ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy 4th of July
Ethan Russell
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: green 40 licks Return to archive
06-27-03 09:48 AM
egon what's the deal here?

i've just been to virgin and i saw the 40 licks cd
with a green tongue.

who can tell me what the deal is here?

the sticker said something like: the 2002/2003 tour, special limited edition, 40 licks, extra photos, just buy it although you already have it, collectors thingie.

but the songs are the same.

anyone?

06-27-03 11:12 AM
Soul Survivor Im not sure, but its just a way of the record company making more money. Now we have the original Forty Licks, the one with the Slipcase, the "box set" type one, and now one with a green tongue that has extra photos. Why would you buy it just because it has some extra photos. What, like maybe 4 more? Big deal,,,
06-27-03 11:25 AM
RubyFriday It�s an austrian special edition,sold with a block of stamps

06-28-03 11:29 PM
Kjell Being an old fart i hate this!!!!
In the old days you bought the LP, 1 or 2 singles with flip sides not on LP (not always) and maybe a 12" with some special mixes.
Now we got 40 Licks, 40 licks box, 40 Licks fuckn green and a chinese one being 36 licks.!!!! And all we get is the same thing!!!
Forgot this one:
ROLLING STONES Forty Licks [2003 Bonus Edition] (2003 US exclusive limited 3-CD set issued for sales promotion on 'Tax Day in the U.S [15th April] at select stores only - includes the 2-CD album plus bonus 'Forty Licks Promotional Interview CD' contains interview with the band talking about their and their musical influences [as heard on the Artist�s Choice CD], sealed with custom sticker to indicate this limited edition set!)
[Edited by Kjell]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003