ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's header Return to archive
June 24th, 2005 08:53 AM
Nellcote From the hat Jagger is wearing, as well as the coat Charlie has on, this looks like the session for the filming of the video for Angie, which was shown here in the States on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, a late night show in the '70's.
So, possibly this has an origin in spring '73?
June 24th, 2005 08:59 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm fairly sure that the photo was taken from the Ain't Too Proud To Beg promo, which was shown on The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1974.
June 24th, 2005 09:53 AM
Nellcote HTM, you are dead on!
I needed that reality slap, thanks!
June 24th, 2005 10:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man I watched it the other day. I think I'd have been stumped otherwise. However, guessing years of photos is one of my strong points.
June 24th, 2005 11:32 AM
glencar Besides, Angie was mostly Mick & he was mostly sitting down. The Ain't Too Proud To Beg vid has a fantastic ending.
June 24th, 2005 01:37 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
glencar wrote:
Besides, Angie was mostly Mick & he was mostly sitting down. The Ain't Too Proud To Beg vid has a fantastic ending.

How is the ending? I never saw this video.
June 24th, 2005 01:49 PM
BrianJonesForever Don Kirshner's Rock Concert appearance was a great show, I remember seeing it on VH1 a while ago, and I loved it. Where can you get your hands on a tape of it??
June 24th, 2005 01:51 PM
FPM C10 This definitely isn't the video for Angie. Both Micks are dressed up like Little Bo Peep in that one. (Actually there are two versions, one gayer than the other).

I always thought this video, if it's "Ain't Too Proud To Beg", was lousy. What happens at the end? They get the big inflatable willie out, don't they? Except it just looks like a big condom.

What was the other IORR song they did a Kirshner video for, "If You Really Want To Be My Friend"? I don't think Keith is even IN that one. I think it's his junk dealer standing in the shadows pretending to be Keef.

The Goat's Head Soup promo films are WAY better than the IORR ones.

Who's the guy in the background in the photo?
June 24th, 2005 04:21 PM
gypsy I got the photo from Retna. It only gives the date as "1974."
June 24th, 2005 11:45 PM
Bruno Stone I would love to see here pics from the sessions to Respectable video, one of their best videos. The end is fucking funny, so `` crazy rocker n roller teenage thing ``

And the bit when Mick breaks the ``wall`` with the guitar, hahahahhaha
June 25th, 2005 10:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Rehearsing the 'Aint too proud to beg' video

Michael by Michael
© 1974 Michael Putland - With thanks to Gypsy!

June 25th, 2005 11:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I received this private e-mail from a well known regular who decided to solve my doubt in private, now I'm sharing this here to you all.

Interesting picture, which is new to me.

As you know the Stones didnt play a single concert or live appearance in 1974

From Charlie's clothes and Mick T's shirt, it looks like its taken from the shoot for the "Aint too proud to beg" promo video, although Jagger didn't wear a hat in the finished video so maybe its from a rehearsal or something that was done before the finished 'take'

Also, the guy behind Jagger is neither Keith nor Bill so I assume he's a stagehand of some description as he appears to be fixing a microphone
June 25th, 2005 11:02 AM
Gazza "well known regular" ?

It was me, you bastard....! LOL
June 25th, 2005 11:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

What was the other IORR song they did a Kirshner video for, "If You Really Want To Be My Friend"?

Till The Next Goodbye
June 25th, 2005 12:55 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I received this private e-mail from a well known regular who decided to solve my doubt in private, now I'm sharing this here to you all.

Interesting picture, which is new to me.

As you know the Stones didnt play a single concert or live appearance in 1974

From Charlie's clothes and Mick T's shirt, it looks like its taken from the shoot for the "Aint too proud to beg" promo video, although Jagger didn't wear a hat in the finished video so maybe its from a rehearsal or something that was done before the finished 'take'

Also, the guy behind Jagger is neither Keith nor Bill so I assume he's a stagehand of some description as he appears to be fixing a microphone

I solved the mystery first!
June 25th, 2005 12:57 PM
Gazza No..I e-mailed him last night

ner ner ner ner-ner...LOL
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)