here, and last show sat a row away from him and his son....he loves the Stones...
27th June 2006 09:51 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I WAS SITTING IN SEC 107 ROW 7 SEAT 16..ONE OF THE TOP 5 MOMENTS OF MY LIFE

I was busy taking a shit and missed the entire occasion .
27th June 2006 09:54 AM
Maxlugar Isn't Farve held together with duct tape and paper clips these days? I hope he doesn't get it. He will not get the yardage record, at least!

Your lack of running game point is very important because Dan did all this with no threat of running the ball. The other side always knew he was going to be passing the ball to win. And he would still win.

God bless Dan Marino!

And Don Shula!

27th June 2006 10:35 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

I was busy taking a shit and missed the entire occasion .

IN NEBRASKA, THEY THINK FOOTBALL IS ONLY PLAYED ON SATURDAY.SUNDAY IS FOR CHURCH AND FUCKING THE FAMILY SOWS.

[EDITED BY I.M. HIP]
[Edited by BILL PERKS]
27th June 2006 10:43 AM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Isn't Farve held together with duct tape and paper clips these days? I hope he doesn't get it. He will not get the yardage record, at least!

Your lack of running game point is very important because Dan did all this with no threat of running the ball. The other side always knew he was going to be passing the ball to win. And he would still win.

God bless Dan Marino!

And Don Shula!

Thank you....I recall many games we lost 48-45...we simply had no defense in Dan's prime and no running game. Farve will not break the 60,000 yardage mark or 5084 single season nark. The TD recordd will fall b/c Farve has played in like 200 plus games straihgt and has thrown many 3-5 yd TD passes(see also hula Manning in the year he threw 49 TD's) Shula and Marino were all class....unfortunately Shula's biggest downfall was never surrounding Dan with a decent running game or defense in his firat 1o yrs....Nonetheless, we won many exciting games (and lost many as well). Those old Jet/Phin games with Marion in his prime and the NY Sack exchange were alwasy great...Our defense made Ken O'Brian look all pro....I recall losing to the Jets 51-48 in the Meadowlands as Dan and O'Brain had a bout 5 TD each....we had a horrible secondary and the worst linebackers ...

P.S.-but for the classless Johnson and Clueless Wanstadt, Dan would have had another 30-40 TD's . Instead they ruined his career and ruined a once great franchise. Hopefully saban will bring back some respect.
[Edited by jb]
27th June 2006 11:20 AM
Maxlugar [quote]jb wrote:
P.S.-but for the classless Johnson and Clueless Wanstadt, Dan would have had another 30-40 TD's . Instead they ruined his career and ruined a once great franchise. Hopefully saban will bring back some respect.

Shula and Marino never got to take a "fareway tour" around the league. They were unceremoniously DUMPED at the end of the season. This is football's greatest shame. The powers involved will roast like pigs in hell.

27th June 2006 11:26 AM
Saint Sway I was at this game!!!

Fish were down 4 TDs in the 4th and I remember telling the Jets fans around me how seriously fucked they were. They laughed then. But no one was laughing after the fake spike. Except me.

one of the most hilarious endings to a football game ever. Closely behind the marching band game and Leon Lett.
27th June 2006 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I was at this game!!!

Fish were down 4 TDs in the 4th and I remember telling the Jets fans around me how seriously fucked they were. They laughed then. But no one was laughing after the fake spike. Except me.

one of the most hilarious endings to a football game ever. Closely behind the marching band game and Leon Lett.

I hated the Jets, but alwasy liked Abdul-Salam(sic) and Joe Klecko. marty Lyons, on the otherhand, ruined Hall of Famer Dwight Stephens career with a cheap shot....
27th June 2006 11:50 AM
chevysales
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:

Shula and Marino never got to take a "fareway tour" around the league. They were unceremoniously DUMPED at the end of the season. This is football's greatest shame. The powers involved will roast like pigs in hell.

punk ass wanny and what went on swiped from my page...

"Marino met with Wannstedt in early Feb. and Wanny said "we are changing the offense and this and that and you better think about it". Danny said "Wannstedt never looked at me he looked out the window and at the floor" qoutes from Dans agent Marvin Demoff. "I think the Dolphins could have handled things better, but I don't think it would have changed his football decision," Demoff said. "Had most of these events never occurred and Minnesota never occurred and it was just the Dolphins saying they'd like him to come back and play, I think you'd wind up with the same decision."

shues mortagaged the furture for one last run in 95 and it blew up in his face with all the free agents... wayne was swayed by media crap and jj's crapping on the don!

and i root for anyone playing against the jets.

marino had 6td games against the jets...unfortunely the shootout with o'brien our secondary made wesley walker a superstar

as for lord farve and the ass kissing he gets from the league plus his dance game with retirement made his legacy a bit tarnished (the vicadin's didn't help either) as even his fans feel that way now... he may not break any of dan's records this year... have any of you see the crappy line the pack is fronting this year? farve may break his own int record

and any fan see's he is coming back for nothing more than to try to break the records as the pack got worse this year not better... their draft was poor along with a whole new regime... heck minny will beat them this year.

marino was the end of a bred of athlete we won't see anymore in the nfl... clean living, no issues and staying with the same team throughout his career...not too mention one of the most exciting things to watch was him playing at the orange bowl and how loud it got on the closed end and how louder it got hitting clayton and duper for 6!

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]
27th June 2006 11:55 AM
jb I think the real problem was the shoulder iunjury suffered against the colts that season....he never really recovered and Johnson through him to the wolves against Dallas.....Nonethless, we all should have the success marion had/has.
27th June 2006 12:01 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
I think the real problem was the shoulder iunjury suffered against the colts that season....he never really recovered and Johnson through him to the wolves against Dallas.....Nonethless, we all should have the success marion had/has.

cervical nerve root damage lack of mobility and no frickkin' line in front of him... jason cole had written dan couldn't even hold his head up after that game... dan to orande gadsden for the winner on a fade route... another 4th qtr comeback to which dan is only one behind the record holder (elway) with 146 4th qtr comebacks.
[Edited by chevysales]
27th June 2006 12:03 PM
jb He actually would have had more than Elway but for Johnson..he is also 1 win short of Elway for all time wins(I think). Elway had 200 less TD's. 10k less yards, and cried like a baby at his retirement....Elway "won" two rings, but was never close to dan as a QB....a better athlete, but no where near the passer Dan was.
27th June 2006 12:05 PM
chevysales hey jb how bout them heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still can't believe how this team elevated their game... nor wade mumbling "i can't believe i missed those last 2 free throws" while holding the mvp trophy on the podium.
27th June 2006 12:08 PM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:
hey jb how bout them heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still can't believe how this team elevated their game... nor wade mumbling "i can't believe i missed those last 2 free throws" while holding the mvp trophy on the podium.

No matter what Charles Barkley, Hubie Brown, Mark Jackson, or any other pundit said, we won, and therefore, are the best. Shaq and Wade simply were unbeatable.....while Shaq's #'s were down, his presence allowed Wade to score at will....I really have nothing against Dallas and think Cuban is a very funny guym, but they were inexperienced and Riley's experience helped us come back when others had us out in 4 or 5....Heat numero uno!!!!!
27th June 2006 12:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels AFC EAST....Jets. Dolphins. even the Buffalo Bills,...have been eclipsed by NE....Mere shadows in our Blaze of Glory. LOL. I've always liked Marino though....if only he had been a Patriot (sigh).
27th June 2006 12:26 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
AFC EAST....Jets. Dolphins. even the Buffalo Bills,...have been eclipsed by NE....Mere shadows in our Blaze of Glory. LOL. I've always liked Marino though....if only he had been a Patriot (sigh).

Pats had a great run..be happy with 3 titles....
27th June 2006 12:50 PM
Maxlugar Elway was drafted by the Yankees as a pitcher, if memory serves...
27th June 2006 12:52 PM
jb You are a gentlemen with outstanding character!!!
27th June 2006 02:34 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Elway was drafted by the Yankees as a pitcher, if memory serves...

MARINO IN THE 4TH ROUND BY KC ROYALS 1979
27th June 2006 05:02 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
He actually would have had more than Elway but for Johnson..he is also 1 win short of Elway for all time wins(I think). Elway had 200 less TD's. 10k less yards, and cried like a baby at his retirement....Elway "won" two rings, but was never close to dan as a QB....a better athlete, but no where near the passer Dan was.

he won two rings as denver hid money to give on the side to terrel davis... lost a dreft pick for that little bit of rule breaking to circumvent the cap in 97 and 98.
27th June 2006 05:04 PM
chevysales
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
AFC EAST....Jets. Dolphins. even the Buffalo Bills,...have been eclipsed by NE....Mere shadows in our Blaze of Glory. LOL. I've always liked Marino though....if only he had been a Patriot (sigh).

patsies are middle of the pack at best this year...may even be lower then jets and barffaloe jills. patsies had decades of horrible years at best... enjoy your rings and history left behind.
[Edited by chevysales]
27th June 2006 05:08 PM
Nellcote Ah! I see Chevy into serious weed.
You think you guys are going anywhere with Culpepper?
Maybe some lagoon cruise, however, in the words
of JB's fav singer, Dream On until your dreams come true...

We got Brady, and you's?
27th June 2006 05:10 PM
Nellcote And, The J E T S under Belichick understudy Mangini will rise quicker to the top than the Phins could only hope for.
Mark my words....
27th June 2006 05:19 PM
Some Guy XBox 360
my nephew 72 Dolphins
me 2006 Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta 27
Miami 24
27th June 2006 09:58 PM
pdog
28th June 2006 09:46 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ah! I see Chevy into serious weed.
You think you guys are going anywhere with Culpepper?
Maybe some lagoon cruise, however, in the words
of JB's fav singer, Dream On until your dreams come true...

We got Brady, and you's?

gave up weed years ago... few puffs once in awhile at stones shows but thats it...time willl tell my patsie friend time will tell... then you too will worship at the alter of the dolphin dominance as the beast of the nfl east

culpepper will thrive on chambers, booker, mcmicheal and bad azz ronnie brown chuggin' the rock!
[Edited by chevysales]
28th June 2006 09:48 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
And, The J E T S under Belichick understudy Mangini will rise quicker to the top than the Phins could only hope for.
Mark my words....

now thats a joke rite?

cause they are years away from getting out of the cellar!

they will battle barffaloe jills for cellar!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)