ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys , Barcelona 21st June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
22nd June 2007 01:29 AM
thejuf
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
No, Catalán is a dialect spoken in the the province of Cataluña, Barcelona is in Cataluña

VoodooChile, let's not insult our amics catalans...
Catalan is a language, not a dialect...
Visca Catalunya!
22nd June 2007 03:15 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner I was there! Fucking awesome show!

And yes, catalan is not a dialect, it's a language.
[Edited by MemoFromTinaTurner]
22nd June 2007 05:44 AM
corgi37 Barcelona girls are fucking hot!
22nd June 2007 06:20 AM
egon
quote:
Martha wrote:

I'm in!!

SO am I!!!!!!!!!!

plse start sending the money now for all remaining shows

except the very last one: i took care of that myself today :-)
22nd June 2007 06:21 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
keith seems to have got a new lease of life, he was running across the stage after his solo in Tumbling Dice

Mick tried to do the intros in Catalan, then said "so sorry - I fucked that up!"

Crowed went mad for Keith, who then sang :

10. You Got The Silver

good to hear.
he was very good at Lyon, but he looks to be in very bad shape.
also he seems to be "out of it" all the time with a strange grin on his face.

I worry.
22nd June 2007 06:22 AM
egon
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

It's not one of my favorite warhorses.
Give it rest and put in SFM or GS!!!!

LJ.

I can't stand it when the background singers "roll the dice".

22nd June 2007 07:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
thejuf wrote:

VoodooChile, let's not insult our amics catalans...
Catalan is a language, not a dialect...
Visca Catalunya!

For me a dialect is nothing but a regional language, so I'm not insulting, in fact I have some Catalán blood in me, I love Cataluña, and as Egon said the girls there are hot
22nd June 2007 07:49 AM
charlotte good job Voodoo!! your dialects are improving...tell them also no bull fighting in Catalina! But in Madrid...ole! olé!!

GTRM...you will have a great time...each city is so different in a very charming way!!please go to Toledo...spend some time outside the big city where no one speaks english! now, that's a blast...
22nd June 2007 07:58 AM
tumbled that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3StufY4Q0U&NR=1

mick is like elbow to the ribs shut the fk up...

LoL...cracking me up.

[Edited by tumbled]
22nd June 2007 09:10 AM
Jeep Photos EFE :

[Edited by Jeep]
22nd June 2007 09:11 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:

LOL LOL and more LOL

It ain't Catalᮬ it's Spanish... well let's be serious it's Spanglish. Not a single word in Catalá®

Check it out here in this video, thanks Sandra @ http://www.rocksoff.org/foro

LOL...
22nd June 2007 09:15 AM
Jeep Two video reports (TV3 & Antena 3) :

http://www.tv3.cat/3alacarta/video.htm?ID=232632338
(tick "qualitat alta")

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=12747765

[Edited by Jeep]
22nd June 2007 09:28 AM
GotToRollMe

Somebody - anybody - please sneak in while he's asleep and burn that jacket.
22nd June 2007 10:36 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Somebody - anybody - please sneak in while he's asleep and burn that jacket.

that jacket is the only thing worse than that Omaha set list

I really feel bad for Spain

hopefully the next show here has some of the cool nuggets they've been playing on this leg
22nd June 2007 10:40 AM
glencar They're plaing Basque country which is Spain's equivalent of Nebraska so I think Omahahaha BIGTIME is coming soon.
22nd June 2007 10:50 AM
Lord (Hetero) That stupid jacket bugs the hell out of me too. Because I used to own one just like it; I know exactly how it feels. Feels annoying and itchy. That is what has been bothering Keith lately: the jacket.
I'm trying to visualize that weird grin that egon and others are talking about; as in "Keith being out of it".
22nd June 2007 11:02 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner Why are you guys complaining about the set-list? It was great. I see nothing wrong with it. The crowd was wild and the whole show was awesome. There were many highlights. I was almost in front of the stage and I was in awe. I'm 22 years old and The Stones are my all-time favourite band. I've seen The Stones three times and each time I've seen them, it's been a great show. There's no other band out there that can rock and roll like them.

One of the highlights of the show for me was Keith singing "You Got The Silver". When Mick introduced Keith to sing, the crowd went mad. He was in front of the microphone ready to sing the song but the crowd wouldn't stop cheering and everyone started chanting a chant that is usually sung at sport events in Spain, Catalunya and other places like Argentina, etc... It's a chant that implies a sign of appreciation and that you're having fun. The crowd chanted and cheered for about 3 minutes and you could see Keith was moved and touched. It was a very emotional moment. No one stopped chanting so Keith couldn't help smiling and saying "Hey guys, I got a show to do!" and then he went on to sing "You Got The Silver". I kept getting shivers down my spine while he was singing it. Awesome performance with Keith singing in tune! (surprisingly). He may not have a great voice but he put his heart on that interpretation. This has always been one of my favourite Stones tunes so it was awesome to see him sing it.
22nd June 2007 11:05 AM
glencar Memo, we're just kidding. Or at least I was. Omaha is a joke amongst the US posters. I am so glad to see You Got The Silver back in the set list & it's nice that you enjoyed the show.
22nd June 2007 11:18 AM
luxury1 what, dont you speak Mexican, Voodoo??

I love the gunslingers photo above--let's hope it sounded as cool as they look...
22nd June 2007 12:12 PM
jaggergurl
quote:

LOL LOL and more LOL

It ain't Catalán, it's Spanish... well let's be serious it's Spanglish. Not a single word in Catalán

Check it out here in this video, thanks Sandra @ http://www.rocksoff.org/foro

*sigh* I love those boys.. look at them and their personalities shine through in that video...

thank you so much for sharing it with all of us...
22nd June 2007 12:31 PM
Martha
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
Why are you guys complaining about the set-list? It was great. I see nothing wrong with it. The crowd was wild and the whole show was awesome. There were many highlights. I was almost in front of the stage and I was in awe. I'm 22 years old and The Stones are my all-time favourite band. I've seen The Stones three times and each time I've seen them, it's been a great show. There's no other band out there that can rock and roll like them.

One of the highlights of the show for me was Keith singing "You Got The Silver". When Mick introduced Keith to sing, the crowd went mad. He was in front of the microphone ready to sing the song but the crowd wouldn't stop cheering and everyone started chanting a chant that is usually sung at sport events in Spain, Catalunya and other places like Argentina, etc... It's a chant that implies a sign of appreciation and that you're having fun. The crowd chanted and cheered for about 3 minutes and you could see Keith was moved and touched. It was a very emotional moment. No one stopped chanting so Keith couldn't help smiling and saying "Hey guys, I got a show to do!" and then he went on to sing "You Got The Silver". I kept getting shivers down my spine while he was singing it. Awesome performance with Keith singing in tune! (surprisingly). He may not have a great voice but he put his heart on that interpretation. This has always been one of my favourite Stones tunes so it was awesome to see him sing it.

I LOVE you! Great review...I can imagine Keef's moment in my mind's eye.

xxoo,
Martha
22nd June 2007 12:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Martha wrote:

I LOVE you! Great review...I can imagine Keef's moment in my mind's eye.

xxoo,
Martha

are you picturing Keith not playing guitar? Cuz thats what happens during You Got The Silver. In fact, he doesnt even bother to hold a guitar during the song.

somewhere about half way thru the Licks tour Keith forgot how to play guitar and sing at the same time
22nd June 2007 12:44 PM
Martha
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

are you picturing Keith not playing guitar? Cuz thats what happens during You Got The Silver. In fact, he doesnt even bother to hold a guitar during the song.

somewhere about half way thru the Licks tour Keith forgot how to play guitar and sing at the same time

Yes I am. Keef drinks too much and he's old. And I can't do a thing about it.
Sigh......

xxoo,
MM
22nd June 2007 12:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Martha wrote:

Yes I am. Keef drinks too much and he's old. And I can't do a thing about it.
Sigh......

xxoo,
MM

its still always fun to go back and watch the old clips

he rips it here

22nd June 2007 12:58 PM
glencar "39 & holding..." That brings back memories. It was my 1st tour.
22nd June 2007 04:08 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
Why are you guys complaining about the set-list? It was great. I see nothing wrong with it. The crowd was wild and the whole show was awesome. There were many highlights. I was almost in front of the stage and I was in awe. I'm 22 years old and The Stones are my all-time favourite band. I've seen The Stones three times and each time I've seen them, it's been a great show. There's no other band out there that can rock and roll like them.

I know that feeling!
22nd June 2007 04:59 PM
Saint Sway its seems Keef's stache is like HTW.

in other words, we're stuck with it.
22nd June 2007 06:13 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner Check this out, people:

[Edited by MemoFromTinaTurner]
22nd June 2007 06:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for sharing Memo!!

Keith looked truly touched by the applause
22nd June 2007 06:38 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Thanks for sharing Memo!!

Keith looked truly touched by the applause

Yeah.

Also check out the third video I posted to hear an excerpt of "Midnight Rambler". Another highlight of the show for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)