ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giambi to talk about roids Return to archive
22nd June 2007 04:28 PM
Saint Sway he's agreed to meet with Mitchell. Not sure what the terms or are what he'll wind up saying. But it seems like Giambi is the one guy thats been remotely honest about owning up to steroid use. I'll give him credit for at least having the stomach to face Mitchell. The other guys.... pffftt

• McGwire - "I'm not hear talk about the past"... ummm, actually you are. Thats the point of this hearing pal. They let him slide. Suckers.

• Sosa - "No habla english"... really? Dude, we've seen you interviewed on SportsCenter every night. How'd you forget the language so quickly... err... conveniently

• Palmiero - "I did not do steroids!" uhh, yeah, whatever.... He sure sold it pretty well. Then he had to piss in a cup. Ooops.

• Bonds - "I thought it was a tanning creme".... "hey, my heads always been this gargantuan"
22nd June 2007 04:31 PM
pdog Giambi's tumor and fear of dying, got him to step up and be honest...

It is sad too, because guys like Sosa, Bonds and Mac all had skills, and probably would've done good regardless....

Put a gun to their heads, and the rest would snitch....
22nd June 2007 04:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

seems like it didnt take much for Selig to pressure Giambi into meeting with Mitchell - just a sorta confession to having done "that stuff"

you'd think Bonds' Balco testimony would be enough for Selig to pressure Bonds with the same.

though I'm certain Bonds would never agree to meet with Mitchell. I think he's going to go down saying he didnt do roids till hes blue in the face. Literally.

the way I look at Giambi is he's basically admitted between the lines that he did it. Without any forced coersion to do so. Says he regrets it. I know hes suffered some bad side effects from it. Maybe we need more players to come out and say I did it, it was wrong, I'm sorry. Thing is, the ones that do, I think we should give em a pass. If you start punishing the guys that willingly own up to it then no one else is going to come forth.

the lines the other guys I mention earlier came up with are a joke. Its laughable.

at least Giambi is being honest about it - or as honest as he legally can
[Edited by Saint Sway]
22nd June 2007 04:42 PM
pdog It was his tumor and fear of dying, that got him to realize what is important...
Put a near death fear into people, and you get honsety, most of the time...
22nd June 2007 04:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
It was his tumor and fear of dying, that got him to realize what is important...
Put a near death fear into people, and you get honsety, most of the time...

McGwire's steroid use led to roid rages, which led to spousal abuse, which led to a bitter divorce. I also hear hes half a cripple these days and limps around.

Caminetti took a dirt nap.

neither of those guys ever talked about the dangers of it. Even when they were out of the game.

another thing that I dont understand, why didnt they bring Canseco in for the congressional hearing? Seems like that guy is more than willing to spill the beans on everyone.

which reminds me... Schilling is asshole. Remember how he sat there and condemned Canseco's book as being a huge lie. Nigga pleaze
22nd June 2007 05:07 PM
Saint Sway I like what Giambi is saying:

"A direct conversation the commissioner impressed upon me the idea that the game of baseball would be best served by such a meeting," Giambi said. "I will continue to do what I think is right and be candid about my past history regarding steroids."

"I alone am responsible for my actions and I apologize to the commissioner, the owners and the players for any suggestion that they were responsible for my behavior."

"I will address my own personal history regarding steroids. I will not discuss in any fashion any other individual."

"My hope is that this meeting will serve as a positive step, as all parties involved seek the best approach in dealing with the issue of "drugs in sport." That has always been the intent behind all of the comments I have made on the subject and it remains so to this day."

-----

IMO, I think its time for others to step up and do the same
22nd June 2007 05:12 PM
gypsy I'm almost 100% certain that our very own FijiJoe is on steroids.
22nd June 2007 05:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm almost 100% certain that our very own FijiJoe is on steroids.

My only regret is that my limited financial means did not allow us a chance to be friends...I can offer my help to you in a variety of ways. But sadly, I cannot offer money...I guess this is goodbye

But I left this behind the trailer...keep it

22nd June 2007 05:36 PM
lotsajizz yup....'roids....
22nd June 2007 05:42 PM
pdog i sincerely hope that people taking drugs read my posts, and i also hope that the drugs make my posts better, because they really suck sober!
22nd June 2007 05:46 PM
Cookies
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

My only regret is that my limited financial means did not allow us a chance to be friends...I can offer my help to you in a variety of ways. But sadly, I cannot offer money...I guess this is goodbye

But I left this behind the trailer...keep it

Got no money, Fijibelle?

Don't worry baby - I'm gonna fuck you for free.

You should take care, Fartzy. I never use lube.
22nd June 2007 05:50 PM
Saint Sway do any of these guys look familiar?

22nd June 2007 05:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yup....'roids....

And this one...this one makes me smile...cause every neighborhood needs a mouthy little retard to smack around...y'all know the type...the kind that can't string two sentences together and smells of oatmeal and latex... often found out behind the 7-11 dry-humping empty 2 liters of Dr. Pepper...that would be you Ya Ya...you're our own little mouthy retard...peddling that red bike from bus stop to bus stop...little propeller on your head just a spinnin' in the wind...searchin' for matchsticks and discarded condoms...someday you're gonna finish that rocket ship...and when they tell you the people on Mars are even more retarded than you...don't go doubtin' it...just keep stringing them rubbers together...and dream you can fly...even retards need a king...but alas, complete your tasks by sundown...Ma has made your favorite...Pimento cheese sammys and that red jello with them tiny little marshmallows in it...and if you ain't there when it's served, you stand a good chance of having to watch your fat sister Karen wolf it down as thirds...and you'll go to bed hungry...with only the dreams of spaceflight and harems of cross-eyed, bowlegged servants to comfort you through the night

Ya Ya
22nd June 2007 06:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yup....'roids....

It can't just be his abnormally small penis that makes him so angry. Or the fact that he will never truly take tele's place in maxlugar's heart. Gots to be 'roids.
22nd June 2007 06:10 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

And this one...this one makes me smile...cause every neighborhood needs a mouthy little retard to smack around...y'all know the type...the kind that can't string two sentences together and smells of oatmeal and latex... often found out behind the 7-11 dry-humping empty 2 liters of Dr. Pepper...that would be you Ya Ya...you're our own little mouthy retard...peddling that red bike from bus stop to bus stop...little propeller on your head just a spinnin' in the wind...searchin' for matchsticks and discarded condoms...someday you're gonna finish that rocket ship...and when they tell you the people on Mars are even more retarded than you...don't go doubtin' it...just keep stringing them rubbers together...and dream you can fly...even retards need a king...but alas, complete your tasks by sundown...Ma has made your favorite...Pimento cheese sammys and that red jello with them tiny little marshmallows in it...and if you ain't there when it's served, you stand a good chance of having to watch your fat sister Karen wolf it down as thirds...and you'll go to bed hungry...with only the dreams of spaceflight and harems of cross-eyed, bowlegged servants to comfort you through the night

Ya Ya

Quit boring us with tales of your childhood. Besides, isn't it about time you and your motley crew of assorted nerds assembled for "couchie chat?"
22nd June 2007 07:54 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
peddling that red bike from bus stop to bus stop

So, is he riding the bike (pedaling) or selling it (peddling)? Just wondering.
22nd June 2007 10:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

So, is he riding the bike (pedaling) or selling it (peddling)? Just wondering.

You are Harvard educated...the words were chosen carefully...Bus stop to Bus stop...think about it...and remember the old adage..."never buy a bike from a retard...cause you'll just end up giving him a ride home"
22nd June 2007 10:58 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Giambi's tumor and fear of dying, got him to step up and be honest...

It is sad too, because guys like Sosa, Bonds and Mac all had skills, and probably would've done good regardless....

But they wouldn't ahve been THAT good! I think the amazing feat of beating Maris's record by 9 or more is worthless at this point. That deserves a HUGE asterisk!!!!
22nd June 2007 11:10 PM
mojoman hemorrhoids?
22nd June 2007 11:12 PM
mojoman giambi on giambi

this is your penis on steroids..........
23rd June 2007 10:54 AM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You are Harvard educated...the words were chosen carefully...Bus stop to Bus stop...think about it...and remember the old adage..."never buy a bike from a retard...cause you'll just end up giving him a ride home"

You're always in my prayers, Feej.
25th June 2007 09:10 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Chosen carefully but spelled sloppily? You see, I was thinking about it. That's why I was perplexed by the fact that the context said "riding" but the spelling said "selling." This seemed particularly ironic given that the point of the post appeared to be an attempt to slam another poster's intelligence. Or does irony continue to be lost on the reactionary mind?
25th June 2007 10:14 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Chosen carefully but spelled sloppily? You see, I was thinking about it. That's why I was perplexed by the fact that the context said "riding" but the spelling said "selling." This seemed particularly ironic given that the point of the post appeared to be an attempt to slam another poster's intelligence. Or does irony continue to be lost on the reactionary mind?

It is what it is...great literature for stuffy types to over analyze...and critique...levels...of which you are not on

And of note...The word was "peddling"...not "sellng"...but I want go into the irony of a man attempting to slam another poster's intelligence by calling him out for slamming another poster's intelligence making such a mistake...we'll leave that to the reactionary minds
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)