ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blue Lena Return to archive
June 22nd, 2005 09:25 AM
blue-lena Just upped a new site dedicated to Blue Lena - anyone knows anything about the old girl, please drift over and see if you can help.

Thanks

[email protected]
June 22nd, 2005 09:35 AM
Gazza do you mean the car or the Stones fan of the same name?

anyway - if you posted the link, it would help!

Thanks and good luck with it
June 22nd, 2005 03:58 PM
glencar Probably about the car...
June 22nd, 2005 05:33 PM
kath i'm hopin' it's the car

"the ol girl" might not be taken well by our blue lena!!!

June 22nd, 2005 05:36 PM
CS http://bluelena.co.uk/
June 22nd, 2005 06:16 PM
Stonesdoug info on The Blue Lena car here

http://www.oldkr.co.uk/keefscars.html
June 22nd, 2005 07:42 PM
kath really hard on these old eyes to read that printing, but oldkr is a great keef fan!!
June 23rd, 2005 09:03 PM
HellsRollingThunder I cannot connect to the oldkr site Mr. Stonesdoug posted in his
last message. Is there another address for the same site?
Thanks.
June 24th, 2005 12:30 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Probably about the car...

It is...I just took a gander. I really don't see howe a message board about one car can hold people's interests for too long. But what do I know?
June 24th, 2005 01:17 AM
Bitch Is that KEITH'S Bentley that from Gimme Shelter? They said it had several dents and scratches & looked like hell in 1969 at Altamont. The car is a classic (25 yrs) & almost an antique (50 yrs) if it's still around.
June 25th, 2005 11:55 AM
oldkr its in great condition now!!!

This Bentley continental was manufactured in 1966 although has a 1967 registration. It is named after Lena Horne and is currently maintained at redlands.
June 25th, 2005 01:20 PM
BrianJonesForever The blue lena has some great history, so of course a thread about it will last a bit. I mean, Keith and Anita alone in the back seat in Morocco...hehe. He did crash it a few times, because he liked to take a drive after taking a bit of heroin, but he'd nod off after a few minutes, and end up fleeing with his drugs. Wasn't it the pink lena at one point? I assumed it had been totalled due to the number of times he crashed it, but hey, you learn something new everyday!
June 25th, 2005 09:39 PM
chevysales
quote:
oldkr wrote:
its in great condition now!!!

This Bentley continental was manufactured in 1966 although has a 1967 registration. It is named after Lena Horne and is currently maintained at redlands.

you need to add a car to his collection recent corvette quarterly lists 5 band members (probably part of the deal for music JJF to "boys dream" commercial shot by guy ritchie released during olympics and pulled 2 weeks later amid protests from the liberals crying it advocated kids driving like lunatics).

taken from summer 2005 "corvette quartely" magazine (free to those amoung us who drop 54k coupe -62k vert and soon to be 73k on new Z06.) has a blurb on page 15 along with a pic of band from licks tour:

"Stones Roll In New Vettes"
"For years the Rolling Stones have claimed they can't get no satisfaction - but the all-new C6 is sure to have them singing a new tune. The five band members recently took delivery of 2005 corvette convertibles with the 1sb package as well as other features including Onstar, XM Satellite Radio, navigation system and Magnetic Ride Control."

June 26th, 2005 06:43 PM
oldkr thank you kindly

will add it along with many other updates

June 26th, 2005 06:50 PM
jb Oldkr knows his stuff...quite simply, he is the biggest Keef resource on the net!!! (see Regina v. Richards).....
June 26th, 2005 07:55 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Oldkr knows his stuff...quite simply, he is the biggest Keef resource on the net!!! (see Regina v. Richards).....

Thank you, oldjb!
June 26th, 2005 07:57 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Thank you, oldjb!

Where have you been my dear? I was listening to Black and Blue today while lying on my couch, and thought about how cool it was for the Stones to play Reggae................Amen
June 26th, 2005 08:16 PM
gypsy Outside catching rays by the pool whilst reading a book, oldjb.
I really like "Hey Negrita." And you's?
June 26th, 2005 09:33 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Outside catching rays by the pool whilst reading a book, oldjb.
I really like "Hey Negrita." And you's?

Same...and Hot Stuff
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)