ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy 4th of July
Ethan Russell
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nick Cave on Letterman NOW. Return to archive
06-26-03 12:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nick is up next...tune in and turn on.
06-26-03 06:34 PM
Martha LOL I was hoping you knew this was happening last night Stonesy. I thought of you right away when I heard Dave announce the evenings musical guest.

And ..........I got it on tape! Yes!

06-27-03 01:02 AM
Sir Stonesalot I taped it also...

He had that fuckstick Chris Bailey on with him again.

WTF?

Was it just me or did that guy just seem WAY out of place. His voice isn't a good contrast to Nick's.

He's even worse solo, if you can believe that.

Too bad for Nick. That is a good song...I don't know why he wanted to ruin it with that dude. Woulda been much better with just Nick singing.

He must be missing Blixa.

SIA...From Nick's mouth, "Blixa is gone. No, he isn't coming back."

The buzz at the show was that Blixa is going back(if he ever left) to Eizenstrude Neubauten(sp?). A new album is in the works, with touring to follow. You can go to their website and tell them how you think the new album should sound. I told them it should sound like cuttlefish digesting small crabs.
06-27-03 08:41 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

WTF?

thanks for the news re blixa - nothing is revealed - as you'd expect

why does nick champion bailey?? there's a very long answer to that but the shorter and better answer is listen to the saints "(i'm) stranded" either the 45 or the LP and you'll see where it's coming from

my guess is nick figures he's got nothing to lose...i mean, who the fuck is david letterman !!

so, if he's having fun with an old mate...well,why not??
06-27-03 09:02 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh.

OK.
06-27-03 09:51 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh.

OK.

come on SS, you must have more to say than that

i get a vicarious nationalistic kick out of the fact that you're into it and i'm sure you know who are the saints

i take it you KNOW "release the bats" - one of the great rock and roll records of all time - wouldn't you say??

but i take your point in that i can't see the point of nick carting bailey around like that - he'd just get in the way

06-27-03 10:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot No, I really don't have much to say about Chris Bailey.

If Nick likes having him around, well, so be it. But trust me, the guy ruined "Bring It On" IMO, and I'd rather he didn't do that anymore.

Bats are our friends.
06-27-03 12:14 PM
Martha Our attic is filled with live bats..they've always been nice to us. My cats love to watch them from the upstairs windows in the night. Yes, bats are good!
06-27-03 12:27 PM
Joey Hello Martha ..........................

Did you see Letterman last night ???????

He was literally on " fire " and at the top of his game .

Outstanding ! ! ! ! ................and very Funny

" Lunch with Gina is forever Ronnie "

Jacky

06-27-03 04:17 PM
Factory Girl Who is Chris Bailed? Post a pick, please!
06-28-03 12:22 AM
Sir Stonesalot No FG, I will not. I don't want to scare any children who might see it by mistake.
06-28-03 12:23 AM
Soul Survivor ha ha, come on. I wanna know too

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003