ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Can't Gitmo (No No No Stones Content) Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd June 2007 01:56 AM
Brainbell Jangler http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070622/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_guantanamo
22nd June 2007 07:12 AM
nankerphelge A real tragedy.

It is gonna be damn near impossible for us to keep an eye on all these idiots in secret CIA prisons.

22nd June 2007 07:22 AM
egon finally!
22nd June 2007 07:33 AM
nankerphelge Egon - nice job with the slide show.

You guys look like you had a great time.

I am jealous as hell!!!

Coming back to the US for the fall tour, I hope?!
22nd June 2007 07:54 AM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Coming back to the US for the fall tour, I hope?!

oh god...

today i bought ticket for 29 august.
sort of "last minute" decision, since i was
only gonna go to Lyon.

so you know... let's see what the fall brings
22nd June 2007 07:59 AM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:

oh god...

today i bought ticket for 29 august.
sort of "last minute" decision, since i was
only gonna go to Lyon.

Now YOU are going to London as well???
I am so damned jealous.

Well...If I can help with receiving and posting footage of this monumental Summit, let me know!

LJ.
22nd June 2007 08:22 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I am so damned jealous.

Well...If I can help with receiving and posting footage of this monumental Summit, let me know!

LJ.

yes, LJ, I will have his ass right in front of me at the last show. Unless, of course, up front sections become available....

22nd June 2007 08:23 AM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

yes, LJ, I will have his ass right in front of me at the last show. Unless, of course, up front sections become available....

Oh rub it in, Hootchie!!!!

LJ.
22nd June 2007 10:08 AM
glencar 29 Aug? I thought it all ended on 25 Aug???
22nd June 2007 10:30 AM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
29 Aug? I thought it all ended on 25 Aug???

sorry; sunday 26th
22nd June 2007 10:31 AM
glencar I wish I could be there but alas, I must work. I doubt they're coming back to the US this fall.
22nd June 2007 10:58 AM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wish I could be there but alas, I must work. I doubt they're coming back to the US this fall.

so it's simple: You MUST come. the end could be near...
22nd June 2007 11:07 AM
glencar Well, I'll be at Slane the week before. It is a Saturday, you know...
22nd June 2007 08:02 PM
Brainbell Jangler
22nd June 2007 10:50 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oops sorry..guess this was one of those political threads.
22nd June 2007 10:51 PM
glencar The tour talk was MUCH more interesting...
23rd June 2007 10:00 AM
nankerphelge The only people that think Gitmo is a disgrace are those that want to give the terrorists "rights" under our Constitution. These people are unlawful enemy combatants. We didn't round up a bunch of people and put them there -- these are people that have been conspiring against this country.

We owe them nothing.

If we bring them to this country, the US courts get jurisdiction and they get rights. Why should we do that?

They were caught by the military, they are not covered by the Geneva convention because they are unlawful combatants (meaning they didn't play by international rules that would have afforded them rights under that convention).

They want to hide and work from the shadows, then they get EXACTLY what they ask for. A prison where they can hide for the rest of their lives.

Only the loonie lefties find this problematic.
23rd June 2007 10:14 AM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

And me my friend!
23rd June 2007 11:04 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The only people that think Gitmo is a disgrace are those that want to give the terrorists "rights" under our Constitution. These people are unlawful enemy combatants. We didn't round up a bunch of people and put them there -- these are people that have been conspiring against this country.

We owe them nothing.

If we bring them to this country, the US courts get jurisdiction and they get rights. Why should we do that?

They were caught by the military, they are not covered by the Geneva convention because they are unlawful combatants (meaning they didn't play by international rules that would have afforded them rights under that convention).

They want to hide and work from the shadows, then they get EXACTLY what they ask for. A prison where they can hide for the rest of their lives.

Or the rest of the world...Name them...bring charges..Have a trial.sentence them or let them go.Based on some of the activities Bush/Cheney have done they outta be there with them...
23rd June 2007 12:12 PM
LadyJane The "righteous right" and their disregard for the Constitution of the United States is growing quite tiresome for the majority of the American people.

I guess that's makes most of us "leftist loonies".

Cause as we all know, you are either with THEM or labeled.

LJ.
23rd June 2007 12:17 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I am so damned jealous.

LJ.

I would like to make a statement: me is NOT going to London.
25th June 2007 11:01 AM
nankerphelge Who says they need to be charged?

They are not US citizens or even in the US where US Constitutional rights would apply.

Nor are they "lawful enemy combatants" entitling them to the protections of the Geneva Convention.

They are unlawful enemy combatants caught on the battlefield. They are essentially prisoners of war and we do not have to charge them with a damn thing.

They can sit there until they die and then Allah can try them!

Unless there is no Allah, and then won't they feel sheepish!
25th June 2007 11:05 AM
glencar I think only idiots think Gitmo is a bad thing. It's time for Americans to unite as one in this WOT. You're either one of us or you should move to France!
25th June 2007 11:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're either one of us or ..............

.....a dissident.
25th June 2007 11:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:

You're either one of us or you should move to France!

Please keep our land out of this thread, thanks in advance.
25th June 2007 11:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Please keep our land out of this thread, thanks in advance.

Fuck moving to France....the only escape from this fucking mess is a long distance rocket.
25th June 2007 11:25 AM
LadyJane Can someone RATIONALLY explain to me WHO and what criteria was used to determine these men are "unlawful enemy combatants"?

Give me facts or direct me to links. I would like to research this matter.

I'm all for the WOT but I also have the right to question an Administration who has proven time and again that their "intel" has left much to be desired.

I would appreciate it if I was not labeled an "idiot" for DARING to not blindly follow the Bush Admin.

TIA

LJ.
25th June 2007 11:34 AM
gimmekeef Hail Hail LJ...Amazing how we are expected to blindly follow the hardline..You know what?...fuck this....I'm tired of even trying to have a rational discussion with people that call others idiots beacuse they dare to question the mess we're in.....
[Edited by gimmekeef]
25th June 2007 11:36 AM
glencar The "idiot" comment is due to the idea that anyone would protest closing Gitmo just because it happens to be the Left's latest bugaboo. If somehow the Left decided "Swiss cheese" was an offense, you'd be jumping on that wagon too.

Of course you have the right to question the government. This one in particular has done a poor job of executing this war. But to decry Gitmo just because Henry Waxman gets a lot of money in fundraising letters doing the same thing is shoddy thinking.

I will refrain from citing France in the future. Instead Iceland will substitute as I'm pretty sure no one from here lives there.
25th June 2007 11:38 AM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Hail Hail LJ...Amazing how we are expected to blindly follow the hardline..You know what?...fuck this....I'm tired of even trying to have a rational discussion with people that call others idiots beacuse they dare to question the mess we're in.....
[Edited by gimmekeef]

I don't have a problem with questioning the gov't as I just stated. My problem is with the whole "Close Gitmo now! Why? Because..." crowd. I now have to leave for work so if I don't respond, it's not because I don't want to. The cruel gov't denies me internet access these days...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)