ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith. Hyde Park Calling Festival. 24/06/07 Return to archive
25th June 2007 03:41 AM
Voodoo Scrounge So I will start with a confession. Curiosity got the better of me and I just had to go and check out Aerosmith. Hyde Park is a ten minute journey from my house and the tickets were a snip at £45.

The day didnt start off too well. To start with it was pissing down with rain. Secondly, I was very seriously hung over from a night of great company and bad wine!

I made my way up to Hyde Parkat about 2pm. Aerosmith were not due onstage until 8.45pm, but I thought to myself "Ive got nothing better to do and I may find an exciting new band to admire". And boy did I do that! I urge you all to check out a band called The Answer. They are old fashioned rockers from Belfast. The lead singer is a cross between Robert Plant and Bon Scott and their playing seriously blew me away! Their album is called "Rise".

So I had to tolerate a lot of shit to get to Aerosmith. As if the rain and the mud were not enough, I had to sit through Jet and Chris Cornel too! But finaly at 9pm Aerosmith took to the stage and that was when I started to enjoy myself.

They erupted onto the stage with Love in and Elevator and the crowd went mad. I was expecting Tylers voice to be croaky and I didnt think he would be able to hit the high notes so soon in the set but credit where credit is due, he nailed it.

They rolled straight into Same Old Song And Dance before pausing to take in the appreciation of the very wet crowd.

Hyde Park burst into song again with Cryin and this time it was Joe Perry who was on top form! His playing was imense. Cryin was follwed by Eat The Rich and then they rolled straight into I Dont Wanna Miss a Thing. I have to say that I was very moved by this song and again I was blown away by Steve Tylers delivery of the high notes.

Next on the list was Jaded, I thought that was a perfect time to go for a piss (as did many others). But I was very glad to return in time for Baby Please Dont Go. This time I was thrilled by Steve Tyler's harp playing. It was fantastic and he really did have the audience in the palm of his hand by now.

The set continued with Hangman Jury, Seasons of Wither and then the almighty Living on the Edge. Joe Perry and Hamilton again showing just how great a duo they are. Hitting every chord and looking absoluting brilliant doing it too!

Stop Messin Around preceeded Dream On, the highlight of the show. The playing was perfect, the vocals were perfect, the rain had stopped and it was just brilliant.

Draw the Line and Sweet Emotion concluded the set before the lads took to the stage again to perform Walk this Way. They were joined onstage by none other than DMC and they rocked the place again!

I went to this gig for a couple of reasons. I didnt want to have Aerosmith playing practically in my back yard and not go and witness it. I am not a huge fan, but I believe that evry band deserves a chance before you say "they are shit" or "I dont like them", so I gave them that chance.

Im so glad I went. I have to say to all the people who think that Aerosmith are a 'cheap stone imitation', You are wrong. They sound great and they play great and that is a lot more than I can say for the stones over the past year or two and I know thats just a matter of opinion.

Joe Perry is one of the best guitarists I have ever seen. I was in awe of some of his playing. Watching that guy last night made me realise what a bum deal we are getting when we fork out hundreds of pounds to go and see Keith and Ronnie hardly touch their guitars.

I had a great day. I got very wet, but I found a new band to dig in The Answer and I REALLY enjoyed Aerosmith. And guess what? I still had change from a £50 note!
25th June 2007 05:30 AM
lotsajizz They've been a far better rockin' time for one's money than the Stones for quite some time now! I'm glad you had fun.
25th June 2007 07:53 AM
corgi37 I love Hangman Jury!
25th June 2007 10:27 AM
mrhipfl I saw Aerosmith a couple of months ago and they were incredible. The Answer's a good band the the singer can get annoying imo. I like under the sky and come follow me the most.
25th June 2007 11:08 AM
glencar You had to "wait through" Chris Cornell to get to Aerosmith? Interesting...
25th June 2007 01:03 PM
Madafaka I saw Aerosmith at Buenos Aires two months ago and it was a great concert. Thy're in good shape!
25th June 2007 07:16 PM
fireontheplatter if you enjoyed 'the smith' you should check out another of americas finest...SKNYRD dude...and don't forget your lighter.

i have seen the demon of screamin 3 times now...always a good time.

great review....open mindedness is a good thing.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)