ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UK Fans Unite! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 20th, 2005 08:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man With Voodoo Scrounge as the latest addition to the boards Brittish and UK based posters, I think it'd be fun to let everyone know where in the UK you are.

I'll go first. I Live in Gillingham, Kent and I'll possibly be living in Dartford soon. It may of been Mick and Keith land, but I'm not sure If I like it there. It's very odd. There seems to be a Leauge Of Gentlemen thing going on. Are You Local?
June 20th, 2005 09:05 AM
scratched I'm from south-east London, also early Stones territory. You're right Honky Tonk Man, Dartford is bizzare!
[Edited by scratched]
June 20th, 2005 09:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man Before I was kicked out, I was living in Welling with my girlfreind. It's not quite south-East London, but at least the buses were red.

I think I'll be okay in Dartford, It just seems to be one of those places where everyone knows each others business. All these places like Dartford and Gravesend seem to be in they're own unique world. Being in Gillingham I may be out in the sticks, but at least it's part of something bigger. Medway.

June 20th, 2005 10:03 AM
scratched Ah Welling, that's just down the road from me in Eltham. That's exactly what I was thinking about Dartford, although I don't know it well. Canterbury is another place in that general area that seems to be in it's own world. Some people like that sort of thing I suppose.
June 20th, 2005 10:47 AM
jb I think Gazza is from Northern Island..hence his attendance at the bloody U2 show
June 20th, 2005 11:55 AM
Gazza Northern "Island" ?

Where's that ? New Zealand?

Last time I looked, Josh, U2 were from Dublin. Remind me when its your birthday and I'll send you a world atlas to show you where that is
June 20th, 2005 12:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I Live in Gillingham, Kent and I'll possibly be living in Dartford soon. It may of been Mick and Keith land, but I'm not sure If I like it there. It's very odd. There seems to be a League Of Gentlemen thing going on. Are You Local?

June 20th, 2005 12:15 PM
Stray Cat UK I don't post here much anymore,but always "have a look".

I'm in Hull.

Northern England /Scotland - we do exist you know.
June 20th, 2005 12:49 PM
BillyBoll And in case no-one had noticed, I'm from Liverpool.
June 20th, 2005 01:31 PM
stewed & Keefed Well I live in Gillingham,Kent,about 2 min walk from Honky Tonk Man.
June 20th, 2005 06:55 PM
Flairville I'm from Stockport near Manchester. I've got tickets for the 2nd Philly show. Any fellow Brits got tix for any US shows?
June 21st, 2005 02:59 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I live in a place called Tooting in the South West of London.
Its great. A 15 minute ride into town for work and play. Very quiet area. You may remember a TV programme with Robert Lyndsay called "Citizen Smith". Well that was set in Tooting. It has also spawned some other well known people.

Dizzie Rascal (Rapper)
Jimmy White (Snooker player)
Frank Bruno (Boxer)
Benjamin Disraeli (Prime Minister)
June 21st, 2005 05:37 AM
Private Godfrey ...POWER TO THE PEOPLE !

Well i don't often post here but always look, i come from Faringdon in Oxfordshire, Jagger sometimes plays here, ok it's not Mick but his brothers combo - they're rather good.

Mick Jerry and the kids once popped into the newsagents in nearby Abingdon for sweets and magazines - it made the local paper and i believe CCTV tape still exists of the famous event.

A member of Jethro Tull apparently lived 2 doors away from me and Beatles producer George Martin lives 3 miles away - Our biggest Star who made the BIG time is Pam Ayres !! BEAT THAT !
June 21st, 2005 05:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Other famous people from or living in Tooting

Ainslee Harriot (TV chef)
Andi Peters (Exec Producer Top of the Pops)
I went to the same school
John Wayne lived here when he was filming Branigan in 1973
June 21st, 2005 06:03 AM
Private Godfrey OK you Did beat me, Andi Peters is a god ! his work in the Broom Cupboard was incredible, Philip Schofield must have been spitting bullets
June 21st, 2005 06:21 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think his best work was for live and kicking!
June 21st, 2005 09:59 AM
HellsRollingThunder I do not live in the UK but I do think English guys are so sexy,
handsome and romantic. And your accents are absolutely
wonderful to listen to! I think UK guys could teach a thing or two
to US guys about the ladies, am I right?!
June 21st, 2005 10:25 AM
Voodoo Scrounge (In my best Roger Moore accent)
Well Im sure we could give it a go!

I dont know if its just me, nut I find that a lot of American women love the british accent. Especially the London Cockney accent.
June 21st, 2005 11:52 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I live in a place called Tooting in the South West of London.
Its great. A 15 minute ride into town for work and play. Very quiet area. You may remember a TV programme with Robert Lyndsay called "Citizen Smith". Well that was set in Tooting. It has also spawned some other well known people.

Dizzie Rascal (Rapper)
Jimmy White (Snooker player)
Frank Bruno (Boxer)
Benjamin Disraeli (Prime Minister)

I lived in Balham for over a year and moved out about 8 months ago. The Bedford was a good boozer - complete with its 4 species of 'roaches! As in cock!

Prefer living in the North of England tho - I'm just north of Leeds right now - as in "get yer Leeds lungs out" - yes!

Pubs are better 'OOp North!

Dizzie Rascal is from east Deptford not Tooting...
June 21st, 2005 12:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
scratched wrote:
Ah Welling, that's just down the road from me in Eltham. That's exactly what I was thinking about Dartford, although I don't know it well. Canterbury is another place in that general area that seems to be in it's own world. Some people like that sort of thing I suppose.

I was in Eltham last week. Do you know a pub called The Crown? I have a life ban from there!
June 21st, 2005 01:30 PM
scratched
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I was in Eltham last week. Do you know a pub called The Crown? I have a life ban from there!

Yeah I know it. I've got to say, you have done well to get banned from there! You're next mission should be to try and get banned from the Weatherspoons next door or the The Old Post Office round the corner. This is no mean feat!
[Edited by scratched]
June 21st, 2005 01:58 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
scratched wrote:

Yeah I know it. I've got to say, you have done well to get banned from there! You're next mission should be to try and get banned from the Weatherspoons next door or the The Old Post Office round the corner. This is no mean feat!
[Edited by scratched]

I'm banned from The Crown because I apparently dropped a drink and squared up to a woman called Jan. (The Land Lady)

I tried again a few months later and after been greeted with "Oi, Fuck Off, Your Barred", some skinhead later presented me with a hand written note. It read... NO GAY BOYS ALLOWED IN THIS PUB. Hilarious, considering I was with my girlfriend.

I've drunk in the Old Post Office a couple of times. A fight broke out in there once and I'd never seen anything like it in my life! There were about 20 boozers brawling with each other.

The only pub I feel safe in is The Rising Sun. Mind you, next time I’m in there I'll probably get glassed!
June 21st, 2005 05:03 PM
JaggerLips I reside and hail from Liverpool!

COME ON THE REDS!

RA RA RA RA RAFFA BENITEZ!!!!!

My Liverpool related claims to fame are that my dad's chauffered Ringo Starr and knew Alan Williams the Beatles first manager.
Steven Gerrard has been to my house to visit me.
I've met Robbie Fowler and Liverpool poet Roger McGough and Most Hauted's Derek Acorah.

I couldn't get anymore Scouse if I tried!

June 21st, 2005 10:50 PM
HellsRollingThunder Whenever you guys get away from Old Home Week in the UK
which I fine absolutel fascinating anyway, tell me what do UK
men think of the American Ladies?

I still think UK men are charming, and very sensual. Yes indeed.

But it seems you are trying to compare neighborhoods, and cultures, and people which I think is great, give me insight into
what kinds of towns you are familiar with. Thanks.
June 22nd, 2005 02:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Well Hells
I went to America in 1996 when I was 12. So I cant say that I paid too much attention to the ladies then. I was more excited by the prospect of Universal studios and Disney land.
However, since then I have matured and although I am still fascinated by Disney, I do pay more attention to the ladies. And I think they are great. Fantastic sense of humour and great conversation.

Oh and Dizzie Rascal wasnt from Tooting. He was from Detford. However, he was stabbed in Tooting by a member of the so solid crew. But Tooting isnt really like that!
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
June 22nd, 2005 06:59 AM
Honky Tonk Man American women are okay in my book. Especially those from the North Beach area of Sanfransico.
June 22nd, 2005 07:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I do like the idea of an american accent waking me up in the morning. Might ask the missus to try it!
June 22nd, 2005 07:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
HellsRollingThunder wrote:
Whenever you guys get away from Old Home Week in the UK
which I fine absolutel fascinating anyway, tell me what do UK
men think of the American Ladies?

Unbelievably bizarre, frustrating as hell, endlessly captivating and often beyond sexy.

Sometimes all at the same time...

[Edited by Gazza]
June 22nd, 2005 08:00 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Unbelievably bizarre, frustrating as hell, endlessly captivating and often beyond sexy.

Sometimes all at the same time...

[Edited by Gazza]

But unable to understand Cricket
June 22nd, 2005 08:15 AM
Zeeta Mate that's all women no matter what nationality! LOL!

Do you ever go out on tha razzle dazzle in Tooting/ Balham?

Some decent dives around there!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)