ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy 4th of July
Ethan Russell
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wembley 82 Return to archive
06-26-03 03:07 PM
Stray Cat I've just realised.....today is the 21st.anniversary of my 1st.Stones gig at Wembley Stadium 26-6-82. I was only 16 and went with a older cousin.I still remember the surge to the stage when they came on...unbelievable !
I'm sure Ron and Keith a some sort of bust up over 'She's so Cold' going way wrong ?
I've never managed to get a recording of this gig.Does one exist ? Happy memories...roll on August
06-26-03 07:58 PM
Gazza the last 45 minutes of that show is available as a terrific pro-shot video

The story about Keith punching Ronnie in the face during "Shes so cold" appeared in a piece written by Keith wannabee Nick Kent and was rehashed in several other articles and books , including Stanley Bockris' Keith bio.

Its as legitimate a story as the mars bar incident and the crap that the Stones were playing "Sympathy" at Altamont when Meredith Hunter was stabbed. complete myth as borne out in this case by the video evidence (or lack of it)
06-27-03 06:29 AM
Zeeta Yeah I was reading in Bockris' book that Charlie once punched Mick J whilst recording Dirty Work!
Mick comes in pissed up, sees Charlie sleeping and goes "Is that my drummer? Wake up my drummer" Charlie awakes puts on his finest suit and tie, finds Mick and puches him right in the face and says "don't you ever call me 'your drummer' your my fucking singer",
Mick nearly falls out of the window into a canal in Amsterdam!! Apparently Charlie was drinking heavily at the time.

Is this story true?

Just how cool is Charlie?

Very
06-27-03 02:56 PM
Gazza the story is true, according to Keith anyway - but I think it was a bit before "Dirty work" - maybe around 1984 after a band meeting ("Dirty work" was recorded in Paris & New York in 1985 and the incident in question took place in Amsterdam)
06-28-03 07:11 AM
marko Yep,it was in 1984 Amsterdam,that was the stones meeting,
what to do in 1984 or 1985,year plans etc....they were about
to tour behind Undercover album,,,,but everyone was just
saying yes,,,but still no,and they never did that tour.I fact it was pretty damn close.Everyone was up to do it,maybe
they just tought,oh what the hell,maybe next year,,,next year took 5years.
06-28-03 11:29 PM
BILL PERKS I HAD A GREAT WORLD TOUR 1984 T SHIRT SOME MISCREANT PRINTED UP.I LOOKED PRETTY STUPID WHEN THEY DIDNT TOUR.
06-28-03 11:44 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the last 45 minutes of that show is available as a terrific pro-shot video

The story about Keith punching Ronnie in the face during "Shes so cold" appeared in a piece written by Keith wannabee Nick Kent and was rehashed in several other articles and books , including Stanley Bockris' Keith bio.

Its as legitimate a story as the mars bar incident and the crap that the Stones were playing "Sympathy" at Altamont when Meredith Hunter was stabbed. complete myth as borne out in this case by the video evidence (or lack of it)

That Nick Kent bastard has some other stupid storys too. In a magazine I was reading (forgot what its called) he said that on the '81/82 tour, Keith hijacked Mick's cherrypicker and performed a 20 minute guitar solo....

WTF
06-29-03 12:29 PM
marko Actaully that 81/82 story goes like this.That solo btw,never
happened.But when they started to talk about the tour,and Mick said what he wants to have this and that,and also Keith
said what he wanted.
Mick goes:i want big stadiums and a cherry picker
Keith:wanted thatres and drugs

mick mentioned,if keith would leave out drugs,he would leave
without cherry picker,and that was the end of the discussion!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003