ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin To Reunite Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th June 2007 12:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 06/25/07
11:30:00, StarPulse.com
Led Zeppelin To Reunite

Rock legends Led Zeppelin will reportedly reunite for a one-off memorial concert in honor of their late record boss before embarking on a world tour. The Whole Lotta Love hitmakers have only performed a handful of concerts, including Live Aid in 1985, since their split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham.

But singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will re-group alongside Bonham's son Jason for a special concert in memory of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London.

A source says, "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date.

"And no-one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out.

"It has been hoped-for and denied for years. But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

Ertegun died in December after seven weeks in a coma following a fall at a Rolling Stones concert.
25th June 2007 12:57 PM
MrPleasant I'd rather see The Police.
25th June 2007 12:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I'd rather see The Police.

Maybe they'll open a couple shows.
25th June 2007 01:02 PM
pdog They are going to make so much money!
25th June 2007 01:02 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Maybe they'll open a couple shows.

Yeah, but I'll walk out after they leave the stage. Page is terrific (just somebody, please, steal his damn bow) but the vocalist fucking blows.

I'm kidding, in a way. I like Led. I'm, simply, not a fan.

[Edited by BONO]
25th June 2007 01:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Yeah, but I'll walk out after they leave the stage. Page is terrific (just somebody, please, steal his damn bow) but the vocalist fucking blows.

I'm kidding, in a way. I like Led. I'm, simply, not a fan.

[Edited by BONO]

If...and I say if ... this happens.
It will be big. The concert industry needs some hype. I hope it happens just for hypes sake. We can't live forever but we can push the envelope.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
25th June 2007 01:12 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

If...and I say if ... this happens.
It will be big. The concert industry needs some hype. I hope it happens just for hypes sake. We can't live forever but push the envelope.

Sadly (¡¡???), this will only happen for you, angloparlants. "Us", mexicans, shall be left with cancelled shows.

Have fun, though, if this reunion happens, and if you attend it. Cheers.
25th June 2007 01:15 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
They are going to make so much money!

JB will not be happy.........
25th June 2007 01:16 PM
nankerphelge The good news is that even Plant can't hit those cat-schreech notes that he did 30yrs ago.

Take that out of the mix, and I think it has all the makings of a great show.

Can you imagine what will crawl our of the woodwork for this???
25th June 2007 01:19 PM
gimmekeef I'm sure when Page/Plant see acts like The Police rake in the cash...the lure of putting up with each other for the kind of cash they could generate would be too much for any of us...If they can even get a marginally good sounding show together this will do huge numbers....Enough perhpas to keep our guys around for another run in 2008?....lol
25th June 2007 01:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Oh she's my baby, Let me tell you why
Hey, she drives me crazy, She's the apple of my eye
'Cause she is my girl, And she can never do wrong
If I dream too much at night, Somebody please bring me down

Hey, I love that little lady, I got to be her fool
Ain't no other like my baby, I can break the golden rule
'Cause I get down on my knees, Oh, I pray that love won't die
And if I always try to please, I don't know the reason why, yeah

If she would come back, Only stay with me

Every little bit of my love, etc., I give to you girl

I don't have to go by plane
I ain't gotta go by car
I don't care just where my darling is
People I just don't care how far
I'm gonna crawl
I don't care if I got to go back home
I don't care what I got to stand to her back
I'm gonna crawl
I'm gonna move the car, baby
She give me good lovin
Yes I love her, I guess I love her
I'm gonna crawl.
25th June 2007 01:33 PM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The good news is that even Plant can't hit those cat-schreech notes that he did 30yrs ago.

Take that out of the mix, and I think it has all the makings of a great show.

He couldn't hit them then either... I've heard alot of the boots, his voice was shot most of the time after 1973, mix in Pages heroin...
25th June 2007 01:50 PM
Starbuck This should keep teenage suburban white kids from TPing neighborhood houses for at least a week.
25th June 2007 01:54 PM
Saint Sway
25th June 2007 01:56 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:

He couldn't hit them then either... I've heard alot of the boots, his voice was shot most of the time after 1973, mix in Pages heroin...

Maybe we can offload Blondie and the gang on these guys?
25th June 2007 02:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Chris and Audley were lucky not to wind up in that Love Boat photo of yours, what with the white pants.
25th June 2007 02:52 PM
Saint Sway I'm sure we'll get the Love Boat photos on their next reunion tour 5 yrs from now
25th June 2007 02:56 PM
pdog Restless Posting Syndrome...

25th June 2007 03:00 PM
Lord (Hetero) Plant is more than okay by me. He has long abandoned that stupid squealing anyway. Plant's solo career speaks for itself. He has come out looking and sounding way better than Page. Who knew that Page would hit stagnation? He is still anchored in his long gone glory days; still hoping for new Hammer-riffs. But Plant didn't sit still and I have to say that w/o ever having been a major Zep fan I find his last couple solo albums some of the best stuff released. Especially "Mighty Rearranger"
[Edited by Lord (Hetero)]
25th June 2007 03:03 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
Plant is more than okay by me. He has long abandoned that stupid squealing anyway. Plant's solo career speaks for itself. He has come out looking and sounding way better than Page. Who knew that Page would hit stagnation? He is still anchored in his long gone glory days; still hoping for new Hammer-riffs. But Plant didn't sit still and I have to say that w/o ever having been a major Zep fan I find his last couple solo albums some of the bets stuff released.

I've read some nice things about "Fate Of Nations". Who knows? Maybe it is great.
25th June 2007 03:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
Plant's solo career speaks for itself.

and it says: "buy this soft drink"

quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
He has come out looking and sounding way better than Page.

lets hope Pagey looks better than this
25th June 2007 03:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

How were things left with the Crowes and Page? I seem to remember Chris saying Page eventually lost interest in even trying to learn Crowes songs. He seemed kind of bitter about it. Then Page's back acts up and tanks the remainder of the tour...
25th June 2007 03:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

How were things left with the Crowes and Page? I seem to remember Chris saying Page eventually lost interest in even trying to learn Crowes songs. He seemed kind of bitter about it. Then Page's back acts up and tanks the remainder of the tour...
25th June 2007 03:33 PM
guitarman53 Great, I'm a big fan, I saw them live in '74, if the Who can continue with just 2 original members, then I think they can with 3, this is great news, along with the Cream reunion.
25th June 2007 03:36 PM
gimmekeef Is Clapton looking to find Delaney & Bonnie?....what next?
25th June 2007 03:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Page never bothered to learn the Crowes songs. You can tell he was lost during them. But then again, there were nights where he was so messed that Rich would turn him down supposedly.

that "Live At The Greek" cd they put out was supposed to be the best performances culled from the 2 nights. But the 1st night Page had flew in from NY on a bender and was so messed that they couldnt use any of it and just released the 2nd night only.

I read in interview earlier this year - I think it was something to do with the British HOF - where Jimmy talked about how impressed he was with the Crowes and how proud he was with how the tour sounded.

It was just a short run. And actually, bc of the demand, wound up going on much longer than it was ever meant to. Still I wish the MSG date with The Who hadnt gotten scrapped bc of his back but I also know that Chris was really growing weary of singing Zep songs constantly.

I never listen to any Zep boots bc I hate Plants voice. But I love the Crowes/Page cd. Chris' voice is bloozier. Its more like if Terry Reid or Rod had fronted Zep.

25th June 2007 03:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Page never bothered to learn the Crowes songs.

That's funny!
25th June 2007 03:41 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Page never bothered to learn the Crowes songs. You can tell he was lost during them. But then again, there were nights where he was so messed that Rich would turn him down supposedly.

that "Live At The Greek" cd they put out was supposed to be the best performances culled from the 2 nights. But the 1st night Page had flew in from NY on a bender and was so messed that they couldnt use any of it and just released the 2nd night only.

I read in interview earlier this year - I think it was something to do with the British HOF - where Jimmy talked about how impressed he was with the Crowes and how proud he was with how the tour sounded.

It was just a short run. And actually, bc of the demand, wound up going on much longer than it was ever meant to. Still I wish the MSG date with The Who hadnt gotten scrapped bc of his back but I also know that Chris was really growing weary of singing Zep songs constantly.

I never listen to any Zep boots bc I hate Plants voice. But I love the Crowes/Page cd. Chris' voice is bloozier. Its more like if Terry Reid or Rod had fronted Zep.

I saw two shows that tour; they were tremendous. Page seemed on both nights, but I do recall him being a nonfactor during the few Crowes songs they attempted. "She Talks to Angels" sounded pretty good with Page on B-bender, though.

I had no idea Page was still so heavily on the sauce.
25th June 2007 03:46 PM
pdog Many people who get off heroin lean on booze... Sad thing too... Booze is much harder on the body, than dope.
25th June 2007 03:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I had no idea Page was still so heavily on the sauce.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)