ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) Reminder - Gig Of The Century In LA this weekend Return to archive
22nd June 2007 02:05 PM
Dan
22nd June 2007 02:09 PM
monkey_man Oh I thought you meant this:

http://www.thompsonhotels.com/prince
22nd June 2007 02:13 PM
Dan I could also mean The Humpers/Pat Todd & The Rank Outsiders/Harbourtown Saints at Alex's Bar in Long Beach tonight but it's not quite the stellar lineup as tomorrow.
22nd June 2007 03:08 PM
pdog any show with Throw Rag is going to be good!
22nd June 2007 03:20 PM
Saint Sway here ya go Dan... help is on the way...
http://www.thelocal.se/7650/
22nd June 2007 03:22 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
here ya go Dan... help is on the way...

I saw that and I am calculating how to use it to my advantage here in the U.S. You should have seen the kind of shape I turned up to work after a Humpers gig in the 90's. Things were never quite the same once they packed it in.
22nd June 2007 03:27 PM
Joey

W- W- What ?!

www.thepolicetour.com

22nd June 2007 03:31 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

W- W- What ?!

www.thepolicetour.com

It takes more than one band - any band - on the bill to be the gig of the century. And the Police were good - for $22.50
22nd June 2007 03:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

It takes more than one band - any band - on the bill to be the gig of the century. And the Police were good - for $22.50

Funny !!!

You are ................. POSTIN'
22nd June 2007 03:41 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
here ya go Dan... help is on the way...

damn!!! i'm thinking about moving to sweden
22nd June 2007 04:23 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

mojoman ..............................

One day you will call HIM Master ! :
24th June 2007 12:09 PM
Dan I have recieved numerous PM's asking about the evening and though I am still a bit spun and trying to recover, I will do my best to come up with a few comments:

Pat Todd & The Rank Outsiders (Former Lazy Cowgirls frontman). Real fast 30 min set. The night before he played several more songs and an acoustic guitar but tonight he just sang. Killer start to the evening and it only got better.

The Hangmen - They were so totally on. The place was packed by the time they went on and Brian seemed totally surprised by the crowd response. It was mostly real fast stuff but they slowed down a bit for the haunting "Bent." They ended with "Blood Red." Probably my favorite band of the night. I hope to see them again. Unfortunately they are one of those bands I have seen a lot of times, they are great every time then afterward I pretty much forget they exist. Picked up the new CD (produced by Mike Ness) and will try to pop it in today. They are going on tour with Social Distortion soon.

Throw Rag - Lost a guitar player and a washboard player since the last time I saw them so they are now a 4 piece. I miss the 2nd guitar player more than the washboard player. Great set, Sean said he likes to run around the house in his coonskin hat because it makes him feel like Brett Michaels (Poison singer). Great set anyway, I will try not to wait another 3 years to see them again, especially since they are one of my all-time favorite live bands. First CD "Tee Tot" should be considered a classic by now.

You can see footage of The Hangmen and Throw Rag in the DVD "Badsville" which I am sure at least some of the people here have.

The Humpers - after the first 3 bands they were somewhat anticlimatic, especially since Scott apparently blew his voice out the night before. Oops. The sound was better tonight but Friday in front of the home town crowd in Long Beach was a much better overall show. Tonight the stage was high and well lit and Scott only fell off twice. Unfortunately other than the addition of "This Measly Dimension" it was the same set both nights. Saw the printed setlist with "Plastique Valentine" and "Freak Magnet" going unplayed. Damn. "Psycho Repairman" off the classic "Positively Sick On 4th Street" was a surprise, never saw them do that in it's entirety before. Nothing at all off their final ill-fated disc unfortunately. It was great seeing so many people I haven't seen in years but also a little bittersweet since I get the feeling I probably wont see The Humpers again. This was #48 & 49 I think.
25th June 2007 03:10 PM
gimmekeef Imagine the agony of trying to forge ahead after losing a "washboard" player....Sounds like a good show though
25th June 2007 03:13 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
mojoman wrote:

LOL!
25th June 2007 03:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Imagine the agony of trying to forge ahead after losing a "washboard" player....Sounds like a good show though

LOL!!!!

quote:
Dan wrote:
The Humpers - after the first 3 bands they were somewhat anticlimatic

kinda ironic, eh?

great reviews Dan. Was also pleased to hear that you and your "date" were able to catch the late bus home

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th June 2007 03:28 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Imagine the agony of trying to forge ahead after losing a "washboard" player....Sounds like a good show though

Is this the Zep thread?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)