ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Charlie Watts Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st June 2004 04:19 AM
beer Well, The backbone of the greatest RnR band ever, deserves a topic in my opinion. This Jazz loving, respectable gentleman, has worked his ass off for us by laying down the beat for the Stones, show after show. The last time I saw them, in 2002, Charlie got the most applause, by far. I don't think it'd be the same without him, and he could very easily retire any old time he wants. Good thing he hasn't.
people should post Charlie pics, like the Brian thread, which was excellent.

"Charlie's good tonight, isn't he?" - Jagger '69

"Hell, he drummed on Dirty Work, truely he knows no boundaries" - The Pope
21st June 2004 04:32 AM
Jumacfly ah, Charlie Watts!!!
my fav drummer, my fav musician, the one that gave me the fever to play an instrument (the bass ) ....he s the great guy!!
21st June 2004 04:55 AM
beer Keith mentioned in a recent interview, that if Charlie decided to stop, that would be the end of the Stones. Good ol' Charlie. Bring on 2005!!!
21st June 2004 05:05 AM
Zack The Wembley Whammer!
21st June 2004 05:25 AM
beer From Here:

[Edited by beer]
21st June 2004 05:56 AM
fmk438j What about Midnight Rambler, 1st show, Brussels, October 17th, 1973? The energy, stamina, shear brilliance.

Has there ever been a more humble performer, ever?

and, a pic of the kit 'still warm'

http://www.pbase.com/image/13835957
[Edited by fmk438j]
21st June 2004 06:10 AM
egon i like charlie.

i like him and that band of his.
21st June 2004 06:15 AM
beer a Direct Quote from Keith Richards, published in Rolling Stone Magazine August 1980:
"Everybody thinks Mick and Keith are the Rolling Stones. If Charlie wasn't doing what he's doing on drums, that wouldn't be true at all. You'd find out that Charlie Watts IS the Rolling Stones!"
21st June 2004 07:39 AM
Jumacfly this Gretsh Add is incredible!!!
i m gonna print it ...
Charlie is more than the engine you know...
21st June 2004 10:05 AM
F505
[Edited by F505]
21st June 2004 11:38 AM
polksalad69
"I'm yelling at the kids in the back seat / 'Cause they're bangin' like Charlie Watts." John Hiatt
21st June 2004 11:43 AM
Highwire Rob Why wasn't Charlie pictured on the cover of "Black & Blue"?
21st June 2004 11:47 AM
sammy davis jr. Believe me, if Charlie decided to hang it up with the Stones, they'd go on without him. You and I both know it's all about the $$$$$$$ these days.
21st June 2004 11:47 AM
jb Charlie has been described as England's most handsome gentleman of the 20th century.
21st June 2004 11:49 AM
Nasty Habits ?????????

There's two sides to any story!

21st June 2004 11:55 AM
Highwire Rob I understand he has some very handsome automobiles aswell.

Just can't drive them...

Charlie's good every night!

I never felt so sad watching a TV interview than that 60 Minutes one back in the 80's (was it with Barbara Walters?) when Charlie just starts crying about how his own addictions had very nearly killed him.

God, I'm so happy he's with us in fine form for all these years!

--Rob.
21st June 2004 11:58 AM
jb I don't think age has effected him as the others...he was never a drummer in the mode of say Keith Moon or John Bonham..he is of the school that les is more...
21st June 2004 12:00 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
?????????

There's two sides to any story!

Thanks Nasty,

I think they should have cropped from the left with Ronnie and Charlie included on the CD cover!

Ronnie don't look too delighted for a bloke who just won the preeminent Rock Band axeman try outs.

--Rob.
21st June 2004 12:09 PM
jb Ronnie looks nervous and extremely serious...
21st June 2004 12:14 PM
F505

Charlie on the Black and Blue cover looks a bit like John McVicar....
21st June 2004 12:18 PM
jb Who is John McVikar?
21st June 2004 12:23 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Who is John McVikar?

Englands most wanted criminal....
21st June 2004 12:25 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Englands most wanted criminal....

Thanks..I didn't realize you were from England F505....are you friends with Gazza and young HonkyTonk Man?
21st June 2004 12:31 PM
F505 Actually I am from Holland JB but I know that the geographical knowledge of the average american is very poor. Holland is east of the UK and west of the great German empire.
21st June 2004 12:34 PM
Monkey Woman Not the Holy Roman Empire?
21st June 2004 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Actually I am from Holland JB but I know that the geographical knowledge of the average american is very poor. Holland is east of the UK and west of the great German empire.

There was a news report about Holland this wekend featuring footage of some type of "gay pride" parade and how tolerat Holland was...there were pictures of many people on little boots in the canals dancing and having fun. Do you know Dutch Rik? he is a great friend of mine.
21st June 2004 12:48 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
There was a news report about Holland this wekend featuring footage of some type of "gay pride" parade and how tolerat Holland was...there were pictures of many people on little boots in the canals dancing and having fun. Do you know Dutch Rik? he is a great friend of mine.

Is there a connection between him and the gay parade???
21st June 2004 12:51 PM
Moonisup
quote:
F505 wrote:

Is there a connection between him and the gay parade???

natuurlijk!! hahah

no there is not it's a secret
21st June 2004 12:55 PM
stewed & Keefed
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
21st June 2004 06:24 PM
christijanus Charlie, the Kowloon Killer
this is how Mick introduced him in Hong Kong
Page: 1 2