ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Cavett Show' boasts last-minute Stones addition Return to archive
June 24th, 2005 11:55 AM
moy 'Cavett Show' boasts last-minute Stones addition
Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:06 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A late thumbs-up from Mick Jagger has forced the distributor of a DVD featuring musical performances from "The Dick Cavett Show" to postpone its release by two weeks to Aug. 16.

In addition to segments featuring the likes of David Bowie, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Janis Joplin and George Harrison, "The Dick Cavett Show: Rock Icons" will now boast almost 15 minutes of the Rolling Stones.

Jagger has allowed archival label Shout! Factory to include performances of "Brown Sugar" and "Street Fighting Man" -- albeit trimmed to two minutes each -- filmed during a July 25, 1972 performance at Madison Square Garden in New York, and two backstage interviews he did with Cavett. The segment aired on Aug. 4 of that year.

"The Dick Cavett Show," which ran from 1969 to 1975, mixed lively debate on topical issues like Vietnam and women's rights with celebrity interviews and musical performances. All the guests would remain on stage for the entire show, making for some interesting interactions. The three-disc set carries a suggested retail price of $39.98.

Reuters/VNU

June 24th, 2005 11:57 AM
glencar Now you're talking! Cavett was rerun a few years back on VH1 but they never showed the Stones stuff.
June 24th, 2005 11:58 AM
Nellcote Now that's what we're talking about.
I love the time near a tour, stuff just starts
coming out of the woodwork, all the clingons want to
make the cabbage..
June 24th, 2005 11:59 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Now that's what we're talking about.
I love the time near a tour, stuff just starts
coming out of the woodwork, all the clingons want to
make the cabbage..

I would like to bite and kiss you .
June 24th, 2005 12:01 PM
Nellcote Joey, it would appear some of Mr. Townsend's "experimenting" has had an effect on you.
I watched "The Fly" last night with Jeff Goldblum, and that chick from Cape Cod, I forget her name.
That was still one freaky flick...
June 24th, 2005 12:02 PM
glencar Geena Davis. Next year, she'll play Madame Prez on ABC.
June 24th, 2005 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Joey, it would appear some of Mr. Townsend's "experimenting" has had an effect on you.
I watched "The Fly" last night with Jeff Goldblum, and that chick from Cape Cod, I forget her name.
That was still one freaky flick...

Geena Davis. Next year, she'll play Madame Prez on ABC.

June 24th, 2005 12:04 PM
glencar Maxy was right! is right!
June 24th, 2005 12:04 PM
Nellcote GC, that's it, thanks.
She was great in Thelma & Louise.
June 24th, 2005 12:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
GC, that's it, thanks.
She was great in Thelma & Louise.

So was Jane Fonda
June 24th, 2005 12:06 PM
Nellcote Did she do Ho Chi Min?
June 24th, 2005 12:07 PM
throbby Can't wait! Loved his interview with Bill backstage. Wasn't Bill wearing a tee shirt that they censored part out for some reason?
June 24th, 2005 12:24 PM
telecaster Cavett's interview with Hendrix is a classic

Think it was right after Woodstock

Anyone ever see John Lennon and Yoko co-host the Mike Douglas show for a week?

Man was that bad

Yoko was calling people out of the phone book to tell them she loved them

YIKES!
June 24th, 2005 12:26 PM
glencar Yes, that was on VH1. BORING!

I'm sure the Jimi thing will be on this set.
June 24th, 2005 01:51 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Yoko was calling people out of the phone book to tell them she loved them

So what is wrong with THAT ?!?!?!

I do the same thing every evening around 9:00 PM CDT

Carky !
June 24th, 2005 01:55 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

So what is wrong with THAT ?!?!?!

I do the same thing every evening around 9:00 PM CDT

Carky !

This wasn't 1-900#'s joey it was the actual phone book
June 24th, 2005 02:29 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

This wasn't 1-900#'s joey it was the actual phone book

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 27th, 2005 01:15 PM
mac_daddy i wonder if the cavett footage is the same that is included as a bonus on the c*cksucker blues dvd, which is all of the stuff he aired from his time with the stones on the 72 tour..?

June 27th, 2005 01:21 PM
jb And Mick still gives them a hard time...doesn't realize this was when he and the band were cool?
June 27th, 2005 01:28 PM
Jumping Jack I think the performance footage is the same as 4 Reels Marquee-Montruex Rumble not CS Blues. I can't remember if the Rumble has the complete Cavett show with all the interviews.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm219.showMessage?topicID=408.topic
June 27th, 2005 01:43 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:
And Mick still gives them a hard time...doesn't realize this was when he and the band were cool?

mick was manic, arrogant .........
and cool;
those were the days - the cockiness and condescension was so casual, cavett seemed uncomfortable.
they most likely won't show the entire footage from the 4-reel dvd;
June 27th, 2005 02:27 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:

mick was manic, arrogant .........
and cool;
those were the days - the cockiness and condescension was so casual, cavett seemed uncomfortable.
they most likely won't show the entire footage from the 4-reel dvd;

There is also footage of that jerk Gerardo Rivera intervieing the band in either 72 or 75???? hate that jack-ass!!!
June 27th, 2005 02:43 PM
texile 75 tour but i've never seen footage....
i remember that from the chet flippo book -
didn't know it was available though;
i remember as a kid watching geraldo doing a stones segment for 20/20 - on the 78 tour.......mick was fucked up and surly.
they were the most heathenistic thing this baptist-church-going child had ever seen.....i was hooked.
June 27th, 2005 02:57 PM
FPM C10 Geraldo interviewed Mick in 1975 in Baton Rouge, LA.

I seem to remember Dick Cavett saying "well there's nothing decadent going on backstage...just Bill Wyman playing ping pong..." and I laughed, thinking that they probably sent Bill out as a decoy while the rest of them were shooting up. But in one of Bill's fascinating (zzzzzz) books he mentions that 1972 was a year that he actually DID take drugs, and that he was smoking a hashish-laced cigarette while talking to Cavett.

Cavett was cool enough to know what hash smelled like, don't you think? I mean, he always wore a scarf and stuff.

Speaking of THAT, do they still make hashish? Man I used to LOVE that stuff! I think our friends in Afghanistan switched all of their efforts to heroin production since there's more money in it and it's easier to smuggle...another victory in the War on Terror!
June 27th, 2005 03:35 PM
Jumping Jack I believe Mixed Pickles 1 has the 75 Geraldo interview:

http://bootcoverz.com/uploads/The%20Rolling%20Stones%20Tours%2069-89%20'Mixed%20Pickles'%20vol%201.jpg
June 27th, 2005 04:17 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
There is also footage of that jerk Gerardo Rivera intervieing the band in either 72 or 75???? hate that jack-ass!!!

Didn't Geraldo try to get Mick to push Bette Midler into a closet?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)