ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: C*cksucker Blues Uber Alles Return to archive
June 24th, 2005 11:37 PM
FPM C10 From IORR: The rare "Cocksucker Blues" movie by Robert Frank from the 1972 tour is currently running in Berlin, for every night until next Wednesday. See Der Tagesspiegel.

I'd love to see that in a theater!
June 24th, 2005 11:46 PM
Bruno Stone I read it here once: is there a masturbation scene?
June 24th, 2005 11:57 PM
beer I got to see it in a theater a couple years ago. It was a double feature, Gimme Shelter followed by Cocksucker Blues.It was a big place and there were alot of people there. I swear, everyone in the theater was getting fucked up. At one point 2 guys and 2 chicks ran in front of the screen butt naked and danced around.

-
June 25th, 2005 03:22 AM
beer ...and another thing, In between Gimme shelter and CS Blues, this lady got up in front of everyone and announced on a microphone that anyone who decided to stay in the theater would technically be breaking the law cuz Robert Frank has some agreement that CS blues can only be shown to a paying audience while He is in attendance. bit of dis towards him, but it was funny.

To R. Frank, this they say: "You Got Eyes!"

remember that?

what happened to em?

hahaha!!!

=
June 25th, 2005 11:37 AM
FPM C10
quote:
beer wrote:
...and another thing, In between Gimme shelter and CS Blues, this lady got up in front of everyone and announced on a microphone that anyone who decided to stay in the theater would technically be breaking the law cuz Robert Frank has some agreement that CS blues can only be shown to a paying audience while He is in attendance. bit of dis towards him, but it was funny.

If my rusty old memory serves me well, the dis is toward the Stones more than Robert Frank. They tried to have the film completely banned from ever being shown anywhere (around the time of Keith's Toronto bust - it was decided that the scenes of him nodding out, playing percussion during an in-flight orgy and of the crew shooting up probably would not be beneficial to his case) and Frank won an injunction which at least allowed him to show it once a year while he was in attendance - at film festivals and the like.

June 25th, 2005 09:54 PM
scratched I think they decided to 'ban' the film a lot longer before Keith's bust...well, just after they first saw it! I heard they saw a screening of it and then Mick decided they couldn't release it anywhere due to the rather 'risque' content, as previously described!
June 25th, 2005 10:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
I read it here once: is there a masturbation scene?

yes.

Thankfully, its a woman
June 25th, 2005 11:50 PM
Bloozehound I first read about this film in a music magazine years ago, I remember how psyched I was to see it, a lengthy search turned up an old vhs copy for rent at an underground video store

went home, watched it, and afterwards was all like, pffft boring, no wonder they didn't release it, the world would of thought they were the most overrated bunch of "wildman" rockstars ever

seem to spend most of their screen time sitting around hotel rooms droning out to the tube or ordering fruit(ROCK N ROLL!!), only the roadies seem to be having any fun

over the years I've come to appreciate it a bit more

I like that one scene where Mick is goofing around while charlies shooting pool with those black dudes, and the keith throwing the tv off the balcony bit is priceless

I could see another reason why Mick didn't like it however, I came away thinking Mick came across as kinda dorky, while Keef on the other hand seemed like the superior badass that he is, he totally stole the show

[Edited by Bloozehound]
June 26th, 2005 10:31 PM
glencar I too have it on VHS (or DVD?) but all I remember is how bad the lighting was.
June 27th, 2005 05:47 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes.

Thankfully, its a woman

i think that is sir mick with his hand down his pants...

June 27th, 2005 06:31 PM
jpenn11
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i think that is sir mick with his hand down his pants...

I can't say I remember this part very well, but I thought it was one of the hangers on. Not that I'd know.

Incidentally, as part of the settlement, I think a few scenes are omitted from the copies that circulate and the copies shown in theatres: Keith nodding out with a needle in his arm, Jagger naked (not the scene where he is dressing, which is included) and one other one. I'd appreciate some CS Blues savant recalling the three.

As for the relationship to Keith's bust, I'd read somewhere that a "release copy" was prepared around 1978 and not released in relation to Keith's bust. That version was supposedly donated by Jagger to the Tate Modern and screened at the end of last year.
June 27th, 2005 10:23 PM
mac_daddy i am almost positive it is jagger that has his hands down his pants...

keef nodding out is still there, but the needle in his arm i think is a myth. the only people that i recall shooting up are the sound guy and one or two of the hangers-on...

jagger naked..? that i dont remember. i might have to dig that dvd up... i am sure the cavett stuff is on there as a bonus, too. dont know if it is all the footage, or just excerpts...

the geraldo footage floats around on one of those hodge-podge dvds, too...

June 28th, 2005 12:36 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

jagger naked..? that i dont remember. i might have to dig that dvd up...

Once I downloaded a Brown Sugar video, a montage, with footages from, I think, Knebworth, Hampton 81, 72 tour... and in the end there was a rapid shot of Mick dressing pants, with his butt naked... Are you talking about this?
June 28th, 2005 01:17 AM
souldoggie Great thread. Nice Charlie header, as well.
June 28th, 2005 11:43 AM
jpenn11
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i am almost positive it is jagger that has his hands down his pants...
keef nodding out is still there, but the needle in his arm i think is a myth. the only people that i recall shooting up are the sound guy and one or two of the hangers-on...
jagger naked..? that i dont remember. i might have to dig that dvd up...

The three most notorious scenes are not the copies that circulate. Gazza, do you know the content of those scenes? (I've not been able to successfully use the search function.)

June 28th, 2005 12:26 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

(I've not been able to successfully use the search function.)

i have tried, unsuccessfully, for years to get the search function to work...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)