ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Re-HAB Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th June 2006 11:21 PM
TomL Ronnie has been spending too much time at my house. I love him at his worst. I quit smoking three months ago but me and Ronnie smoked 4 cartons together. We did not drink much, a half keg or so.

Ronnie, live your life how you want, fuck you can't take it with you. We have the music for ever. We have you forever. We are products of our socity. The way we were raised and bread. No turning back now. Voodoo, Ronnie would love the study, we could make good music together.

Rock On Ronnie we love you no matter what.

25th June 2006 11:52 PM
glencar Nigga please! If Ronnie stays off the booze until Aug. 22nd, he can do whatever he wants. I want him in shape & tuned up for that London gig.
26th June 2006 07:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ronnie will be good, the only thing he's doing is following his bandmate habits

© Unknown (Please read "Well known" instead) paparazzi!

26th June 2006 08:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
TomL wrote:
Ronnie would love the study, we could make good music together.

Our version of Some Girls soon will be a "classic" next must have Woody there
26th June 2006 12:48 PM
jb I bought a Mick Bobble-head on Canal Street for $ 19.99!!!
26th June 2006 01:08 PM
Honky Tonk Man Out off curiosity, in terms of Ronnie’s health, what is it that’s most vital for him to kick first? The fags or the booze? Obviously I know that in terms of touring, it's the booze, but what about in terms of his overall health? I think we forget that he's trying to kick both things at once and lets not forget that it's made harder by the fact that both go together so well. I'm bringing this up because of the whole emphysema scare he had a couple of years ago.
26th June 2006 01:12 PM
jb As we left the Hotel yesterday, we drove right into the Gay Pride Parade!!!!
26th June 2006 01:23 PM
nankerphelge You didn't rear end anyone did you?
26th June 2006 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You didn't rear end anyone did you?

Funny!!!! -I saw many, many rainbow flags!!!
26th June 2006 05:06 PM
PeerQueer Palm Springs recently attempted a Jewish Pride parade but nobody came.

The city refused to validate their parking...

-though one guy did show up, but his last name was Ehrlichmann. He appeared confused...
26th June 2006 05:17 PM
Some Guy is keith an enabler?
26th June 2006 06:21 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
is keith an enabler?

Keith is, was, and always shall be...
26th June 2006 06:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
As we left the Hotel yesterday, we drove right into the Gay Pride Parade!!!!

I was in Seattle all last week. Its officially surpasses San Fran as the gayest city in the U.S. And there really is nothing wrong with that at all, I just could not believe howe gay the place was.

They actually shut down main streets for the gay parades, all these dudes in leather bouncing around, strange scene. I did see some good looking girls kissing, so that part was cool.
26th June 2006 07:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I did see some good looking girls kissing, so that part was cool.

Are you sure they were girls?

Didn't know that, do you mean in % of population or in amount of gays/lesbians as fgar as I remember New York City is number one in amount and San Francisco in %
26th June 2006 07:07 PM
PeerQueer [quote]sirmoonie wrote:

I was in Seattle all last week. Its officially surpasses San Fran as the gayest city in the U.S. And there really is nothing wrong with that at all, I just could not believe howe gay the place was.
_________

Now wait just one minute...
26th June 2006 07:29 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
As we left the Hotel yesterday, we drove right into the Gay Pride Parade!!!!

Met some Chi-town folks who didn't know it was Pride here too! 1 1/2 million homos can't be wrong!
26th June 2006 07:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL this is Rocks Off... we don't fuck around. A rehab thread now is a thread about gay parades and gay population

Sex, drugs and Rock and Roll!
26th June 2006 08:09 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

There was alot of that in SF this weekend...
26th June 2006 09:21 PM
TomL Go Ronnie Go...............................
26th June 2006 09:30 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LOL this is Rocks Off... we don't fuck around. A rehab thread now is a thread about gay parades and gay population

Only on RO!!

26th June 2006 10:11 PM
sirmoonie
quote:

Are you sure they were girls?

Didn't know that, do you mean in % of population or in amount of gays/lesbians as fgar as I remember New York City is number one in amount and San Francisco in %

Yeah, they were girls. I made sure before staring any further.

It looked like percentage-wise. Also, in terms of comfort level. Gay guys in Seattle have no problem walking around holding hands and kissing each other in public. I was quite shocked, I don't think you could do that in most U.S. cities. It might even be illegal in some places in the South.
26th June 2006 10:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
It might even be illegal in some places in the South.

At least not in the States of LA, FL and CA
27th June 2006 11:13 AM
TomL Hey JB, I saw a Gay Elvis driving a bike smash right into one of those steel bars that come up out of the ground to block off the street. It was great.
27th June 2006 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
TomL wrote:
Hey JB, I saw a Gay Elvis driving a bike smash right into one of those steel bars that come up out of the ground to block off the street. It was great.

We had dinner in Soho and my young son said "Dad, why is that guy wearing nail polish"? I told him "some people like fancy fingernails."
27th June 2006 12:12 PM
nankerphelge A man's sexual orientation may be determined by conditions in the womb, according to a study.
Previous research had revealed the more older brothers a boy has, the more likely he is to be gay, but the reason for this phenomenon was unknown.

But a Canadian study has shown that the effect is most likely down to biological rather than social factors.

The research is published in the journal of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Professor Anthony Bogaert from Brock University in Ontario, Canada, studied 944 heterosexual and homosexual men with either "biological" brothers, in this case those who share the same mother, or "non-biological" brothers, that is, adopted, step or half siblings.

These results support a prenatal origin to sexual orientation development in men

Professor Anthony Bogaert

He found the link between the number of older brothers and homosexuality only existed when the siblings shared the same mother.

The amount of time the individual spent being raised with older brothers did not affect their sexual orientation.

'Maternal memory'

Writing in the journal, Professor Bogaert said: "If rearing or social factors associated with older male siblings underlies the fraternal birth-order effect [the link between the number of older brothers and male homosexuality], then the number of non-biological older brothers should predict men's sexual orientation, but they do not.

"These results support a prenatal origin to sexual orientation development in men."

He suggests the effect is probably the result of a "maternal memory" in the womb for male births.

A woman's body may see a male foetus as "foreign", he says, prompting an immune reaction which may grow progressively stronger with each male child.

The antibodies created may affect the developing male brain.

In an accompanying article, scientists from Michigan State University said: "These data strengthen the notion that the common denominator between biological brothers, the mother, provides a prenatal environment that fosters homosexuality in her younger sons."

"But the question of mechanism remains."

Andy Forrest, a spokesman for gay rights group Stonewall, said: "Increasingly, credible evidence appears to indicate that being gay is genetically determined rather than being a so-called lifestyle choice.

"It adds further weight to the argument that lesbian and gay people should be treated equally in society and not discriminated against for something that's just as inherent as skin colour."

27th June 2006 12:17 PM
pdog Everyone spends their entire life in denial about sexuality, even the most open of people.
It's what makes us interesting and intriguing, w/o that, we'd be like every other animal on the planet.
27th June 2006 01:52 PM
rocker Far too complex of an issue to pin it only on genetics, or conscience chioce. Many, but not all, who research in this field are themsevles homosexual and sometimes let their bias get in the way. On the other hand, there are some who are homosexual and do research on the origins of homosexuality and they will tell you that they dont see conclusive evidence to support genetic determinism, and they would also acknowledge that choice and environment are factors that cant be ignored.

I would like to share a personal story im dealing with as a pastor (Please dont trash me for this because im a minister!).

heres the story:

Im dealing with a situation in the congregation where an elderly couple has recently signed up to be a "big brother" to a young 13 year old male. This young boy has never had a positive male role model in his life. The man who he thought was his biological father has turned out to not be his biological father (discovered through recent dna testing), and besides that the man has never taken an active role in the boy's life anyway. (Consequently the boy was just deemed a wardon of the stae and now will be eligible for adoption.) Also this young boy was sexually abused as a child by another male. This information was obtained from the local gov't agency that handles the foster parenting program. Most recently the boy was living in a foster home where he was living with two other boys, and the single mother who was raising them. In short, the boy had to leave this home because he was caught performing oral sex on the other two boys. It was also discovered that the 13 year old iniated this act. In other words, he was the perpetrator. Consequently, the boy was removed from the house, and this prompted the elderly couple to ingvestigate as to why the boy was moved because they were concerned about the boy needing stabilty, as opposed to the instabilty of being shuffled around from home to home. Upon their investigation they discovered the information that i just shared with you about the boys past. So then it made sense to the couple in my church as to why the boy was removed from the family.

Here are my thoughts:

(1) There is no way this boy wouldve done this unless he had some sort of homosexual attractions; if not he wouldve acted on young girls instead of boys.

(2) I think you would have to be stupid to think that environment in this case doesnt have something to do with his homoreotic feelings. Come on, he was molested by another man, has had no positive male role models, been shuffled from home to home, and has been raised primarily by single females. He also has a very strong proclivity to graviate toward female adult figure heads than he does males. In other words, he connects more with "grandma" as a parent than he does "grandpa," so to speak.

(3) Personally, what i think has happened is that he is developmentally retarded (excuse the political incorrectness) as it pertains developing in his masculinity, and he is seeking this mascuinity, which he did not and has not gotten in his life, through homosexuality. Of course he's not consciensly aware of this and he certainly didnt just wake up and say, "Hey i think i'll be homosexual. Rather it is a situation where certain things have happened in his life set all this stuff in motion.

(4) It is my belief that unless he gets some real life intervention he will likely continue in this homosexual trajectory. For some of you that may not be a bad thing, but my question to you is what is best for this kid? To affirm him in his homosexuality, or to deal with the very difficult issues and circumstances in his life that led him to this place? In choosing the latter choice i think it is possible for him to move away from homoseuxality, develop a postive masculinity, and an eventual attraction for females.

here some questions to the Stones community:

(1) In this situation where has the boy gone wrong? Was it just giving a blow job at too early of a young age?, or was it his acting out homosexually with all this baggage that he's carrying from his past (that surely has had some influence on what he has done)? In short, should we affirm his homosexual feelings and just tell him to restrain himself until he's a little older? Or should we help him work with some deeper issues that is probably driving his homosexuality?

(2) How many of you think this boy, in spite of what you now know about him, is homosexual because of genetic determinism?

(3) How many of you think that men and women are fundamentally different and that in order for children to develop wholely and healthy they need positive interation with both mom and dad? And that when this balance is tipped, or distorted, the potential for real problems begin to emerge. Or do you think there is no fundamental difference between the sexes and that it doesnt matter who raises the child?

(4) How many of you think that with the growing cultural acceptance of homseuxality (as a result of the sexual revolution) we have now created the kind of conditions where it is much easier for folks to "choose" being homoseuxal, heterosexual, or bi-sexual? My point is that if getting a good orgasm is all that matters (which is what the sexual revolution espouses) then does it not become much easier to experiment with all kinds and ways of sex? If this is the case is this really good for our culture? Certainly you would agree, objectively speaking, that some forms and practices of sex carry greater degrees of risks than others.

Final point, for every story you find like this you can find another to debunk it. It's just that usually they dont get printed. Wionder why? A few weeks ago there was an article that ran about a Sweedish study of how gay men and staright women repsond to the pheromones of other men. In short, the AP writer of the story said it was more evidnece that homosexualtiy was biological. Someone who was familiar with the story and its findings here in America contacted the researchers in Sweeden to show them how the article portrayed the findings, and the Sweedish researchers contacted the writer and told him that their study didnt not, in fact, prove gentetic determinsim. But how many folks do you think ever read the tiny retraction the writer later wrote?

Its too complex to paint this in an "either" "or" deal. I am certain that enviroment has alot to do with it in may cases. BTW did you know that Sonny Bono loved to dress Chastity in boys clothes?, throw the FB with her, and tell her how she was going to be the first female NFL QB? Did you know that Melissa Etheridge said that Brad Pitt was one dude who could mkae her change her mind about lesbianism? She wouldve never said that unless sexual attraction were in some cases mutiable. Stuff like this presents a real challenge to genetic determinism.

Rocker
27th June 2006 02:01 PM
rocker By "every story you find like this" i was referring to the story about homosexuality being determined in the womb.

What would happen if they found a "youngset sibling" who is heterosexual who had the same kind of chemicals in his mom's womb as the chemicals that were in the mothers' womb of another "youngest sibling" who was homosexual?
27th June 2006 02:06 PM
rocker "Everyone spends their entire life in denial about sexuality, even the most open of people. It's what makes us interesting and intriguing, w/o that, we'd be like every other animal on the planet."

Thats because human beings are moral creatures. We are different from animals. We dont always act on every urge. Did you know that some animals are cannibals? They eat each other, no "if, ands, or buts." Human beings are different. We dont act on all of our urges.

I would prefer that pedophiles, people who are sexually attracted to children,remaim "in denial about their sexuality," and not act on thier urges. Wouldnt you D-Dog?

Respectfully,

Rocker
27th June 2006 03:22 PM
Saint Sway wow! And I thought I had seen every thread drift imaginable!!

this is getting good....

P-Dog, dont leave the Minister waiting....

quote:
rocker wrote:
I would prefer that pedophiles, people who are sexually attracted to children,remaim "in denial about their sexuality," and not act on thier urges. Wouldnt you D-Dog?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)