ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Let's Spend The Night Together" disappoints Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st June 2004 01:12 PM
not bound to please
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

This is about as low as you can go.

I suspect you can go a little lower...

21st June 2004 01:16 PM
jb The Cosmos in the mid 70's had players such as Pele, Georgio Canali, Franz Bekenbauer, etc...for one shining moment people thought soccer would make it big here in the US of A but it never happened...even after the great victory for the US woman in the World Cup the interest slowly faded again....while millions of Americam school children play organized soccer(hence the soccer mom vote), upon entering adolescence their interest in dissipates.
21st June 2004 01:19 PM
F505 Sorry to hear that. Once the American Soccer Team had a brilliant player who was known as Buffalo Bill over here.
21st June 2004 01:21 PM
jb The female players are actually better known than the male players(e.g. Mia Ham). Remember Kyle Roch Jr..?
21st June 2004 01:21 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I suspect you can go a little lower...

I suspect they went a lil' lower too, on each other that is
21st June 2004 01:22 PM
F505 No I only know Buffalo Bill and the rest is completeley unknown over here
21st June 2004 01:27 PM
F505
21st June 2004 01:33 PM
polksalad69
21st June 2004 05:15 PM
Gazza >No matter what anyone says, I do not believe Mick ever had a sexual experience with Bowie. Anyone who has ever seen or heard Angela Bowie can ascertain that she was seeking publicity for her book and was not a very stable person. I am not denying that Mick used that androgynous look for a short time, but to cast dispersions about his sexual preferences is about as low as one can go.

actually, I dont buy her story either, but the punchline was too tempting!!

And, my dig was aimed more at Angie's muck-raking style than Mick's alleged 'preferences'..!

[Edited by Gazza]
21st June 2004 05:16 PM
glencar Of course they had sex. Geraldo said so.
21st June 2004 05:59 PM
kahoosier The whole Bowie thing may or may not be true. The story only casts dispersions on Micks taste in men depending on how you feel about Bowie, not his sexuality. Mick is definitely a womanizer, but to deny his bisexual dalliances throughout the years is to ignore his own quiet admissions in interviews.

Oh, by the way, to say that admitting to a taste for the alternative life is casting "dispersions" is to betray a bit of prejudice and maybe even a bit of homophobia. Oscar Wildes' work is not lessened by whom he slept with, nor is Socrates any less of a great philosopher or Alexander the Great a warrior.Gimmee Shelter would be a a great song even if Mick was on all fours taking it doggy style from every memeber of the Village People! I am with Gazza, listen to the songs and stop worrying and certainly stop getting upset by who is sleeping with whom and rumours about all of it!
21st June 2004 06:10 PM
not bound to please
quote:
kahoosier wrote:

Oh, by the way, to say that admitting to a taste for the alternative life is casting "dispersions" is to betray a bit of prejudice and maybe even a bit of homophobia.

Stop being so smart. There would not be a Rolling Stones if there were no "taste" for the "love that dare not speak it's name", period.

sheesh

Some Guy's avatar still sucks.

21st June 2004 07:16 PM
kahoosier Hey not bound...I am not trying to be smart, LOL, just polite!~I certainly would never critcize anyone for who they sleep with... that would be like the whole glass house and throwing stones thing hahhaha!!

And Lord knows every Rock and Roller should be very thankful for gay guys and their crushes,because without Brian Epstien's crush on John we may never have had the Beatles. Without that group, Brian may never have developed his entertainment empire and hired Andrew Loog Oldham, who in turn was greatly responsible for the Stones. And it does not matter who Andrew slept with,if anyone even knows LOL!!

All of this spinning off of someone that does not want to believe that Mick is anything except "100% wholesome" heterosexual...I guess we really need a tour to get back to the MUSIC!!
[Edited by kahoosier]
22nd June 2004 02:40 AM
corgi37 Anyway.......................... Back to topic.

Let me go was great, with Mick running through the crowd. Am i right in that they usually did around 26 songs on that U.S. tour? I dont know why all you hate that movie. Jagger's outfit was what we fans expected of him. Dressed up in something odd. Something to stir people up. Pity he doesnt do that anymore. Pity he hardly talks to the crowd anymore. The editing of the film didnt bother me at all. The sound is crap on video though, but that could be just us Aussie versions, and you Yanks got a good VHS. For sure, we didnt. But isnt it wonderful to see Jaggs in make up, with fluffy hair and mucking around with Ronnie? I love it when he runs into ROnnie or wacks him or something. I dont recall him doing it on the last tour. And Keith looked awesome. Most of you are probably too young to remember, but at the time, it was hugely popular for chicks to wear white t-shirts with "heaven" written on it. My (sob) ex with the 36D norks certainly did. Keith matched them though. He had the ripped t-shirt with "hell" written on it. And how great is it to see Jumping Jack Flash and Satisfaction done without all the bloody trumpets or unneccessary backing vocals. Plus, OMG, Bill's blue suit! He like totally wore that suit everywhere in 81. Even in his Je suis en rock star clip! And his crappy head band! And Charlie, how can any one knock Charlie? He was way ahead of fashion (as he was on 72's L&G with the ostrich feather sleeves) wearing that stripy top. Why, just 3 years later, Freddie Kreuger had the same thing! And what the hell happened to Charlie's bald spot? And Stu?

Nah, ya cant knock the flick.

And, thanks very bloody much Kahoosier! I cant listen to Gimme Shelter again!! lol.
Page: 1 2