ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes marketing (funny) Return to archive
27th June 2007 05:09 PM
Saint Sway I just got a Crowes email blast for their new "Brothers of A Feather" CD pre-sale... their offering a discounted pack of rolling papers if you act now

^ how funny is that! ya just cant make this stuff up
27th June 2007 05:11 PM
pdog Does smoking weed make them sound better?
27th June 2007 05:15 PM
_Boomy_ I didn't even know they were releasing anything.

Is this a live show?
27th June 2007 05:16 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I didn't even know they were releasing anything.

Is this a live show?

CHRIS AND RICH ROBINSON OF THE BLACK CROWES TO RELEASE ‘BROTHERS OF A FEATHER’
ACOUSTIC CD JULY 10 AND CD/DVD PACKAGE SEPTEMBER 4;

TWO PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SONGS FEATURED;

In April 2006 during a break in THE BLACK CROWES’ touring schedule that ultimately encompassed 106 band shows, CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON performed a string of their first-ever full-length acoustic duo dates--in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Austin. Billed as “Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening with Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes,” the 12 concerts--all of which sold out in minutes--earned critical acclaim and were highlighted by three shows at The Roxy in Los Angeles. Those concerts were recorded and are now being officially released worldwide via Eagle Rock Entertainment in two configurations: BROTHERS OF A FEATHER will be available July 10 on CD with 14 tracks, while the CD/DVD package is due out September 4 and includes the live CD along with a 20-track DVD.

At these acoustic shows, Chris and Rich reached deep into their repertoire of Black Crowes favorites and also performed new songs (the previously unreleased “Magic Rooster Blues,” “Cold Boy Smile”) plus material from their respective solo albums (Chris’ “Someday Past The Sunset”; Rich’s “Forgiven Song” and “Leave It Alone”) and various covers. The mixes on the CD and DVD were done by Paul Stacey, who engineered with Kevin Harp.

These full-length acoustic shows gave Chris and Rich the opportunity, as singers and songwriters, to lend a new intimacy to their body of material as well as the cover songs that are an integral part of Black Crowes live performances.

Says CHRIS: “The joy of our Brothers shows is the feeling that we are playing for friends…a place to open up and share something different from the archetypical mother earth rock ‘n roll turn-on trip of The Black Crowes.”

Says RICH: “It’s great to present these songs the way Chris and I wrote most of them almost twenty years ago. To have our fans sitting in on such intimate musical moments was an honor.”

Writing in Daily Variety about a New York show, David Sprague noted: “The brothers meshed most intriguingly on the set’s passel of covers, which crossed genre lines with surprising grace, attesting to both their shared depth of historical knowledge and the fluidity with which they’re capable of shifting gears (4/18/06).” The shows were also embraced by a college publication like the Stony Brook Independent (emblematic of the band’s growing college audience): "’Brothers of a Feather’ is certainly a sight to behold and a sound to endear…if Friday's show is any indication, they will go down in rock and roll history as some of the greatest performances ever played (4/15/06).”

As the Black Crowes tour America this summer (see dates below), fans who attend concerts in August through October will be presented with a coupon enabling them to purchase a discount copy of just the Brothers Of A Feather DVD.

The Brothers Of A Feather CD track listing is as follows:

1. Horsehead (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

2. Cursed Diamond (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

3. Over The Hill (John Martyn)

4. Magic Rooster Blues (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

5. My Heart’s Killing Me (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

6. Forgiven Song (Rich Robinson)

7. Someday Past The Sunset (Chris Robinson)

8. Roll Um Easy (Little Feat)

9. Cold Boy Smile (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

10. Driving Wheel (Roosevelt Sykes)

11. Leave It Alone (Rich Robinson)

12. Polly (Dillard & Clark)

13. Darling Of The Underground Press (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

14. Thorn In My Pride (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

The DVD listing:

1. Horsehead (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

2. Cursed Diamond (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

3. Over The Hill (John Martyn)

4. Magic Rooster Blues (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

5. My Heart's Killing Me (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

6. Better When You're Not Alone (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

7. Forgiven Song (Rich Robinson)

8. Someday Past The Sunset (Chris Robinson)

9. Welcome To The Goodtimes (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

10. Roll Um Easy (Little Feat)

11. Soul Singing (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

12. Cold Boy Smile (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

13. Bring On Bring On (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

14. Driving Wheel (Roosevelt Sykes)

15. Leave It Alone (Rich Robinson)

16. Polly (Dillard & Clark)

17. Darling Of The Underground Press (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

18. Jealous Again (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

19. Forever Young (Bob Dylan)

20. Thorn In My Pride (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

27th June 2007 05:19 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Does smoking weed make them sound better?

No. Or maybe I would have liked them even less if I had abstained?
27th June 2007 05:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

No. Or maybe I would have liked them even less if I had abstained?

I highly doubt your abstinence is a free choice
27th June 2007 05:28 PM
pdog Why do they shun the younger brother?
Gwar Robinson is humiliated!
27th June 2007 05:29 PM
edithgrove Anyone still have the giant rolling paper that came in one of the Cheech & Chong albums from the '70s?
27th June 2007 05:32 PM
pdog
quote:
edithgrove wrote:
Anyone still have the giant rolling paper that came in one of the Cheech & Chong albums from the '70s?

Hell no, we smoked with it... didn't you?
27th June 2007 05:32 PM
fireontheplatter if they would have busted out more acoustic numbers from there 1st three efforts..i would be all over this cd. i am all about newer songs and stuff i have never heard...but dudes...give me an acoustic version of..my morning song, or sting me.

whats with this bring on bring on crap song....they've been smoking to much weed

everybody say ow

27th June 2007 05:34 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
edithgrove wrote:
Anyone still have the giant rolling paper that came in one of the Cheech & Chong albums from the '70s?

27th June 2007 05:36 PM
edithgrove
quote:
pdog wrote:

Hell no, we smoked with it... didn't you?

I was only about twelve back then. I thought it was toilet paper!
27th June 2007 05:40 PM
mojoman this thread is giving me the munchies
27th June 2007 05:40 PM
pdog
quote:
edithgrove wrote:

I was only about twelve back then. I thought it was toilet paper!

ann coulters books?
27th June 2007 05:45 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

ann coulters books?

ann is a huge paper consumer
27th June 2007 05:59 PM
Some Guy It's gonna be a big summer.
27th June 2007 06:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It's gonna be a big summer.

I'll see ya at the Crowes show in Central Park, T
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)