ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's surprise club appearance Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
June 27th, 2005 06:23 AM
FotiniD Sent by Yoshi on Shidoobee:

Keef's digging it, ain't he?
June 27th, 2005 07:37 AM
jb Jesus, he looks likes shit.
June 27th, 2005 07:56 AM
maumau he looks like an old man having fun playing rock and roll with his friends
June 27th, 2005 09:20 AM
justforyou
quote:
jb wrote:
Jesus, he looks likes shit.

How will you look after passing 60 ?
June 27th, 2005 09:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:
Jesus, he looks likes shit.

I must admit, Keith does look a little hunched and ragged, but it’s Keith and to me, the man always looks fantastic. He’s dressed very casually. I’d like to see him on stage with the boys like that instead of wearing that god awful red leather jacket he was sporting at the press conference set.

By the way, is it just me, or have I seen pictures of Mick wearing the same jacket on the US leg of the Licks tour? Maybe they share they’re clobber, ha, ha!

It’s nice to see him with a Les Paul again too
June 27th, 2005 10:23 AM
FPM C10 Yeah, I thought the Les Paul was interesting too...I bet he borrowed one of Waddy's, or someone. The last time he sat in at the Joint he played a really cool red SG with three pickups.

Having met Keith briefly in real life, I will say that he looks better in person than in photographs. Also, given his "track" record, he looks a LOT better than he SHOULD look, which is:

June 27th, 2005 10:30 AM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Yeah, I thought the Les Paul was interesting too...I bet he borrowed one of Waddy's, or someone. The last time he sat in at the Joint he played a really cool red SG with three pickups.

Yes I noticed that too!

I can't recall the last time I've seen him play a Les Paul. It's the way it should be!

By the way, I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd last night and what did Gary Rossington come out for an encore and play Freebird with?

Yes, a Gibson SG.

It's like he was dedicating Freebird to Macky in the 4th row right infront of him!

I cried, natch.

M!
June 27th, 2005 02:24 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Yes I noticed that too!

I can't recall the last time I've seen him play a Les Paul. It's the way it should be!

Yes...although the tele is Keith's main weapon, the guitar solo in the original album version of "Sympathy For the Devil" is played on a Les Paul. And THAT is one of the greatest moments in recorded history!

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

By the way, I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd last night and what did Gary Rossington come out for an encore and play Freebird with?

His ding-a-ling? A goat? A sousaphone? WHAT????

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Yes, a Gibson SG.

It's like he was dedicating Freebird to Macky in the 4th row right infront of him!

I cried, natch.

M!

oh...um...well, good for you, Macky! I mean if you like that long-haired country boy crap, played with more hired hands than original members, then I'm happy for you! I guess. (I'm not going to delve too deep into the "original members" stuff, having LOVED the NY Dolls with only 2 original members.)

I won't sit through ANYONE playing Freebird. If Jesus came back and played Freebird I would cop an attitude and leave.

A big "D'Oh!" moment in the life of FPM: I had tickets to see the Who WITH Keith Moon in Memphis in 1975, but sold the them when I moved back to PA from Arkansas (don't ask!). Opening act: Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Lots of soon-to-be dead guys on that bill!

I GREATLY regret missing my chance to see Keith Moon. Those other guys: feh.
June 27th, 2005 03:25 PM
Joey

" ... had tickets to see the Who WITH Keith Moon in Memphis in 1975, but sold the them when I moved back to PA from Arkansas (don't ask!). "

You Make Joey Weep and Sh## Liquid .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!
June 28th, 2005 08:45 AM
J.J.Flash Lynyrd Skynyrd had some great classic rocker....."Simple Man" is one of the greatest moments of the history of Rock'n'Roll......Jay almost cry everytime listening to this brilliant tune......
June 28th, 2005 09:24 PM
jb Keith's shirt look like it came from OP..the gu hasn't dressed cool since the 81 tour..he wears lavender and red sparkly shirts in stage....and Mick isn't to far behind...Give the black paints and pigeon shirts a rest...also, drop the gay overcoats....
June 28th, 2005 09:57 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith's shirt look like it came from OP..the gu hasn't dressed cool since the 81 tour..he wears lavender and red sparkly shirts in stage....and Mick isn't to far behind...Give the black paints and pigeon shirts a rest...also, drop the gay overcoats....

That's funny. What're you wearing this tour, you usually bust out the wardrobe plans right about this time. You are as behind as The Stones in letting out info on this tour.
What's the stage like?
What shoe is jb wearing?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)