ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones VIP Travel Open For Registration! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 24th, 2005 05:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I wish someone would ask the band about this. I'd love for Jagger to spew his "tour math" and justify this.

I'll defend this just once by saying if scalpers are getting 3 to 4 grand for a seat, then 2500 is a good deal especially since it's validated by the band. Why should the scalpers make the money? I'd rather see a filthy rich rock star over a filthy rich scalper any day of the week.

Misses the point, though.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

There's no point gouging a loyal fanbase solely for the sake of making money that you'll never spend JUST because scalpers make money.

They could easily sell the better tickets for these shows at a third of the price they're selling now and cut out the VIP shit and STILL make a fortune - and they could easily organise it in a way where the scalpers and brokers DONT get the best seats.

The bottom line is they dont give a fuck
June 24th, 2005 05:30 AM
Moonisup the thing is, they can do that, you don't HAVE to go to a show, you won't get shot if you miss a stonesshow.
June 24th, 2005 05:40 AM
Poplar
As for what happens for those front row seats, i dont care, and it's the ,arket that sets the price. I only blame them for not MAKING DAMN SURE that people can at least get a ticket for $30 or so. It's when i see shows where ALL the tickets are relatively expensive i get pissed.

but seriously, for $2,500 I'm expecting to be provided with airfare, hotel, front row seats, the choice of hree songs, ability to record the show on DAT, booze, drugs, and some fine poon-tang before, after, and perhaps during the show.

"Everybody's high on consolation...
Everybody's trying to tell me
what is right for me, yeah"
June 24th, 2005 11:43 AM
Gazza I think that would be quite a reasonable request

maybe they'll consider it as a "package" for the next tour.

Imagine the price, though.

Knowing my luck, the "poontang" will probably be some toothless bearded hag
June 24th, 2005 11:48 AM
Nellcote Man, Gazza.
I've not heard that word in so long, Poontang!
Takes me back to those thrilling days of yesteryear...
however, to clarify, there were not any hags involved..
June 24th, 2005 11:53 AM
jb Airfare (sans my first class arrangements) is minimal. You people go on those web sites and go to England for 99dollars!!! It a bloody fucking deal!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza, my friends returned yesterday from England...delicious chocolates from Cadburry and no anti-semetic incidents....
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]
June 24th, 2005 12:02 PM
glencar Edit again, Joshy!
June 24th, 2005 12:25 PM
David If you pay $2500, you are getting ripped off. Considering the actual price on the rs sight is $1600 for the Hollywood show.
June 24th, 2005 03:30 PM
Poplar
quote:
Poplar wrote:
some fine poon-tang before, after, and perhaps during the show.

should i have not hyphenated?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)