ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Releases for 6/26/07 Return to archive
24th June 2007 11:45 AM
_Boomy_ http://www.pauseandplay.com/cdfront.htm

Some notable releases ("Album Title" - Artist)

"Easy Tiger" - Ryan Adams
"The Mix Up" (All Instrumental) - Beastie Boys
"Frank Black 93-03" - Frank Black
"Three from the Vault" (Feb 9, 1971 concert) - Grateful Dead
"Live at the Gorge 05/06" (7 Disc Set!) - Pearl Jam
"Greatest Hits" - Social Distortion
24th June 2007 12:15 PM
Dan Also out in the last week or so -

Tomahawk "Anonymous"

You can hear it here

http://www.myspace.com/tomahawkofficial

and

The Hangmen "In The City"

www.myspace.com/theehangmen

24th June 2007 02:05 PM
pdog Bad Brains!!!
How could you miss that?
24th June 2007 02:50 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
Bad Brains!!!
How could you miss that?

Yo dog I'm going to catch the Bad Brain tonight! They are playing a festival in Asbury Park and I got my press credentials about an hour ago. Last time I saw them was in Daytona Beach in 1987 or '88. HR is back in the band so I expect maddness to reign the night. In Daytona he jumped off the stage and was jumping up and down on a bench between me and a buddy of mine. After about two minutes of pogoing up and down the bench snapped and all three of us ended up on our asses! HR reached jumped up and reached down to get my drunken ass of the floor! We were all three just laughing our asses off. Great show. In fact a couple of the songs from that Daytona show are on YouTube.

Riffy
24th June 2007 03:04 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yo dog I'm going to catch the Bad Brain tonight! They are playing a festival in Asbury Park and I got my press credentials about an hour ago. Last time I saw them was in Daytona Beach in 1987 or '88. HR is back in the band so I expect maddness to reign the night. In Daytona he jumped off the stage and was jumping up and down on a bench between me and a buddy of mine. After about two minutes of pogoing up and down the bench snapped and all three of us ended up on our asses! HR reached jumped up and reached down to get my drunken ass of the floor! We were all three just laughing our asses off. Great show. In fact a couple of the songs from that Daytona show are on YouTube.

Riffy

I saw they were playing some show around NYC... They are so intense. i hope they get along and tour, w/o killing each other... Adam Yauch (beastie Boys) produced the new album, and has been a huge supporter. He was able, in the past, to keep them together and mediate the peace... They have to be, one of the greatest bands nobody knows about, from the old days of punk rock...
Have fun...
24th June 2007 03:48 PM
Riffhard Thanks pdog. It should be a great time. Plus it's walking distance from my house which is always a good thing. The fact that HR is not institutionalized is a minor miracle! The guy is so insane. I agree that they are a great band that only the coolest amoung us know about.

My girlfriend and I were laying on the beach yesterday and the subject of the Bad Brains came up. We had been talking about going to see some shows this summer. She had mentioned how much she dug them at The Fastlane(an Asbury Park club),and I told her about my Daytona experience and a time or two that I had caught them in Atlanta back in the early 80's. So we leave the beach and walk into Asbury Park because we heard some music as we lay on the beach. Lo and motherfucking behold we stumble into this School Of Rock festival! I peruse the program and read the Brains are playing tomarrow(being today!). It's their only appearence anywhere anytime soon! Ya talk about serendipity!! Very strange! I aranged to get us some press credentials and viola were in. I'll raise a drink to you tonight my friend! That I promise!! Yes I will!

Riffy
25th June 2007 03:08 AM
pdog Riffy, give me as much 411 as you can post show...
25th June 2007 03:16 AM
Altamont And they covered "She's a Rainbow" on an old live release called "The Youth Are Getting Restless". Bad Brains have ruled forever.

25th June 2007 08:23 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
Riffy, give me as much 411 as you can post show...

Did you guys see the documentary "American Hardcore"? Good stuff overall, Bad Brains in particular.
25th June 2007 11:46 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Bad Brains!!!
How could you miss that?

p,

are you sitting down?

Ok. good...

Bad Brains are playing a "Boat Cruise" in NY this week.

Yes. A boat cruise.

they used to own here.... Now they're gigging on the Circle Line.

times have changed.
25th June 2007 11:59 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

p,

are you sitting down?

Ok. good...

Yes. A boat cruise.

times have changed.

We still claim Bad Brains down here in D.C. Maybe they'll do one of those Potomac cruises.
25th June 2007 12:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

p,

are you sitting down?

Ok. good...

Yes. A boat cruise.

times have changed.

They're dong a private party on a booze cruise.... and?

It is sold out too!

25th June 2007 12:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

They're dong a private party on a booze cruise.... and?

It is sold out too!

dude...

http://rocksoff.com/concertcruise.html

25th June 2007 01:00 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

dude...

http://rocksoff.com/concertcruise.html

Why do you have a problem with this? You can make fun of Gwar, but if you don't like Bad Brains, or think that them getting it together is fucking awesome... You won't roach my buzz!!!
25th June 2007 01:32 PM
Saint Sway Brains are legends - they're live performances are untouchable

I'm just sayin...

25th June 2007 01:38 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Brains are legends - they're live performances are untouchable

I'm just sayin...

looks like a captain and tennille crowd especially the barefoot sailor....SUPER
25th June 2007 01:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Brains are legends - they're live performances are untouchable

I'm just sayin...

I'm glad you found a photo of some yuppies on a boat... You have no idea how sick this show will be... The boat for the cruise has a really good hall inside. I'm not sure how great the sound is, but it looks killer...
Try as as much as yuo like, you can't humiliate Bad Brains...
25th June 2007 01:48 PM
Dan I just got the new Jesus Lizard DVD today and the new Hangmen EP on Saturday.
[Edited by Dan]
26th June 2007 09:11 PM
Riffhard Pdog went to the Brain's show night before last. They were great with one exception.......HR! He was just not into it. He just stood there all night bowing after every song in what seemed to be a condesending manner. He never once went nuts,as he was wont to do the last time I saw them. Dr. Know played his ass off though,and the crowd semed to be digging it. I was a bit stunned at HR's indifference towards the crowd,but the guy is a tad bit insane,so...

A rather short set too. Overall a good show,and while HR was not nearly as animated as years past,he did sound good. I do believe that the band was a bit mystified at HR's antics(or lack there of). I saw Dr. Know give him a few strange/dirty looks.

I had a blast though considering that I got in for free and was within walking distance of home after the show.

Riffy
26th June 2007 09:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Pdog went to the Brain's show night before last. They were great with one exception.......HR! He was just not into it. He just stood there all night bowing after every song in what seemed to be a condesending manner. He never once went nuts,as he was wont to do the last time I saw them. Dr. Know played his ass off though,and the crowd semed to be digging it. I was a bit stunned at HR's indifference towards the crowd,but the guy is a tad bit insane,so...

A rather short set too. Overall a good show,and while HR was not nearly as animated as years past,he did sound good. I do believe that the band was a bit mystified at HR's antics(or lack there of). I saw Dr. Know give him a few strange/dirty looks.

I had a blast though considering that I got in for free and was within walking distance of home after the show.

Riffy

Did you grab the new CD? I hope they tour... They have to, right?
26th June 2007 09:43 PM
Riffhard Did not grab the disk,however,I plan on picking it up. They did a couple of tunes from it and it sounded pretty good. As for the tour? My bet is that if the band can keep from killing each other they should tour behind the new disk. It only makes sense from a bussiness standpoint. HR is such a volatile SOB though that any tour could be canceled on a moment's notice!

Riffy
27th June 2007 01:40 AM
Zack
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Pdog went to the Brain's show night before last. They were great with one exception.......HR! He was just not into it. He just stood there all night bowing after every song in what seemed to be a condesending manner. He never once went nuts,as he was wont to do the last time I saw them. Dr. Know played his ass off though,and the crowd semed to be digging it. I was a bit stunned at HR's indifference towards the crowd,but the guy is a tad bit insane,so...

Riffy

Dudes are old!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)