ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith Ready Their New Album (NSC) Return to archive
26th June 2006 01:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Aerosmith Ready Their New Album
It'll be with us in 2007...

by Scott Colothan on 6/26/2006
gigwise.com

Aerosmith are busy at work on their new album and plan to release it next year.

Rubber lipped frontman Steven Tyler has now recovered enough from his recent throat surgery to lay down tracks.

Speaking to Billboard, guitarist Joe Perry said of Tyler: "He's sounding better than ever. Even just listening to him talk, his voice has this timbre that I haven't heard for years."

Perry went on to explain that the band are hoping to revive old material that they had discarded in the past on the LP.

He said: “There's some stuff we left off certain records that we've been scratching our heads over why that happened.

“There's also bits and pieces of things we haven't got to, and some stuff from (their 2004 blues album] 'Honkin' on Bobo' that never got finished.

“We want to bring some of the elements of the experimenting we've done on the albums over the last few years and mash that in with that 'Honkin' on Bobo'-kind of energy."
26th June 2006 01:57 PM
jb Sad news....
26th June 2006 02:02 PM
Monkeytonk-man Awesome, bring it on - chances on it will be a more rocking affair than BB.

now all we need is Acca Daca to release their newie, and I'm a happy chappy
26th June 2006 02:53 PM
Poplar
Always have been, always will be: A poor man's Rolling Stones.
26th June 2006 02:54 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

More like a poor mans "Bay City Rollers".
26th June 2006 03:12 PM
Dan
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Bullshit. The similarities end at the lips.
26th June 2006 03:15 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Awesome, bring it on - chances on it will be a more rocking affair than BB.

now all we need is Acca Daca to release their newie, and I'm a happy chappy

I'd bet on the odds of it having a lot of ballads and sappy crappy.
26th June 2006 03:27 PM
jb
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

I'd bet on the odds of it having a lot of ballads and sappy crappy.

Alicia Silverstone video?
26th June 2006 03:32 PM
mmdog
Thier blues release aside, Aerosmith has hardly been accused of rocking lately. They have treaded much closer to the pop side of things, even bringing in outside song writers. I also understand what Dan is saying. However it was Aermsith's decision to co-opt a lot of Stones trademark's. The Toxic Twins and America's Greatest Rock-n-Roll band come to mind.
26th June 2006 03:58 PM
IanBillen
Aerosmith=

-Fantastic Musicians
-Lead singer with out-standing charisma and a great voice
-for the most part good song writing skills

The problems:

-real sell outs
-extemely over-exposed
-very pop oriented
-too MTV

......and yes, always have followed in The Stones foot steps
......and are now nothing more than a 12-16 year old young girls band that have not been taken seriously for a long while.

Truthfully, they are tireing to me and most folks with an ounce of rock n roll horse sense. Used to love them. Now they just make me and most others sick...

They actually really irritate me now. Their act is soooo old. Aerosmith still acts like it is 1993 (or late 80's) with Tylers Ryhmes in interviews and the way he and they all act on stage. I can see still giving it that Aerosmith flavor. You gotta have that......but being over the top with it constantly from then to now is old, tired, and just a true bore any more.

Ian
26th June 2006 04:01 PM
jb One of the worst transformations of a band since Rod Stewart's singing American Standards...
26th June 2006 04:15 PM
IanBillen I know. They always directly followed in their idols, and big brothers foot steps, that being our Stones.

Nobody took them real seriously. Mainly because of their Stones rip-off image (and some sonic influence) and also their lack of consistency. But at times they were a hell of a band.

For The past ten or twelve years they took it three steps farther. They used to try and emulate The Stones and their image. It was no secret even back then. Just look at them, the way they dressed, their on stage antics, how they perceived themselves and some of their sound. Mostly anyone knew that much. If you didn't all you really had to do was look at Aerosmith. Either in pictures or live. And yes they also took the Stones music influence into their work. They were even dubbed as "The poor man's Rolling Stones" since the 1970's because of it. Before they were famous Steven Tyler used to actually carry a picture of Mick Jagger in his back pocket and used tell people he was Mick's brother (until he got found out at a party and got his ass kicked for it).....geez Now it has gotten so bad they are seen as nothing more than well,

The Dollar Store's Rolling Stones.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
26th June 2006 05:05 PM
deuce I dig Aerosmith and I really don't give a shit what anyone says about it.

Fantastic news
26th June 2006 06:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man I'm not much of a fan of Areosmith, but I don't really understand all the ribbing they get here either. I like a few of their tunes and I leave it at that. I like Crazy, Cryin', Dude Looks Like A Lady etc and I leave it like that. I can SEE the comparisons with The Stones, but I think most people are over that by now, right? It's not 1975 anymore.
26th June 2006 07:31 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
One of the worst transformations of a band since Rod Stewart's singing American Standards...

Aerosmith's last blues album has sold 150k more copies in US than ABB.
27th June 2006 05:15 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Yeah, Aerosmith haven't released a great album since 1976, while the Stones haven't released a great album since 1981..
27th June 2006 11:38 AM
Monkeytonk-man PUMP was released in 89 I think - this is widely regarded as a great album.

Honkin on Bobo is also a great album. the original blues tune they include on the LP is a stormer and fits nicely into the set.

Aerosmith rock, lets not argue that they were influenced by the Stones, they are after all a rock band, neraly all rock bands have been influenced in some way by the Stones, it's all part of the evolution of music, all artists are influenced, either conciously or subconciously by previous exponents.

I like 'em, some people don't. If you don't, fine, have a good 'un.
27th June 2006 11:41 AM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Sad, but true...I beleive we are slightly ahead of them with 67.5 million to 66.6mil????
27th June 2006 12:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Soldatti, how do the sales of A Bigger Bang and Aerosmiths latest compare in the UK? I'd of though the situation would be different to what it is in the States. Not because The Stones are particularly more popular over here than in the States, but more so because Aerosmith are so much more popular over there than here.
27th June 2006 07:28 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Soldatti, how do the sales of A Bigger Bang and Aerosmiths latest compare in the UK?

Aerosmith's latest album sold 40,000 copies in UK during 2004. ABB sold 109,000 copies in UK during 2005, without a re-entry on the top 200 this year.

quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'd of though the situation would be different to what it is in the States. Not because The Stones are particularly more popular over here than in the States, but more so because Aerosmith are so much more popular over there than here.

Aerosmith's BIG record sales comes from US and Japan, 80% of their world sales are from these two countries.
ABB has sold 2.5 million copies worldwide (Aero's last album barely reached 1 m. ww), about 21% of the ABB sales are from US, 45% comes from Europe and 34% from the rest of the world.
28th June 2006 08:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Aerosmith's latest album sold 40,000 copies in UK during 2004. ABB sold 109,000 copies in UK during 2005, without a re-entry on the top 200 this year.

Aerosmith's BIG record sales comes from US and Japan, 80% of their world sales are from these two countries.
ABB has sold 2.5 million copies worldwide (Aero's last album barely reached 1 m. ww), about 21% of the ABB sales are from US, 45% comes from Europe and 34% from the rest of the world.

THANKS!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)