ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Mistake single artwork Return to archive
26th June 2006 11:24 PM
Soldatti

It will be released on July in Europe and August 21 in UK (already on Amazon.co.uk)
26th June 2006 11:42 PM
pdog Aren't they releasing two versions, with different b-sides?
26th June 2006 11:44 PM
Soldatti All the b-sides are from Four Flicks.

CD b-sides: Dance & Before They Make Me Run
Vinyl b-side: Hand Of Fate

26th June 2006 11:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Vinyl b-side: Hand Of Fate

Vinyl only... Should make it onto Rarities Pt.II
27th June 2006 06:32 AM
F505 Only interesting for collectors.
27th June 2006 06:35 AM
FotiniD Well, the artwork is sort of nice.

I can't believe we've reached a point where a new Stones single comes out and we couldn't care less - and we're the fans! Think of the casual listener...

And what is driving me crazy is that all this has nothing to do with them not being relevant or stuff like that. They have made some really, really nice music on ABB and I don't understand their lack of promoting skills. You'd think they're surrounded by a great team of promoters, managers and PR people but all you get is some stupid single with the worst possible selection of a song and a constantly changing release date.

What are they thinking?
27th June 2006 06:40 AM
F505 I think the Stones are in a deep crisis....
27th June 2006 07:03 AM
maumau what is that? a crime scene?
good live bsides
from what show is btmmr?
27th June 2006 07:32 AM
luxury1 what is with all these visual references to dank, slovenly apartment/hotel rooms?? They have been popping up in more and more videos and artwork.
27th June 2006 09:00 AM
egon I'm SO gonna sleep in front of Virgin for this.

Or maybe I'll just sleep with a virgin...
27th June 2006 10:11 AM
corgi37 Is there something wrong with having the bands name in writing a bit bigger than an ants ballbag?
27th June 2006 10:23 AM
Honky Tonk Man Biggest Mistake is priced at £3.99 on Amazon.uk, yet for 97 pence more; you can buy the A Bigger Bang special edition with the DVD! Absolutely ridiculous!
27th June 2006 11:08 AM
Saint Sway any word yet if this single will be made available at Starbucks?
27th June 2006 11:10 AM
pdog
quote:
egon wrote:
I'm SO gonna sleep in front of Virgin for this.
Or maybe I'll just sleep with a virgin...

You rock, You rule!
Sorry about your home countries football team, what a crap of a game!
27th June 2006 11:12 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any word yet if this single will be made available at Starbucks?

No US release... Another marketing move since The USA only goes to the live shows, while the rest of the world buys the music, but passes on the shows, or something like that.
The sources deep inside my head tell me it's over...
27th June 2006 07:14 PM
Soldatti
quote:
pdog wrote:

No US release... Another marketing move since The USA only goes to the live shows, while the rest of the world buys the music, but passes on the shows, or something like that.
The sources deep inside my head tell me it's over...

That's a great summary of the current tour/album.
28th June 2006 02:46 AM
corgi37 If we could mash the U.S. with Europe - wow - the band would be really huge.

Coldplay huge!
28th June 2006 02:49 AM
glencar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Well, the artwork is sort of nice.

I can't believe we've reached a point where a new Stones single comes out and we couldn't care less - and we're the fans! Think of the casual listener...

And what is driving me crazy is that all this has nothing to do with them not being relevant or stuff like that. They have made some really, really nice music on ABB and I don't understand their lack of promoting skills. You'd think they're surrounded by a great team of promoters, managers and PR people but all you get is some stupid single with the worst possible selection of a song and a constantly changing release date.

What are they thinking?

Speak for yourself, my Greek friend. I'm absolutely excited over this news. Shall I pick up an extra copy for you?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)