ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sidcup Return to archive
June 24th, 2005 12:30 PM
balancer Who from there?! I live near the art college Lord Richards went to!
June 24th, 2005 12:38 PM
Honky Tonk Man Hi Balancer!

I live in Gillingham, but I lived with my ex-girlfriend in Welling for a year and she herself lived in Sidcup with a guy for a while.

Do you know a pub called The Blue Rose? I think It used to be called The Black Horse, if that helps. Anyway, I used to drink in there occasionally, until I upset one of the regulars and now I'm too scared to go in there!
June 24th, 2005 12:51 PM
scratched I live down the road in Eltham. Which college did Keith go to?

Honky Tonk Man, it looks like I'm gonna have to steer clear of you when I'm out drinking!
June 24th, 2005 12:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
scratched wrote:
Honky Tonk Man, it looks like I'm gonna have to steer clear of you when I'm out drinking!

Oh don't be silly. stewed & Keefed can vouch that I'm great company and never any trouble.

The problems I had in Eltham were not my fault and the same goes for the incident in Sidcup. It actually took place at a bus stop when he asked me for a light. He was very drunk and looking for trouble. He really upset my then girlfriend and it took an undercover cop to intervene. He actually praised me for standing up to him and said I did the right thing. I went into the Blue Rose a couple of days later, but had to walk out when I saw him. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes down to it!
June 24th, 2005 01:06 PM
scratched I know, I was I was only joshing! I know how easy it is to get into some kind of incident around here without even wanting to.
June 24th, 2005 01:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
scratched wrote:
I know, I was I was only joshing! I know how easy it is to get into some kind of incident around here without even wanting to.

I know you were!

There was another incident, this time outside McDonalds in Eltham. I'd been in The Rising Sun and I was almost bottled for wearing Converse trainers! I was mightily tempted to go out and buy a pair of Reebok Classics just to stay safe!
June 24th, 2005 01:43 PM
scratched The last time I was in The Rising Sun, I got followed home by this completely shit-faced Irish guy we had spoke to briefly earlier in the evening. He came right up to the front door and tried to look through the windows for a bit and then must have got bored and went.

Reebok Classics are truely hideous!
[Edited by scratched]
June 24th, 2005 01:50 PM
Honky Tonk Man I can believe that. The Rising Sun is a weird old pub. Is that your local? I don't suppose it's as bad as The Wetherspoons pub there. I walked in once and it was just full of old men playing Dominos.

The only pub I drink in that part of Kent now is Infernos in Welling. I'm in there a couple of times a week.

I didn’t buy Reebok Classics for the very reason you stated above!
June 24th, 2005 02:06 PM
scratched I suppose it is my local as I live round the corner from it but I only drink in there rarely. The pub I go to the most is the Royal Standard in Blackheath. I'll check out Infernos when I'm in Welling next though.
June 24th, 2005 02:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man Blackheath is quite nice. I know the pub you mean. The only pub there I've had a drink in is the O’Neil’s.

Infernos is an absolute dive, but It's under new management and slowly getting better.

Do you drink in Bromley at all? I was in The Walkabout bar with my brother last night. It's not a bad pub at all.
June 24th, 2005 02:43 PM
stewed & Keefed All this pub talk is making me thirsty

June 24th, 2005 02:49 PM
Honky Tonk Man Is it time for Captain Morgans Spiced Rum, Steve?

June 24th, 2005 03:16 PM
scratched I've drank in Bromley a couple of times but only between train journeys so never really ventured further than 2 or 3 minutes from the station! Looks pretty good though.

You're right, time for a drink!
[Edited by scratched]
June 24th, 2005 03:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man It is indeed Scratched.

My mum and dad have just got back from France. They've bought me a Guinness gift set. I now have my very own Guinness pint glass.

I'm so happy!
June 24th, 2005 03:59 PM
scratched Sounds good to me. I'm drinking some home made wine from Croatia. It was also a present!
June 24th, 2005 04:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man Oh it is good. I do wish it were a genuine pint glass with the Crown on it though. This one, being from Europe, has the 0,5l sign instead. Still, beggars cannot be choosers.

I must admit, wine doesn't really agree with me. I went through a Rose' period last summer and made me go bonkers!
June 25th, 2005 04:07 AM
Jacques Hi
I spent many summer holidays in Bromley and Beckenham when I was a student. I had a friend in Sidcup. Nostalgy.
June 25th, 2005 04:19 AM
Stray Cat UK It sounds well dodgy - I thought Hull was rough !

Mind you,on Tuesday while I was waiting for my youngest at guitar school,someone was stabbed in broad daylight a few yards away. It's getting worst than the US here. (although the attacker and victim were both east european -let's not go there ).

It was so bad that the police had to be pulled off speed camera duty ! GRRRRR!

scuk
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)