ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy 4th of July
Ethan Russell
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Box Sets Return to archive
06-26-03 04:36 AM
beer I'm thinkin about buying a box set lately and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions? Alot of people have told me that the Nuggets Box set is absolutely incredible. It's a collection of obscure rock - n- roll stuff from the hey day, from Rhino Records
records.http://www.rhino.com/HotPress/75466pr.lasso

I really like The Sonics, so I guess most of it is in that same vein. Raw, guitar based rock.

I've also been listenin to Dylan alot lately, too. Plus, supposedly the Sex Pistols have a really great box set out now also. Any suggestions of good Box Sets would be appreciated, from punk to blues and anything in between. thanx.
06-26-03 07:18 AM
Soul Survivor "The Who: 30 Years Of Maximum R'N'B" has some good stuff on it. 4 discs.
06-26-03 11:07 AM
quackenbush The Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers box set is pretty good.
It has six cds and it costs about forty bucks, so you get a big bang for your buck.
06-26-03 11:31 AM
Lazy Bones I'm quite fond of The Allman Brothers 4-cd set - DREAMS.
06-26-03 05:10 PM
Kjell There are two Nuggets boxes
1. Us garagebands 1965 to 1968
2. Uk & rest of europe 1964 to 1969
Buy them mate they are awsome.
If you gonna buy one choose the Us, just great.
Besides early Stones stuff this is what you need.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003