ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys , Barcelona 21st June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
21st June 2007 06:29 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL That site is down. I got them from a corporate site that has rational owners.

LOL...sounds like we were trying to access the same lyrics page.
21st June 2007 06:33 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The Rice Crispies Jingle?.....wow...what a rarity!

LMAO

quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Maybe if we chip in $1.39 each we can send Egon to every show?

Hey, I'm in! I'll even make it $1.40! It'll kinda be like "send a city kid to camp" only better!
21st June 2007 06:36 PM
luxury1 dont need no jewels in mah crowwwn !!

Thank you glennie--that was the line. I certainly think Mick penned the lyrics, no?
21st June 2007 06:37 PM
mmdog
Tumbling Dice was not on the setlist for the first part of the No Security Tour. However Undercover was dropped and Tumbling Dice took it's spot.
fireontheplatter thank you for posting the songs

everybody say ow
glencar That's what I always thought but ssssssssssoul seems to know the right info so I'll bow to s/he.
21st June 2007 06:38 PM
glencar
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Tumbling Dice was not on the setlist for the first part of the No Security Tour. However Undercover was dropped and Tumbling Dice took it's spot.

By the time I saw that tour, TD was in. In fact, I think I've only seen one show that didn't have TD & the show was one of the worst...
21st June 2007 07:00 PM
Lord (Hetero) Doesn't it seem like that since Keith quit playing and singing at same time, his songs are better? Obvously he don't like having too much working @ the same time; so maybe singing solo like eg "YGTS is the answer.
The Sapnish audiences are so fiery that there's no way they could have given a flat performance.
21st June 2007 07:44 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I'm with you, pdog...keep Rambler in the set!

Sex and drug songs are awesome... But songs about killing people... you can't put a value on that... Rambler has so much energy, and slow creepiness... Never underestimate the imagination it took Jagger to get into the mind of a killer and come up with sublime lyrics. and simple chops, building up like an orgasm, stopping, then fucking your brains out again...
Of everything our latter day Stones have done wrong with the song executions and arrangements.... Rambler is the only one, and I mean the only one, that hasn't been fluffed and Vegas'd to the point of shiny jacket flash or a high school band marching fight song. Rambler isn't a warhorse, it's the dead bodies piled up in a pit, left to rot and decay. Makes you feel sick, but you know you gotta look, you must let your senses be tested... How else are you going to enjoy a show that has taken the coolest song like SFTD and turned it into a a beat with some woo hoo's thrown in....
I still wonder how cool it must've been when The Stones opened the show in Oz in 2003 with Rambler. Peoples faces must've come off!
21st June 2007 07:45 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
By the time I saw that tour, TD was in. In fact, I think I've only seen one show that didn't have TD & the show was one of the worst...

Can't imagine a show w/o TD, HTW, JJF... and Rambler...
21st June 2007 07:55 PM
rnbbird Thanks again for the recaps all!
TD is one of the tired warhorses indeed, even though I do think on the ABB tour, it is MUCH better than prior tours.
Rambler is a GREAT rock n roll song, and personifies the band, more so (IMO) than ANY other Stones song.
Ya can't have Knockin" and Rambler in the same show...too bad, but they just don't work that way.
i truly wish they would show more backbone in their confidence in playing new material-Back of My Hand should not be dropped, biggest Mistake and Laugh I Neary Died are great songs. I saw It Won't Take Long live twice and it rocked!
I know the masses want the hits, but the Stones can do whatevery they want, and they choose to paly it safe, throw us diehards a bone, and we choose to pay attention or tune out.
Obviously, many of us pay attention!
Thanks again for the setlist postings, and commentary!
Peace from Denver
21st June 2007 08:04 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Sounds like they got their mojo woikin'!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

but it just ain't woikin' on Sir Stonesalot.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
21st June 2007 08:21 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Theres a part of TD..where the words go.."Dont Jews Ever Frown"....thats all I know....

PRICEESS!!! For how many years have you been singing those lyrics?

quote:

gimmekeef wrote:
Maybe if we chip in $1.39 each we can send Egon to every show?

See Egon..Look what you have done..spoiled us all!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
21st June 2007 09:12 PM
tumbled
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:

the Sapnish audiences

speak sapnish please..
21st June 2007 09:14 PM
pdog
quote:
tumbled wrote:

speak sapnish please..

Rock y Rollo!

21st June 2007 09:49 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Sex and drug songs are awesome... But songs about killing people... you can't put a value on that... Rambler has so much energy, and slow creepiness... Never underestimate the imagination it took Jagger to get into the mind of a killer and come up with sublime lyrics. and simple chops, building up like an orgasm, stopping, then fucking your brains out again...
Of everything our latter day Stones have done wrong with the song executions and arrangements.... Rambler is the only one, and I mean the only one, that hasn't been fluffed and Vegas'd to the point of shiny jacket flash or a high school band marching fight song. Rambler isn't a warhorse, it's the dead bodies piled up in a pit, left to rot and decay. Makes you feel sick, but you know you gotta look, you must let your senses be tested... How else are you going to enjoy a show that has taken the coolest song like SFTD and turned it into a a beat with some woo hoo's thrown in....
I still wonder how cool it must've been when The Stones opened the show in Oz in 2003 with Rambler. Peoples faces must've come off!

Ya stepped right in the middle of it there, p. When they did Rambler at MSG in January '06 it felt like Jagger was fucking the entire Garden. In fact, that's exactly the way I described it to someone the day after: I felt fucked, in the finest sense of the word. Rambler is awe-inspiring - magnificent rock & roll at its finest. And nobody does it like Jagger. (And it hoits!)
21st June 2007 09:50 PM
tumbled podemos hablar en pescados ingleses por favor?

el español consiguió la plata! ariba
[Edited by tumbled]
21st June 2007 10:38 PM
GotToRollMe Some photos from today's Barcelona show:

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st June 2007 10:59 PM
GotToRollMe Jagger apologizes to Barcelona fans in Catalan language for cancelling show

Thu Jun 21, 11:02 AM

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Mick Jagger used the Catalan language to apologize to fans for last year's cancellation of several shows in Barcelona and three other Spanish cities.

In a TV broadcast Thursday as the Rolling Stones prepared a new tour of Spain, Jagger told fans, "We are very sorry we cancelled our concert last year, but now we are ready." The apology lasted a few seconds and was prolonged by laughter and clowning from drummer Charlie Watts and guitarist Keith Richards.

Canal 3, the television station that broadcast the apology, described Jagger's Catalan diction as "better than average."

The apology preceded a concert Thursday night at Barcelona's Olympic Stadium as part of the Stones "A Bigger Bang Tour."

The Rolling Stones had cancelled their performances in Barcelona and three other Spanish cities last year because Jagger had laryngitis.

Ticket prices for the Barcelona show range from euro65 (US$87) to euro185 (US$249). Organizers said that as of Wednesday, 8,000 tickets remained unsold.

After Barcelona, the Rolling Stones will play in the Basque city of San Sebastian, Madrid and El Ejido in southeast Spain.

Link: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070621/entertainment/music_rolling_stones_7
21st June 2007 11:28 PM
Bitch
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Jagger apologizes to Barcelona fans in Catalan language for cancelling show

Thu Jun 21, 11:02 AM

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Mick Jagger used the Catalan language to apologize to fans for last year's cancellation of several shows in Barcelona and three other Spanish cities.

In a TV broadcast Thursday as the Rolling Stones prepared a new tour of Spain, Jagger told fans, "We are very sorry we cancelled our concert last year, but now we are ready." The apology lasted a few seconds and was prolonged by laughter and clowning from drummer Charlie Watts and guitarist Keith Richards.

That was a nice gesture of MICK to smooth things over for the cancellation! I respect that he spoke in the native tongue!

21st June 2007 11:35 PM
mrhipfl HOW THE FUCK CAN 63 YEAR OLD MEN BE SO DAMN COOL??????
I will never understand!
21st June 2007 11:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Jagger apologizes to Barcelona fans in Catalan language for cancelling show

LOL LOL and more LOL

It ain't Catalán, it's Spanish... well let's be serious it's Spanglish. Not a single word in Catalán

Check it out here in this video, thanks Sandra @ http://www.rocksoff.org/foro

21st June 2007 11:51 PM
mrhipfl lol, cool video. Excuse the ignorance, but what exactly is Catalan? is it like old Spanish?
21st June 2007 11:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, Catalán is a dialect spoken in the the province of Cataluña, Barcelona is in Cataluña
21st June 2007 11:55 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
No, Catal�n is a dialect spoken in the the province of Catalu�a, Barcelona is in Catalu�a

ah, that makes more sense. Kinda like Swiss German.
21st June 2007 11:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Los Stones llenan Montjuïc de rock sucio y un espectáculo imponente

1. • El conjunto británico se reconcilió con el público de Barcelona tras la cancelación del año pasado

2. • El escenario se transformó en un increíble infierno tecnológico con el tema 'Sympathy for the devil'

El mítico cuarteto --en la foto, Mick Jagger Keith Richards y, al fondo, Charlie Watts-- demostró que es la banda de rock and roll más importante del mundo. Foto: JOAN CORTADELLAS

El mítico cuarteto --en la foto, Mick Jagger Keith Richards y, al fondo, Charlie Watts-- demostró que es la banda de rock and roll más importante del mundo. Foto: JOAN CORTADELLAS

Mick Jagger se deshace de la americana, anoche durante el concierto de los Rolling Stones en Montjuïc. Foto: JOAN CORTADELLAS

Mick Jagger se deshace de la americana, anoche durante el concierto de los Rolling Stones en Montjuïc. Foto: JOAN CORTADELLAS

RAMÓN VENDRELL
BARCELONA

Frank Miller acuñó con Batman. The dark knight returns (1986) un nuevo patrón de superhéroe caracterizado por el conflicto interior y un halo crepuscular en el que los Rolling Stones encajan a la perfección. Son tótems de una era acabada y lo saben. Y ni su estricta política de opacidad oculta que la vida privada de algunos de ellos dista de ser envidiable y que entre los miembros del grupo hay la misma unión que había entre las repúblicas de la ex-Yugoslavia. Pero en cuanto salen a un escenario tiran de orgullo y profesionalidad para reivindicarse por enésima vez como la mayor banda de rock and roll del mundo. Eso hicieron anoche en el Estadi Olímpic durante dos sucias y espectaculares horas que empezaron con Start me up y acabaron con Satisfaction.

Ya con el primer número se hizo perdonar el grupo los tres plantones que dio al público español el año pasado. Plantones que, empero, dejaron el recinto a varios miles de entradas del sold out a pesar de que solo salieron a la venta 42.000 boletos. Pelillos a la mar. Imposible no sentir simpatía por los baqueteados superhéroes en cuanto Keith Richards disparó un riff crudo y desaliñado hasta decir basta. Y en cuanto Mick Jagger activó la función rabo de lagartija, que ya no abandonaría hasta el final de la velada, no tanto para presumir de forma atlética como para transmitir energía al respetable. Las sonrisas entre admiradas e irónicas que Richards y su compinche Ron Wood cruzaron con motivo del centelleante arranque de Jagger certificaron que los Stones iban a ser una pandilla que se reencuentra.

Let's spend the night together, Rough justice (de A bigger bang), Rocks off, una versión de Ain't too proud to beg, popularizada por los gloriosos Temptations, Streets of love (la segunda y última pieza de A bigger bang) y un Midnight rambler de aúpa y con un Jagger arrebatador condujeron a un homenaje del combo a James Brown, el campeón del frenesí escénico de quien el cantante aprendió buena parte de su repertorio de movimientos. Los Stones aman la música negra que les amamantó y no podían pasar por alto la muerte de Mr. Dynamite el día de Navidad del 2006. Para él fue I'll go crazy.

Tras Tumbling dice Jagger presentó a todos los músicos de la formación. Los viejos cómplices Bobby Keys (saxofón), Darryl Jones (bajo) y Lisa Fisher (voz) fueron aplaudidos casi como si fueran stones oficiales.

RICHARDS, FACTOR CAOS
Richards, un irresistible factor de caos en un espectáculo superprofesional, cantó como pudo You got the silver y I wanna hold you. Si la deconstrucción en clave ora minimalista, ora abstracta, ora bárbara a la que sometió su estilo con la guitarra es intencionada, esto es artística, la deconstrucción de su manera de cantar es causa sencillamente de la devastación.

Hubo ahs y ohs cuando con Miss you una parte de la tarima avanzó entre la concurrencia con el núcleo de la banda encima hasta el centro del Olímpic. Allí interpretaron Respectable, It's only rock and roll y Honky tonk women, con la que la balsa regresó a la nave nodriza. Un golpe de efecto ganador al que siguió otro que acabó de rendir a la parroquia. El escenario se transformó en un palpitante infierno tecnológico para Sympathy for the devil. Momento antológico. Remataron con Jumping Jack flash, Brown sugar y Satisfaction. Ningún grupo de estadio suena tan orgullosamente guarro. Bravo.
21st June 2007 11:56 PM
mrhipfl please translate that article. you got 4 minutes. GO!
22nd June 2007 12:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is Catalán

22nd June 2007 12:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check this VIDEO
22nd June 2007 12:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Josep Losada

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)