ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Some "DVD breaking news" from the Fan Club Return to archive
24th June 2004 03:49 AM
FotiniD Sorry if someone has already posted this, here's what I just received from the fan club in my e-mail:

-----------------------------------------------
Breaking News on the Rolling Stones Fan Club DVD
Since we first announced the new Fan Club DVD, Stones fans have been rattling our bones and we've been listening - We've received so much feedback and so many fabulous suggestions on the Rolling Stones Official Fan Club DVD that we're going back to the laboratory to include some of your great ideas. You can be certain that this exclusive Fan Club DVD will include some of the previously mentioned jewels and much, much more.

You can expect a special DVD that is packed with excitement and rarities!
We look forward to you joining us as we all take part in the writing of the next chapter of rock and roll history with the Rolling Stones!

In the last week or so, my mail's been flooded with fan club messages trying to milk out more money. IMO, unfortunately, the Rolling Stones official fan club hits the number one spot in the "Lame fan clubs in the history of mankind" poll. What it offers to us is totally disproportional to the charges it has and when it comes to information or simple fan club things, such as magazines, well... Simply inexistent!

Not to mention that I find the idea of paying to see a full official site totally ludicrous. An official site's aim is to inform and of course promote - who would make you pay to see a promotion?!

So I don't plan on renewing my membership at all. Tell you what, Rocks Off is a way much better "fan club" than the official one.

On a different note, as mentioned, all this sudden commotion seems to be implying stuff, don't it?
24th June 2004 06:20 AM
Jumping Jack Remember what PT Barnum said about suckers?
24th June 2004 08:30 AM
Main Offender Oh sorry from me! I talked about this "breaking news" in a different thread. They're starting to sound like CNN!!
24th June 2004 12:06 PM
egon
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
On a different note, as mentioned, all this sudden commotion seems to be implying stuff, don't it?

imo it's implying that jagger & friends are getting richer by the minute!
24th June 2004 12:08 PM
egon and almost forgot,
i'm an idiot but i ain't paying a dime to those mofo's.
24th June 2004 12:15 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Sorry if someone has already posted this, here's what I just received from the fan club in my e-mail:

Breaking News on the Rolling Stones Fan Club DVD
Since we first announced the new Fan Club DVD, Stones fans have been rattling our bones and we've been listening - We've received so much feedback and so many fabulous suggestions on the Rolling Stones Official Fan Club DVD that we're going back to the laboratory to include some of your great ideas. You can be certain that this exclusive Fan Club DVD will include some of the previously mentioned jewels and much, much more.

You can expect a special DVD that is packed with excitement and rarities!
We look forward to you joining us as we all take part in the writing of the next chapter of rock and roll history with the Rolling Stones!

In the last week or so, my mail's been flooded with fan club messages trying to milk out more money. IMO, unfortunately, the Rolling Stones official fan club hits the number one spot in the "Lame fan clubs in the history of mankind" poll. What it offers to us is totally disproportional to the charges it has and when it comes to information or simple fan club things, such as magazines, well... Simply inexistent!

Not to mention that I find the idea of paying to see a full official site totally ludicrous. An official site's aim is to inform and of course promote - who would make you pay to see a promotion?!

So I don't plan on renewing my membership at all. Tell you what, Rocks Off is a way much better "fan club" than the official one.

It doesn't imply jack, FotiniD. All it does is put more money in the Rolling Stones "Pot". Ain't no donation comin' from me!

24th June 2004 04:02 PM
Monkey Woman Seems like they've been listening to the piss-off fans... Hey, if they are trying to give us more stuff for our $$$, I'm not going to complain!

But the most interesting bit in that e-mail IMO is the last sentence:

quote:
as we all take part in the writing of the next chapter of rock and roll history with the Rolling Stones!

C'mon, Stones, write us another chapter of album & tour!!! Pretty please! You know most of us won't resist parting with our hard-earn cash, then!