ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in London This Week? Return to archive
June 27th, 2005 09:29 AM
gimmekeef There are rumours of a Virgin Records album party June 29th and then release of title etc on July 4th...Does this mean the band might be there for this...and seeing Live 8 is around same time does that make for a surprise 2-3 song appearance in Hyde Park?....With all the egos involved (like Stones playing before U2/Macca whomever)..its still unlikely IMO however any Brit press or Rocks Offer's know about this listening party?
June 27th, 2005 09:41 AM
Mickijaggeroo
http://mickijaggeroo.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1119869422
[Edited by Mickijaggeroo]
[Edited by Mickijaggeroo]
June 27th, 2005 09:43 AM
Gazza very much doubt the band would be at a listening party.

tends to be for record company executives and press people only

They might still have work to do on it, anyway. As far as I remember when there was a listening party for Springsteen's album, not all of the songs were 'presented'

I would imagine that if the party is on Thursday, we'll know the album title before Monday. As if it makes a big difference to keep it under wraps for 3 days

[Edited by Gazza]
June 27th, 2005 09:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I still think there is a big chance we could see the Stones at Live 8.
They dont need to announce that the stones will be playing to sell tickets because they are already gone. I can just feel that something will happen there.
June 27th, 2005 11:37 AM
glencar No chance. They've got work to do.
June 27th, 2005 11:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I still think there is a big chance we could see the Stones at Live 8.
They dont need to announce that the stones will be playing to sell tickets because they are already gone. I can just feel that something will happen there.

I dont think so. These shows are arranged with a very definite tight schedule and each act has a definite time slot. It doesnt really leave any room for additional acts now at the last minute, now that the running order has been announced.

By the way, just to keep the Beatles and U2 haters happy (and one of them especially) the London show will open with U2 and Paul McCartney performing "Sgt Pepper" ('it was 20 years ago today' - geddit?)

Dont say you havent been warned
June 27th, 2005 12:26 PM
glencar I'll say it for him: Oy vey!
June 27th, 2005 01:24 PM
gimmekeef Gazza..thanks for the headsup..I'll just my recorder to start a little later....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)