ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones VIP Travel Open For Registration! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 22nd, 2005 06:32 PM
moy Go directly to: http://rollingstones.fanasylum.com/

Dear Stones Fan,

We are very pleased to present Rolling Stones VIP TravelPackages for the 2005 On Stage Tour. This is a special opportunity for Rolling Stones fans to experience the Rolling Stones live, from preferred VIP seating. For many of our VIP destinations, we feature VIP preferred seating in front of the stage in Rows 2 thru 5. Sure, it’s only rock ‘n roll – but you’re lovin’ it!

Visit the Rolling Stones VIP Travel Center online for a complete list of VIP Package destinations. You’ll want to book your reservation soon because spaces are limited for each VIP Package. Here are just a few exciting locales for your consideration:

HOLLYWOOD: Just announced! Our VIP Package to experience the Rolling Stones at the Hollywood Bowl, November 06, 2005.

NEW YORK #2: Enjoy the Stones on stage at Madison Square Garden, September 13, 2005.

BOSTON #2: Help kick off the US Leg of the Rolling Stones On Stage tour. Enjoy preferred VIP seating for night #2 @ Fenway Park, August 23, 2005.

DENVER: Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Rolling Stones live at Pepsi Center, November 24, 2005.

SAN FRANCISCO #2: Our San Francisco VIP Package the first night @ SBC Park sold out very quickly! You still have the opportunity to join us for the second Stones concert in San Francisco, November 15, 2005.

PHILADELPHIA: How about a double hit of the Rolling Stones? Party for two nights during the band’s concerts at Wachovia Center, October 10 & 12, 2005!

For full details on our VIP Travel Package offers and to register online, click to the Rolling Stones VIP Travel Center. To place your reservation by phone, please call the VIP Center @ 415-575-6677, Monday-Friday, 10:00 am - 5:30 pm PT.

Cheers,

RollingStones.com
June 22nd, 2005 07:28 PM
GimmeExile Do you think they'll offer a package deal for all three shows if the Palladium and Beacon are added to LA and NY area shows?
June 22nd, 2005 11:18 PM
Steel Wheels Fuck spending this kind of bread. 2500 bucks is outrageous! A GOD DAMNED OUTRAGE!
June 22nd, 2005 11:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ask LadyJane about it, she saw guitars instead of backstage Stones
June 22nd, 2005 11:52 PM
Steel Wheels For 2500 clams I want a customized setlist, I want to be able to add and subtract the hangers-on known as the backup musicians, and I want to be able to strum my guitar or shake a noise maker during a rockin' tune.

Fuck all that. For 2500 bucks I want them to play my living room and have it just be Charlie, Ronnie, Darryl, and Mick N Keef sharing one microphone.

2500 dollars! JESUS CHRIST.
June 22nd, 2005 11:52 PM
Riffhard Do you have to bring your own lube or do they provide the AstroGlide as they tell you to grab your ankles? Just wondering. Be prepared I always say.

Riffhard
June 23rd, 2005 12:34 AM
Sir Stonesalot Just when you thought that there was no way left for Stones Inc to bilk another cent out of you.....

And some of you wonder what happened to those primo up front tickets....
June 23rd, 2005 04:32 AM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Just when you thought that there was no way left for Stones Inc to bilk another cent out of you.....

And some of you wonder what happened to those primo up front tickets....

I'm just glad I'm doing my own NYC package. With ticket, airfare and hotel I'm spending about $1200.00. Seemed like alot, but considering they would charge double that w/o airfare, I think I'm a better VIP travel agent.
June 23rd, 2005 08:08 AM
gimmekeef These packages have been available right from the start.My guess is no one is biting so they're pumping up the hype.Is anyone really surprised by this further rip off?
June 23rd, 2005 08:19 AM
Gazza No.

Just at the people who continue to play ball with it, who kid themselves it's great value and who still persist in calling the Stones a "rock n roll band" as they cant see past their own desperation to notice or care about how far removed the band and their 'new' fanbase are from what the Rolling Stones used to mean.

Thing is, a lot of people have gone along with this shit for years and the band have responded by ripping them (and the rest of us) off more on each succeeding tour since 1999. They shouldnt have been encouraged to do so in the first place. Its good to see that more people who previously didnt give a fuck what the band did or charged are now waking up to it
June 23rd, 2005 08:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Do you think they'll offer a package deal for all three shows if the Palladium and Beacon are added to LA and NY area shows?

oh I'm sure there'll be some priority arrangement for such shows.

there will after all be enough people who miss out on the ticket sales for such a concert and will think nothing of paying an extra $500 or $1,000 so long as it ensures that they'll get in.

In many cases, despite the $50 ticket price for these shows and the fan club presales, a package trip will be the only way many people will get in the door. If they even keep 100 tickets for such a deal, that'll make the average ticket price a lot higher than the stated figure of $50
[Edited by Gazza]
June 23rd, 2005 08:50 AM
gimmekeef The real outrage (beyond the concept in the first place)..is for your $2500 you dont even get airfare!!!!!!!!Course anyone buying these things probably will have their own plane anyway...
June 23rd, 2005 11:24 AM
Moonisup it's becoming a sad bad, with a sad management
June 23rd, 2005 11:57 AM
jb I'm telling you, for people like me who use scalpers, it;s a good deal.....I like it!!!!!!!!!!
June 23rd, 2005 12:00 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it's becoming a sad bad, with a sad management

Hi Rik

the whole affair becomes pathetic, let's face it.
June 23rd, 2005 12:04 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hi Rik

the whole affair becomes pathetic, let's face it.

Hi Jumacfly!!! It's not really pathetic..it's just business as usual. Europe will be less costly and you won't face sticker shock like some here.
As far as the band, lets face it, since 89 it's been a nostalgia act...but a dam good one.
June 23rd, 2005 02:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
It's not really pathetic..it's just business as usual.

Really. Just business as usual, another day at the office. Some people will pay it. Like they say it's a rich man's world.
June 23rd, 2005 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Really. Just business as usual, another day at the office. Some people will pay it. Like they say it's a rich man's world.

"You're are rich girl, and you've gone to far, 'cause you know it don't matter anyway,
you can rely on the old mans's money, you can rely on the old man's money"....................
June 23rd, 2005 02:27 PM
voodoopug Great post...i have been on record as stating I enjoy Hall and Oates!
June 23rd, 2005 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Great post...i have been on record as stating I enjoy Hall and Oates!

Thanks Pug....you are truly my "dog loving friend".
June 23rd, 2005 03:34 PM
kath
quote:
Is anyone really surprised by this further rip off?

well, technically, it's only a "rip-off" if they actually charm people into the web as it were. so far, it looks like the flies have been stayin' away from the spiders.
June 23rd, 2005 03:40 PM
jb I signed up for the e-mails.
[Edited by jb]
June 23rd, 2005 06:25 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Jumacfly!!! It's not really pathetic..it's just business as usual. Europe will be less costly and you won't face sticker shock like some here.
As far as the band, lets face it, since 89 it's been a nostalgia act...but a dam good one.

Hi Jb!
100% agree
Wouldn t you like to experiment the "on stage" concept...I mean , we all know you can do it
Seriously, do you plan to meet your dear friend Joey on next tour??
..oh, and WELCOME BACK, Perkie missed you too
June 23rd, 2005 07:04 PM
glencar Let's all stay away from this whole bad deal. I'd rather give the money to starving Africans.
June 23rd, 2005 09:04 PM
parmeda jb, would you actually consider a package such as this?
It's just tickets.

They've hyped it up in such a way that IS appealing, however, ranking a purchaser as a VIP ain't shit in this case, IMO

I especially like the line:
"DENVER: Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Rolling Stones live at Pepsi Center, November 24, 2005."

With the key word being "Celebrate"...muthafucker, I better be yanking a wishbone apart with Jagger and fighting over the cranberries with Charlie on this one
June 23rd, 2005 09:10 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
jb, would you actually consider a package such as this?
It's just tickets.

They've hyped it up in such a way that IS appealing, however, ranking a purchaser as a VIP ain't shit in this case, IMO

I especially like the line:
"DENVER: Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Rolling Stones live at Pepsi Center, November 24, 2005."

With the key word being "Celebrate"...muthafucker, I better be yanking a wishbone apart with Jagger and fighting over the cranberries with Charlie on this one

LOL....it included lodging and pre/post parties. Pam , regarding Thanksgiving, who has the biggest wishbone?
June 23rd, 2005 09:16 PM
Steel Wheels I wish someone would ask the band about this. I'd love for Jagger to spew his "tour math" and justify this.

I'll defend this just once by saying if scalpers are getting 3 to 4 grand for a seat, then 2500 is a good deal especially since it's validated by the band. Why should the scalpers make the money? I'd rather see a filthy rich rock star over a filthy rich scalper any day of the week.
June 23rd, 2005 09:21 PM
jb
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I wish someone would ask the band about this. I'd love for Jagger to spew his "tour math" and justify this.

I'll defend this just once by saying if scalpers are getting 3 to 4 grand for a seat, then 2500 is a good deal especially since it's validated by the band. Why should the scalpers make the money? I'd rather see a filthy rich rock star over a filthy rich scalper any day of the week.

Very good posting!
June 23rd, 2005 09:38 PM
Nellcote No one is forcing anyone at gunpoint to buy this.
If you want it-buy it.
And the more people who buy it, makes the promoter put
more available for purchase.
If you do not want it-don't buy it.
The fewer folks who buy it, the fewer seats will get sold.
The Stones know every inch of this, do not kid yourself.
They also used to live in a one room flat with cockroaches.
They had a dream, they made it a reality.
And that, my Stones friends, that's the way it is.

You are now free to resume normal activity.
Thank you for this rest stop towards the inevitable.
June 23rd, 2005 09:40 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
LOL....it included lodging and pre/post parties. Pam , regarding Thanksgiving, who has the biggest wishbone?

tsk, tsk, tsk...that's a no-brainer!

And again...they can offer the fricken moon.
I just want to know if Jagger will be swingin' from it.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)