ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will there be a new release come this fall?........from Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th June 2006 01:17 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Vaclev Havel will be furious!

Interesting how some venues are being dropped completely...I don't like it, but it makes sense as far as revenue is concerned!
27th June 2006 01:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
The live shows are still fun, albeit boring at times. They need to decide where they want to take this ....

seeing them on the Licks tour in a theatre playing a wide variety of their catalog was a great idea for a last hurrah. The Stones in the club back where they belong is how they should bow out.

thats the path they should take.

instead we'll get ABB/Steel Wheels Tour Pt III
27th June 2006 01:22 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

seeing them on the Licks tour in a theatre playing a wide variety of their catalog was a great idea for a last hurrah. The Stones in the club back where they belong is how they should bow out.

thats the path they should take.

instead we'll get ABB/Steel Wheels Tour Pt III

You are a gentlemen with outstanding character!!!
27th June 2006 01:23 PM
ListenToTheLion A small club tour and than say farewell. Would be a great way to end...
27th June 2006 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
A small club tour and than say farewell. Would be a great way to end...

It never ends pretty.....as the great Emerson stated:
Hitch your wagon to a star. Let us not fag in paltry works which serve our pot and bag alone. Let us not lie and steal. No god will help. We shall find all their teams going the other way: every god will leave us. Work rather for those interests which the divinities honor and promote, --justice, love, freedom, knowledge, utility. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Society and Solitude "Civilization"
27th June 2006 01:36 PM
Saint Sway they're was something perfectly cosmic about them returning to perform in small theatres and both paying omage to their heroes with a slew of covers and paying omage to their die-hard fans with a wonderful mix of overlooked/underplayed gems.

I would love to see them bow out this way. It would be very dignified way to say goodbye.

$500 - $850 tickets
27th June 2006 01:41 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they're was something perfectly cosmic about them returning to perform in small theatres and both paying omage to their heroes with a slew of covers and paying omage to their die-hard fans with a wonderful mix of overlooked/underplayed gems.

I would love to see them bow out this way. It would be very dignified way to say goodbye.

$500 - $850 tickets

The only problem is that Ronnie's lousy playing is more obvious on a small stage....
27th June 2006 01:41 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they're was something perfectly cosmic about them returning to perform in small theatres and both paying omage to their heroes with a slew of covers and paying omage to their die-hard fans with a wonderful mix of overlooked/underplayed gems.

$500 - $850 tickets

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets." - Dave Edison
27th June 2006 01:44 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets." - Dave Edison

Where did you buy that quotation dictionary?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)