ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BIANCA JAGGER CRITICISES LIVE 8 CELEBRITIES Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 25th, 2005 09:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Hey! You crazy Eurpoeans started it with Milosevec

Then called in the big old bad USA to finish because you couldn't/wouldn't

Need to rent some B'2's???

tele!!!!!

I think you're a bit over touchy and need a sense of humour by-pass sometimes, chum...

I never said or implied the USA was "big and bad". And please dont assume that fuckstick Blair speaks for me

and please do me a favour - dont label me with the rest of Europe as if we're all the 'same' politically...

Gazza!

[Edited by Gazza]
June 25th, 2005 09:46 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Wrong textile

After the United States Air Force pulled 30 days of around the clock precision bombing decades of mass murder ended
and so did the terror of Milsovec and 10 million people now live free of terror

30 days. US Air Force. B-2's

All over. Done
Will you at least give Clinton xcredit for this? That's how to fight a war...not what is happening now with our men and woman like sitting ducks ..I admit, I was for the initial incvasion, but lets get the fuck out of there..it's just not working and I can't take watching these fabulous kids coming home in body bags or with no hands or legs...Bush seems fucking blind to what is happening..we ain't winning and they don't want us...he just said the other day that "Iraq has become groud zero for terrorists"...Is that what we really wanted!!!?

June 26th, 2005 12:08 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

"Will you at least give Clinton xcredit for this?

Yes jb. He did the correct thing. Even though, unlike Bush, he never consulted Congress or the UN to ask for approval, he did the right thing and I give him credit for it

"..I admit, I was for the initial incvasion, but lets get the fuck out of there..it's just not working and I can't take watching these fabulous kids coming home in body bags or with no hands or legs..."

You were for it now you are against it? You sound like the person you voted for, Mr. Kerry

jb, you get squimish about Stones ticket sales. War is serious business conducted by serious people over serious issues.. Though a nice person, this isn't your specialty. You would have pulled out after 2 minutes on
D-Day, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Tarawa, Guadalcanal, Yorktown, Gettysburg, Battle Of Britain, etc

"Bush seems fucking blind to what is happening..we ain't winning and they don't want us...he just said the other day that "Iraq has become groud zero for terrorists"...Is that what we really wanted!!!?

jb maybe you would be happy if the terrorists had ground zero on highway A1A in south Florida. Boca? Palm Beach?
I understand this could possibly interfere with your shopping for Metrosexual clothes in Boca, but I rather have terrorists fight the Marines and 3rd ID than self proclaimed Metrosexuals in South Florida

I could be wrong, are you ready to take on the "insurgents"
from the Polo Lounge?

They ain't big fans of the Jews in South Fl jb.
They want to slit your throat, rape your wife, and burn your kids and dog

And blow up your house

Let us know when you are ready to take that on
June 26th, 2005 12:48 AM
texile are you a standard tele or a fat tele - i suspect the latter, because telecaster -
your humbucker is overbearing......
June 26th, 2005 12:58 AM
texile 'fuckstick blair'
that just SOUNDS funny said aloud.
true jb - clinton did act - and deserves credit for it, i was always a little too hard on bubba............
as for bush - he doesn't know what's going on because he isn't concerned with what doesn't concern him - like real war where real people die - it would destroy his notion of circular time........
June 27th, 2005 08:40 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
telecaster wrote:

"Will you at least give Clinton xcredit for this?

Yes jb. He did the correct thing. Even though, unlike Bush, he never consulted Congress or the UN to ask for approval, he did the right thing and I give him credit for it

Oh, yes, about what happened in Ex-Yugoslavia, it's funny how some people have very, very short memories... Here's a flashback on Kosovo, when Milosevic was finally "taken down" (1):

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

-Governor George W. Bush (R-TX), 1999.

You have to wonder why he (or his trusted advisors) didn't act on that advice when they went into Iraq.

But maybe that kind of statement from the then opposition can help to explain why it took so long for the US to act at the time, and why Clinton didn't ask the Congress for approbation... Remember who was saying, then, that American boys and girls shouldn't die abroad for the sake of a little country under fascist-type oppression... As for consulting the UN, are you writing without using your brain or what? As the UN asked the USA to intervene, of course they were approving!

(1) And significantly, Milosevic was "taken down" (I love that kind of action movie talk!) not after 30 days of bombing but 2 real wars, the one in Bosnia and then the one in Kosovo 5 years later. Not all "clean" bombing (if that fabulous beast ever existed somewhere) either, what with the "unlucky" hit to the Chinese embassy in Belgrad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that these US-led international actions weren't successful, or that the Europeans in their majority weren't grateful for the big, big help from the USA. And all this made a lot of the Europeans take thought about their own failings, their lack of common political will and concerted action, mainly. Each European country have their own foreing policy and their own armed forces but the European Union has none, it depends on what the members want to contribute! In fact, the wars in Ex-Yugoslavia contributed to push the European Union toward creating the first European interention force. It exists since a few months only, still in an early phase and hasn't been tried yet, but at least it's a beginning! (The stupidity of the current political climate in Europe today is something less encouraging. Once again, European countries are locked in mutual disagreement and partisan bickering, each side claiming it's for the common good but in fact achieving close to nothing. In world politics as in other matters, you can say that there are those who talk and those who do.)

And if someone here really believe all the US had to do to bring peace to Bosnia was bomb Milosevic for a month, think again! It took several months more of cleaning up on ground, by forces both american and from other countries, including UN and European troops. Does Mr Telecaster even know that there are still UN peace corps in Bosnia and Kosovo? After one successful invasion, there are invariably years of aftermath, rebuilding not only the material damages of war but a whole nation who had to gain independance and/or democracy through violent struggles. But that doesn't get showed much on TV, it's not as glamorous as "surgical strikes" (what, with scalpels?) or presidential visits in military suit...

But maybe reality is at last getting its due in Iraq too. See for instance one Associated Press article where the US commander of the coalition says that the situation "will not be settled on the battlefield" and even Rumsfeld ackowledges that the insurgency in Iraq can go on for "years" and that US officials are "facilitating" negotiations between the Baghdad govt and the insurgents (who were only called terrorists by Washington up to very recently) to end the bloodshed and give place to "inclusion in the political process".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050627...HE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

I hope nobody in his own camp will take Mr Rumsfeld to task for "negotiating with terrorist", or being a "flip-flop" or even "giving in like a Frenchman"... Considering what kind of roasting they give to anyone who even criticizes how the war is conducted (not even the reasons or pretexts who led to war in the first place), you have to wonder if the US government deserve to be lauded or derided now they begin to do what they should have done long ago?

Of course, it can be only highly ironic that where Republicans, six years ago, were saying that it's possible to support the troops but not the president and still be patriotic, or that good warfare always involves a clearcut goal and a well-defined exit strategy... And that these people who are now saying that any criticism of the president in wartime "gives aid and comfort to the enemy" were then criticizing another president in wartime. It was a president from the other side of the political checkerboard, of course. It's only soldiers who die regardless of their political opinions.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
June 27th, 2005 10:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Lets face it. When the Live 8 concert begins. The furthest thing from everybodies mind will be the world debt or starving kids in Africa. Well untill they show you another video of Bob Geldof being followed by hundreds of Ethiopians.
They will make an absolute packet from the telephone lines, but only around 16% of viewers are expected to pledge money.
So 84% of us are going to sit there and watch the concert and do nothing.
June 27th, 2005 10:47 AM
texile what monkey woman and scrounge said........
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)