ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BILL PERK's idiot list Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd June 2004 05:14 AM
F505 I have two candidates for Bill Perk's idiot list: just listen to the introduction of Cliff Lorrimer and John Belushi on Blind Date revisited and you know why.

PS: the smoking version of Sweet Little Rock 'n 'roller is breathtaking. Wished Ronnie and Keith still played that way...
22nd June 2004 05:26 AM
Jumacfly F505 can you give more info about this boots please??
22nd June 2004 05:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
22nd June 2004 05:50 AM
F505 Sure jumac: it' s a the Keith Richards benefit concert, Oshawa Civic Auditorium, Toronto, april 22 1979

cd 1 The New Barbarians play: 1. sweet little rock 'n' roller 2. F.U.C her 3. Breathe on me 4. Infekshun 5. Can I feel the fire 6. Am I grooving you (wonderful funky jazz song with Stanley Clarke in a leading part) 7. Seven days 8. Before they make me run

cd 2 The Stones play: 1. Prodigal Son 2. Let it rock 3. Respectable 4. Starfucker (great intro: Mick can't find his microphone and Keith plays on and on) 5. Beast of burden 6. Just my imagination 7. When the whip comes down 8. Shattered 9. Miss You 10. Jumping Jack Flash

I have a copy of the Swingin' Pig Records and it's soundboard quality.
22nd June 2004 07:11 AM
Jumacfly thank you for info F505
i got to purchase it, sounds great!
22nd June 2004 08:02 AM
Gazza "Prodigal Son" is performed by Mick & Keith on their own.

Considering the circumstances surrounding the concert, it's an inspired choice of a song and a truly magnificent moment in the band's history.

The Stones werent actually billed to appear, just the Barbarians. Mick, and then the rest of the band when they came onstage for "let it rock" were surprise guests. Imagine that for an impact. Not just a guest appearance from one Stone as we often read about, but the Rolling Stones as an unannounced addition to the bill.

This show is actually from the evening performance. Theres an afternoon show too (this was actually the last time they played twice in one day) but the sound quality is crap.
22nd June 2004 08:03 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
F505 wrote:
...it' s a the Keith Richards benefit concert, Oshawa Civic Auditorium, Toronto, april 22 1979

cd 1 The New Barbarians play: 1. sweet little rock 'n' roller 2. F.U.C her 3. Breathe on me 4. Infekshun 5. Can I feel the fire 6. Am I grooving you (wonderful funky jazz song with Stanley Clarke in a leading part) 7. Seven days 8. Before they make me run

cd 2 The Stones play: 1. Prodigal Son 2. Let it rock 3. Respectable 4. Starfucker (great intro: Mick can't find his microphone and Keith plays on and on) 5. Beast of burden 6. Just my imagination 7. When the whip comes down 8. Shattered 9. Miss You 10. Jumping Jack Flash

I have a copy of the Swingin' Pig Records and it's soundboard quality.

I have to get my hands on Blind Date... kinda special to me. The Keith Richards Benefit Show was the very first Stones concert I attended as a young Stones fan and I was hooked. I remember that evening like it was yesterday but time sure does fly. 25 years.
22nd June 2004 10:20 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
F505 wrote:
Sure jumac: it' s a the Keith Richards benefit concert, Oshawa Civic Auditorium, Toronto, april 22 1979

I've seen this before and it's never been corrected. Oshawa Civic Auditorium is in Oshawa, Ontario - not Toronto. Oshawa is about 20-25 minutes east of Toronto.

I, too, have Blind Date Revisited and it's quite good.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
22nd June 2004 10:23 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

I have to get my hands on Blind Date... kinda special to me. The Keith Richards Benefit Show was the very first Stones concert I attended as a young Stones fan and I was hooked. I remember that evening like it was yesterday but time sure does fly. 25 years.

I have a copy but it's not for sale.

I'd put Bill Perks and his Kenny G tastes right at the top of his own fuggin idiot list.
22nd June 2004 10:24 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I've seen this before and it's never been corrected. Oshawa Civic Auditorium is in Oshawa, Ontario - not Toronto. Oshawa is about 20-25 minutes east of Toronto.

I, too, have Blind Date Revisited and it's quite good.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]

Is that on CD?

I have the original vinyl Blind Date.
22nd June 2004 10:45 AM
jb One man's idiot is another man's genuis....
22nd June 2004 10:48 AM
egon jb, i'm proud to be on that list with you!
22nd June 2004 10:49 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
egon wrote:
jb, i'm proud to be on that list with you!

The question I have is: Who the fuck is this Bill Perks goof-ball for thinking he can pen the list?!?
22nd June 2004 10:51 AM
egon you don't know? that must mean YOU are an idiot too.

Bill, is this correct?
22nd June 2004 10:52 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
jb, i'm proud to be on that list with you!

Thanks Egon...remember, guys that get so pissed off about nonsense on a message board are probably people that you would not want to associate with in real life situations....I would rather hang out any day with people who have a sense of humor than some stiff asses who think they are better than the rest.
[Edited by jb]
22nd June 2004 10:57 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
egon wrote:
you don't know? that must mean YOU are an idiot too.

Bill, is this correct?

Not the real Bill Perks - I'm asking about the goof-ball on this Internet board.
22nd June 2004 10:58 AM
egon i know...
22nd June 2004 11:01 AM
not bound to please
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:

Not the real Bill Perks - I'm asking about the goof-ball on this Internet board.

He is a poster distinguished not for any semblance of wit or wisdom, but merely for his insistence in using all caps.

Need I say more?

22nd June 2004 11:02 AM
F505 I would be honoured to be on that list.
22nd June 2004 11:03 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

He is a poster distinguished not for any semblance of wit or wisdom, but merely for his insistence in using all caps.

Need I say more?

LOL! Thanks, Lionel.
22nd June 2004 11:09 AM
jb Perks and I have never had a good r/s . I think he is using SS's departure as a soundboard to express his views which he believes may gain him favor with certain posters.
[Edited by jb]
22nd June 2004 11:13 AM
F505 When the real Bill Perks left the Stones I think Keith more or less explained that it was quite idiotic of him to quit...
[Edited by F505]
22nd June 2004 11:50 AM
Fiji Joe An Idiot List? Why the hell didn't I think of that?
22nd June 2004 11:53 AM
Gazza LOL

I thought you already had, Fiji. If only subconsciously. Like most people.
22nd June 2004 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL

I thought you already had, Fiji. If only subconsciously. Like most people.

Gazza, have you noticed i am using less emoticons?
22nd June 2004 11:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Perks and I have never had a good r/s . I think he is using SS's departure as a soundboard to express his views which he believes may gain him favor with certain posters.
[Edited by jb]

I hope you're not angry and disappointed that you didn't place #1.

22nd June 2004 11:58 AM
Fiji Joe JB wrote:

"Gazza, have you noticed i am using less emoticons?"

Man, somebody get this suckass a cookie
22nd June 2004 11:59 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I hope you're not angry and disappointed that you didn't place #1.

Angry? No way! I think some people were trying to make the administrators feel uncomfortable by claiming "people are leaving the board" , when in reality ,no such thing was happening. The various boards have all survived during "inactvity".
22nd June 2004 12:06 PM
Gazza well,I dont know about people trying to make us feel uncomfortable but whilst I dont like the idea of anyone leaving if we can survive 3 years between 1999-2002 with next to no Stones activity, I'm sure we can manage 12 months or so - and we will.

If I remember right, SS didnt actually say he wouldnt be back. More that he'd only have an interest if there was some musical/touring activity that would actually motivate people to talk more about the Stones than off topic stuff.
22nd June 2004 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
JB wrote:

"Gazza, have you noticed i am using less emoticons?"

Man, somebody get this suckass a cookie

FU
Page: 1 2 3