ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones' albums sales on rise in US Return to archive
June 23rd, 2005 02:03 AM
Soldatti From Billboard chart alert:

Want to know a band that should love Dad's best day? Two years ago Father's Day frame saw the Rolling Stones' hits set "Forty Licks" rise 161-120, up 61% over the previous week. Last year's the album's sales almost doubled, accounting for a re-entry at No. 174 the week of July 3, 2004. This year the Stones' greatest hits "Jump Back" enjoyed a massive 45% of gain over the previous week, and the album rise 169-132 on the Billboard 200 with 8,800 copies sold. With the next Stones' tour close, their extensive catalog is on rise too: "Forty Licks" advances 84-63 on Billboard's Top Pop Catalog chart with sales of almost 4,300 copies.
June 23rd, 2005 10:00 AM
jb Great news !!!! We shall pull ahead of Aerosmith with 66 million dometic sales!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 23rd, 2005 10:02 AM
Joey

< -----------Great news !!!! We shall pull ahead of Aerosmith with 66 million dometic sales!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed Lil' Buddy !
June 23rd, 2005 10:54 AM
corgi37 Man, Aerosmith. What an endorsement of Americans style and taste.
June 23rd, 2005 11:14 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Man, Aerosmith. What an endorsement of Americans style and taste.

Corgi is TRULY " THE KING " !!!!!!!!!!!
June 23rd, 2005 11:27 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Great news !!!! We shall pull ahead of Aerosmith with 66 million dometic sales!!!!!!!!!!!!

jb are you coming to Soldier Field to see The Stones?

As you predicted, sales were a total flop and it is a total humiliation to Chicago

It seems that Parmy and I were the only people that bought tickets. We are planning on sitting at about the 20yrd line with a cooler and two lawn chairs to watch the show

You with us?
June 23rd, 2005 11:31 AM
FPM C10
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Man, Aerosmith. What an endorsement of Americans style and taste.

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?
June 23rd, 2005 11:50 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Flacky ! ™

June 23rd, 2005 01:21 PM
gimmekeef Even sales of Jacko's albums are surging after his acquital...Invincible soared 162%.....however total sales topped only 272 units!.....That missing boy scout out west?...Wonder if they looked for him at Neverland!!...
June 23rd, 2005 01:24 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb are you coming to Soldier Field to see The Stones?

As you predicted, sales were a total flop and it is a total humiliation to Chicago

It seems that Parmy and I were the only people that bought tickets. We are planning on sitting at about the 20yrd line with a cooler and two lawn chairs to watch the show

You with us?

Pammy could then straighten us both us simultaneously.
June 23rd, 2005 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Pammy could then straighten us both us simultaneously.

{{ ? }}

**** sic ****
June 23rd, 2005 03:08 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
jb wrote:
Great news !!!! We shall pull ahead of Aerosmith with 66 million dometic sales!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't pop the cork yet. Aerosmith is releasing a new album and launching a tour this fall.
June 23rd, 2005 03:10 PM
jb They are dreadful wannabees.............
June 23rd, 2005 03:26 PM
JaggerLips Steve Tyler and those lips LOL! The only lips that have talent behind them aren't Mr Tyler's they belong to the face of Mick Jagger!
June 23rd, 2005 07:14 PM
glencar Steve Tyler's had a horrible facelift & the lips are huger than ever.
June 23rd, 2005 09:44 PM
Soldatti
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Don't pop the cork yet. Aerosmith is releasing a new album and launching a tour this fall.

The "new album" is live and from the Just Push Play tour.
June 23rd, 2005 11:00 PM
PeerQueer Now don't be too hard on Tyler and Co. They were, at one time, a pretty decent band. I caught a show in Vancouver B.C. some years back...God, like 15 years now, and they were excellent. A band called Skid Row opened for them - -they certainly sucked - but A-Smith was quite good. For many years now I have found their output to be utterly commercialized - though they have make significant $ off of it.

At their best they were/are the closest American version of our beloved Stones - though I have a friend who swears The Black Crowes long ago stole that title. I like them too by the way, and am quite pleased they are back together.

As to Stones record sales--who cares? Bob Dylan has never been a significant chart-topper and yet he is viewed as one of, if not the, most significant artist since Elvis. (Debatable I know) If the Stones next (final?) studio release is anything of the quality of Time Out of Mind (fan-fucking tastic...brilliant...beautiful...haunting...can't play it enough...the man is an incredible artist) I will be quite pleased. And you know what - I think they might just have it in them.

Oh- and anyone thinking this tour won't be anything but yet another amazing success, we'll see. My money is on our boys delivering the goods and the general public buying it up like mad.

And no way is Mick Jagger in his 60's! I could bounce a...quarter off that ass! That's worth the price of admission alone!
June 24th, 2005 01:29 AM
Bloozehound oreosmith sucks
June 24th, 2005 08:08 AM
Maxlugar [quote]jb wrote:

Hi Josh Esq.

You may have heard that God has sent me to mend fences with those I have hurt in the past.

I have my Love Gloves on and my Understanding Googles in place.

I'm fixing this fence.

I am sorry for any pain and suffering I have caused you. When hate jumps in the boat, love jumps in the water and gets all wet and drowns and washes up on the beach all bloated and eaten by crabs.

I'm leaving hate ashore, for sure.

I love you.

MAXY.
June 24th, 2005 11:13 AM
glencar Will this new release spend more than one week in the Top 10? NO!
June 24th, 2005 11:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I have my Love Gloves on and my Understanding Googles in place.

I will have me Love Gloves and me Beer/" Jaggerbomb " Goggles in place this evening .

{ CA - RACK }

Triple Ronnie

J. " Snuggles " Joeyfly
June 24th, 2005 11:31 AM
glencar Joey I got ripped last night & now I'm paying for it. I'm planning on going up to Connecticut this weekend & must now "ferry" across the Sound so I can grab some extra sleep. See? Sometimes drunkeness helps our economy!
June 24th, 2005 12:42 PM
Factory Girl Glenny, I got ripped last night & the night before last.
June 25th, 2005 12:03 PM
Lethargy I've never understood the Aerosmith thing. Comparing them to the Stones is utterly absurd. I can't think of any similarities other than a singer with big lips. Aerosmith made run-of-the-mill boring rock songs in the 70s and emphasized syrupy pop-metal-ballads ever since. They totally lack artistry. People are free to like them based on their own tastes - I'm not objecting to that - but the Stones comparisions make me sick. Whether or not you like either band, they're just so completely different from each other in my opinion. Yuck.
June 25th, 2005 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I've never understood the Aerosmith thing. Comparing them to the Stones is utterly absurd. I can't think of any similarities other than a singer with big lips. Aerosmith made run-of-the-mill boring rock songs in the 70s and emphasized syrupy pop-metal-ballads ever since. They totally lack artistry. People are free to like them based on their own tastes - I'm not objecting to that - but the Stones comparisions make me sick. Whether or not you like either band, they're just so completely different from each other in my opinion. Yuck.

You Sir, are absolutely correct!!!!(Ed McMahon voice).
June 25th, 2005 05:40 PM
texile those diane warren (or whatever the fuck her name is) ballads reek of.............what?
do they even write thier own songs anymore......?
are they still touring with kiss?
shit, i like kiss better.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)