ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A question for torrenters Return to archive
25th June 2006 12:42 PM
Coming Down Again Ok...a couple things...first, I just registered on Dime and have downloaded a bit of stuff. I'm using Utorrent. When I log in to time it tells me how much I have downloaded but not says that I have uploaded nothing. I don't want to be thought of as a leach. What's the story here?

Now my other problem. After I leave my computer unattended for a bit it powers down and my internet connection shuts off. It will then start up again when I touch the computer but this is no good for the downloading.
Please help!

Thanks in advance.
25th June 2006 02:49 PM
SweetVirginia
You should be able to change your computer's settings so
that it does not go to sleep.

You can check on DIME in the upper right corner to see
your share ratio, so see it by looking at your account.

26th June 2006 10:56 PM
Coming Down Again Ok...I need some advice regarding burning DVD's from stuff that I've downloaded torrent-style. How to convert from VOB, etc.
Is anyone out there willing to take me under there wing and answer a few questions?
I'd appreciate it muchly. I'm quick to catch on to this stuff. I just need a little push out of the nest.
Thanks!
27th June 2006 01:19 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Coming Down Again wrote:
Ok...I need some advice regarding burning DVD's from stuff that I've downloaded torrent-style. How to convert from VOB, etc.
Is anyone out there willing to take me under there wing and answer a few questions?
I'd appreciate it muchly. I'm quick to catch on to this stuff. I just need a little push out of the nest.
Thanks!

First you need a DVD-RW drive for your computer. Then you need some sort of DVD-burning software like Nero (my choice for ease of use) to encode the VOBs and burn them onto disc. DVDDecrypter is also a handy ripping/burning tool.
27th June 2006 01:25 AM
Altamont I agree, the version of Nero I have now, burns pretty much anything with no problem, be it almost any type of file or format. cdr or dvd.
27th June 2006 07:03 AM
SweetVirginia And did you notice that there is a help
section for torrents here on the site:

http://www.rocksoff.org/torrentinfo.htm

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)