ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy 4th of July
Ethan Russell
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Toronto Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
06-23-03 05:25 PM
telecaster SS maybe that Italian chick you met 20yrs ago in your sleeping bad will be there. I am sure she looks just the same as she did then
06-23-03 05:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, right Tele.

Just like I look the same as I did back then.

Hey, she was good. If she's there, I suggest you give her a ride. It was pretty fun.
06-23-03 05:32 PM
Joey " SS maybe that Italian chick you met 20yrs ago in your sleeping bad will be there. I am sure she looks just the same as she did then .............."

Yeah , and the Nitney Lions are going to beat the crap out of Nebraska in football this September .

{ CA - RACK }

Triple Ronnie .

JJJJJJJ JA JJJJJJJ JAC JJJJJJJ JACK JJJJJJJ JACKY !

Jacky Jack !
06-23-03 05:36 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, right Tele.

Just like I look the same as I did back then.

Hey, she was good. If she's there, I suggest you give her a ride. It was pretty fun.

My fav-ex is Italian and was awesome. Isn't jb's current future ex Italian?

I hear Italian women keep the same exact proportions for decades and never end up looking like their mother.

I have been told fat girls are like mopeds, they are fun to ride until your friends catch you on one

06-23-03 08:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Yeah , and the Nitney Lions are going to beat the crap out of Nebraska in football this September <

Truer words have never been spoken. You are pretty smart for a Husker fan.

(CRAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!)

Steve Jones(not the Sex Pistol): Man oh man, that's the the 5th cracked Cornhusker helmut of the 1st quarter! This Penn State D is hitting as hard as I've ever seen them hit.

Jack Ham(Hall of Fame linebacker): I don't even remember Mean Joe or Lambert hitting that hard. Nebraska is gonna have to start playing walk ons if they cart any more players off of the field. This isn't football, so much as it's murder. These Huskers just simply have no chance of getting out alive. Penn State handed them a 33 point loss last year...but at this rate it could be a 66 point stomping if Joepa doesn't call off the hounds!
06-23-03 08:54 PM
parmeda You guys aren't bashin' Italian chicks, are ya?

Shall I jump in on this?
06-23-03 09:03 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
You guys aren't bashin' Italian chicks, are ya?

Shall I jump in on this?

Sophia Loren, that one Mick was boinking for a while (Carla?), my favorite ex, Sir Stones experience, jb's current, Marissa Tomei, the shrink on "Sopranos", etc.

We ain't bashin' Pam, we are endorsing
06-23-03 09:09 PM
parmeda Don't sell me out, babe!
06-23-03 09:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Shall I jump in on this?<

Oh baby...I thought you'd never ask!
06-23-03 09:47 PM
gypsy Eww! Tele, you don't want SS's hand-me-downs!
06-23-03 10:16 PM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Shall I jump in on this?<

Oh baby...I thought you'd never ask!

Well, where's your quarter?
Slide it in the slot and wait for your ride!

rotflmao...
06-23-03 10:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey babe...

My hand me downs are fine.

SS has taste. If she was good enough for SS, then she's good enough....probably too good...for the likes of this crowd.

And if I lived in Oklahoma, you'd be one of my hand me downs too.

Except I'd never hand down someone as fine as you. I'd hoard you all for myself. You are DEFINATELY too good for the likes of this bunch.

Besides, I'd be willing to bet that I'm the only one on this board that could keep you smiling. The others would die trying.
06-23-03 10:26 PM
gypsy Awww. You know I was only being mean out of jealousy, right, SS? I know I'm not Italian, but Yugoslavia was right above Italy. That oughta count for something.
06-23-03 10:55 PM
Gimme Shelter quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
gimme shelter - if I go, I will be coming from socal...

Right on, I'll be coming from Sacramento!!
06-23-03 11:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy honey...you know I speak the truth.

All your friends would be all like, "Hey girl, why are you so damn happy all the time? You've been smiling from ear to ear for weeks now...what's up?"

Then you could tell 'em that you got the SS bomb dropped all on your sexy ass.

Pammy...If I was gonna stick something in your slot...it wouldn't be no damn coin. You can bank that.

Don't worry Gypsy...there's enough of 'ol SS to go around.

Oh man, somebody stop me please! This 'ol boy is on Fi-ya!!!
06-23-03 11:59 PM
parmeda Stop YOU?

Hell no! This is gettin' good
06-24-03 12:40 AM
tumbling_dice Sir Stonesalot: What do you mean when you say that you have a bad feeling about this concert. Are you saying you think it will be another Altamont? All I was trying to say is that I want to see the Stones and I don't care what I have to go through to be there. This REALLY means a lot to me. I am grateful for your concern for all of us. Thanks for the warning. I took your post into consideration although I have decided to continue my plans for going.
06-24-03 12:49 AM
sirmoonie Stoney, did you ever hear Ham talk? It was the funniest thing, this killer linebacker and he had this lisp that made him sound like a 5 year old.

Dobre shunka.
06-24-03 09:14 AM
nankerphelge Don't worry TD -- we're gonna have a blast.

Yeah it's gonna be big and crowded and hot and sometimes ugly -- Stoney is right, you cannot put that many people together in one place, fucked up, in the sun, with lack of food, water and good hole to piss in, with all that different music and not have some ugly. Just be prepared for it! Like he said -- be smart and be safe -- damn good advice.

Having said that, on with the show!!!

06-24-03 09:45 AM
LadyJane It's official!!

Not nearly the big names we heard but here is the line-up

The Rolling Stones
AC/DC
The Guess Who
Justin (gag-me) Timberlake
Sam Roberts
The Flaming Lips
Kathleen Edwards
The Isley Brothers
Sass Jordan
La Chicane
and hosts Dan Ackroyd and Jim Belushi

For more info...www.iam.ca

LadyJ.
06-24-03 09:50 AM
nankerphelge Wow! AC/DC and the Stones with a full set!!

What Einstein let Timberlake in?
He'll get killed on stage!!

$16 -- that's what I paid in 1981!!!!

Thanks LJ!!
06-24-03 10:07 AM
jb That is about the lamest line-up I've ever seen....it's no wonder why the Stones are not considered "cool" anymore. The fact they would appear with Justin T. is as embarrassing as Aerosmith performing with Briteny and En Sync. Maybe Justin can do a duet with Mick during "Miss You" unless Keith cracks his skull open with his guitar(hopefully). My prediction is less than 300K will attend...Luckily AC/DC (who I never happened to like until this tour ) will attract a large legion of fans...
06-24-03 10:31 AM
steel driving hammer Free Toronto Stones Show a Go for July 30
Mon Jun 24, 9:47 AM ET

By Jason MacNeil

TORONTO - A massive free Rolling Stones concert has been scheduled for July 30 in Toronto.

Reuters Photo

The outdoor show is aimed at giving the city an economic boost in the wake of the SARS (news - web sites) (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) outbreak earlier in the year. Although the official announcement is expected Tuesday, a taped video message from the band due to be played during a press conference was shown to several local media outlets over the weekend.

"We're happy to tell you that we're coming to play on July 30 in a great concert for the people in the city of Toronto, to help bring back the energy to our favorite city," Stones frontman Mick Jagger says in the message taped at the site of the Stones' recent show in Munich.

The event will take place in the docklands area of the city, with the downtown skyline as a backdrop. It is estimated that 10 to 15 supporting acts will be announced.

The Stones show will be the second music event meant to repair the reputation of the Canadian city, which is reeling from the impact and stigma of SARS.

06-24-03 10:36 AM
parmeda AC/DC?

....and the plot thickens

(fuck!)
06-24-03 11:22 AM
sirmoonie Must go to Toronto.....
06-24-03 11:22 AM
polytoxic Bon Jovi & John Mellencamp (replacing Sheryl/Kid Rock) will be added soon, along with Rush most likely.

U2 still a possibility but less likely now as it seems the Stones have gone with AC/DC as their number two band.

I'm starting to pre-roll now. Can't be too prepared, you know.

06-24-03 11:32 AM
jb At $16.00 a head, I predict 241,500.
06-24-03 11:46 AM
Joey U2 ???????????????????????????

{{{{ U2 }}}}}} ?!?!?!?!?!

The plot thins .

Toronto is on my Short List though .

Then again , so is Denver in 2004 .

Developing .

Gimme a J ! J !
Gimme a O ! O !
Gimme a E ! E !
Gimme a Y ! Y !

What's that spell ? Joey !

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , Joey !

Kins !

06-24-03 11:48 AM
Jaxx i'll be jamming at red rocks to the sounds of neil young that evening. hope we ALL have a grand ole time! i'm thinking the security at that Toronto airfield will be better than the security at altamont....
06-24-03 11:50 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
i'll be jamming at red rocks to the sounds of neil young that evening. hope we ALL have a grand ole time! i'm thinking the security at that Toronto airfield will be better than the security at altamont....

You're going to enjoy it, Jaxx. Saw him last night in Toronto. Great show!

Btw, Josh, it was sold out!
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003