ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marijuana-flavoured lollipops (NSC) Return to archive
June 22nd, 2005 08:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Advocates take aim at 'marijuana candy'

June 22 2005
By Doug Gross

Atlanta - Marijuana-flavoured lollipops with names such as Purple Haze, Acapulco Gold and Rasta are showing up on the shelves of convenience stores around the country, angering anti-drug advocates.

"It's nothing but dope candy, and that's nothing we need to be training our children to do," said Georgia state senator Vincent Fort, who has persuaded some convenience stores to stop selling the treats.

The confections are legal, because they are made with hemp oil, a common ingredient in health food, beauty supplies and other household products. The oil imparts a marijuana's grassy taste but not the high.

Merchants call them a harmless novelty for adults and insist they advise stores to sell only to people 18 and older.

"There are more than 70 million people in the United States who smoke marijuana. We're catering to the audience of people who are in that smoking culture," said Rick Watkins, marketing director for Corona, California-based Chronic Candy, which uses the slogan "every lick is like taking a hit".

An Atlanta company called Hydro Blunts markets a similar product under the name Kronic Kandy, which is made in the Netherlands.

New York City Councilwoman Margarita Lopez introduced a resolution condemning the candies when she saw them at convenience stores near schools in her district. She plans to hold hearings this summer.

At Junkman's Daughter, an Atlanta novelty shop, the suckers are sold near the cash register from a bucket labelled with a marijuana leaf.

"We've got probably every weird kind of candy there is in here," owner Pam Majors said. "If it was anything you could get high off of, we wouldn't carry it, obviously." - Sapa-AP

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
June 22nd, 2005 09:36 PM
MrPleasant And does it smell like it? If it does, it'd be a great cover-up for potheads.

-"I sense pot in your breath."

(Stoned with actual pot, the other person shows the lolly. Social dilemma solved.)
June 23rd, 2005 02:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Devious Mr Pleasant, but probably ineffective.
June 23rd, 2005 03:15 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
And does it smell like it? If it does, it'd be a great cover-up for potheads.

-"I sense pot in your breath."

(Stoned with actual pot, the other person shows the lolly. Social dilemma solved.)

MrPleasant Be Thinkin' Too Much .

Joey " IKE " Turner !
June 23rd, 2005 03:28 PM
kath LOL!!!

joey...your funniest post EVER!!!!!!

June 23rd, 2005 03:43 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

I once smoked some dope that was so strong that my testicles began to shrink .

Word !

Word indeed.

June 23rd, 2005 03:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Joey wrote:

I once smoked some dope that was so strong that my testicles began to shrink .

Word !

Word indeed.

huhhhh...??? OH...I get it...huh huh...

Man, this board is SO much more fun since it's become the 24-hr Hate Emporium!

Yer OK, 'lugar. I don't care WHAT Blue says about ya!
June 23rd, 2005 04:06 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

huhhhh...??? OH...I get it...huh huh...

Man, this board is SO much more fun since it's become the 24-hr Hate Emporium!

Geez talk about shooting the messenger! It's not like I said it!

Wait a minute! I do believe I've gotten yer goat 'gin!

June 23rd, 2005 04:24 PM
kath nnnoooooo!!!! no goats!!!!!!! goats bad on boards!!!!
June 23rd, 2005 04:26 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Geez talk about shooting the messenger! It's not like I said it!

Wait a minute! I do believe I've gotten yer goat 'gin!

DAMN YOU LUGAR! Your new goat-fighting technic is unbeatable!

June 24th, 2005 12:04 AM
BrianJonesForever Where can i get some of these lollies? hehe
June 24th, 2005 09:53 AM
icydanger yes, well since it's difficult in the US to smoke it, they replace it with lollipops so the people forget their frustrations
June 24th, 2005 01:51 PM
BrianJonesForever Its not that difficult, saw people smokin it in the street in nyc not too long ago, in alphabet city. That place has cleaned up considerably its full of yuppies now!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)