ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What has happened to our playground?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
20th June 2004 09:11 AM
LadyJane Bad enough threads are being hijacked by regulars. Now, it's strangers from other Novogate Boards!

I give up!

LJ.
20th June 2004 09:19 AM
Moonisup do you measure a regular at his total of posts?? We have a lot of people who don't post a lot, but still are regulars, but are lurking these days I think
20th June 2004 09:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We have been moderating boards since early August 1998 longer than anybody else (Rolling Stones boards) and we have been witnesses of many fights

Brothers fight between them and they remain brothers, unfortunately fights are part of our lives, but we have never had a permanent war.

This is new for me as I don't use to lurk those threads, if you see the current thread index most of the threads are "SC" and just a couple are fights, so if you want to participate or lurk in the fighting rings just go ahead

What we can't tolerate in any way are insults or explicit material. So I'm on my way to delete insults.

I suggested a thread for world peace but now it is in the second or third page, abandoned as peace is boring even to lurk at it, fights are hot
20th June 2004 09:26 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
do you measure a regular at his total of posts?? We have a lot of people who don't post a lot, but still are regulars, but are lurking these days I think

Rik..if you are asking me, I could care less about post totals. A "regular" IMO is a poster/lurker who comes to RO because he or she loves the Stones. Period.

LJ.
20th June 2004 09:28 AM
Monkey Woman Well, Rik, I did notice too that some guys arrive and start "pest-posting" like mad! We've never seen the name before (or they had stopped posted for a long time) but they seem to feel at home with posting nonsense or baits...

BTW, I'm not blaming every newcomer, we've seen some very nice people arrive in recent times. It's normal for new faces to be a little bewildered sometimes by what goes on here...
20th June 2004 09:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I really don't give a fuck about the amount of posts, but the quality.

Joey and JB have been flooding the board with non-sense emoticons, off-topic replies, "thank yous", even copying the very same text and posting it again, etc there are evidences in some posts that sometimes they DON'T even read messages posted by other regulars.

Good communication skills require first to listen and understand and the open the mouth.

There are many regulars with a few posts and have given us very good news, posted pretty cool píctures, etc

20th June 2004 09:52 AM
mickmask 1.- GLENCAR is not an idiot- in the time I've been here, I've noticed he's one of the few fair and polite posters and always has an intellectual opinion.
2.-RO does not have a great rep for being warm or welcoming on other boards. Others think the tight knit group here often dog-piles newbies.. or just outright ignores them if their opinion doesn't jell here.
3.Give JOEY a break.... we all know without him this board would be 'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' ... besides, it's not nice to be mean to the mentally ill... LOL!!!!!
4. Now... I'm on the idiot list ... right?
5. Do I miss SS?... right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and BTW... VOODOO FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-mm.
20th June 2004 09:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks honey but instead of President, I would rather prefer to jam with the Stones
20th June 2004 12:59 PM
Monkey Woman Great post, mickmask!

Yeah, we all know joey & jb are... well, special! But what would be the board without them?

True, we sometimes give "harsh love" to the newbies. I remember when I was new to this board, 2 years ago (my, does the time passes!) I spent months lurking before daring to post!
But of course, it was so much fun that I never left.
20th June 2004 01:13 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
mickmask wrote:
1.- GLENCAR is not an idiot- in the time I've been here, I've noticed he's one of the few fair and polite posters and always has an intellectual opinion.
YES HE IS
3.Give JOEY a break.... we all know without him this board would be 'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' ... besides, it's not nice to be mean to the mentally ill... LOL!!!!!
4. Now... I'm on the idiot list ... right?

NO, NOT YET.YOU CAN KEEP TRYING IF YOU PLEASE.
20th June 2004 02:56 PM
Main Offender I for one do lurk daily. I need to see what's happening in the world of the Stones. I just love them and so I want to be as up-to-date as possible. However, I don't post every single time I'm here. Ain't got the time.
20th June 2004 03:24 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Main Offender wrote:
I for one do lurk daily. I need to see what's happening in the world of the Stones. I just love them and so I want to be as up-to-date as possible. However, I don't post every single time I'm here. Ain't got the time.

Don't worry, MO! In this area, size (of your number of posts...) doesn't matter!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
20th June 2004 04:51 PM
Main Offender Geez, I feel better already!
20th June 2004 09:18 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
"What has happened to our playground??"

My guess is this question is in response to your friends little "episode" last week, so in staying within the framework of your little playground analogy it's very simple: one of the local playground bullies tried to start a fight, but got punched in the nose, and then turned around and high-tailed it outta here crying like a little girl.

End of story.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Beloved regulars are leaving.

Members are fighting mad at each other.

Whether we enjoy it or not, threads ARE being hijacked with nonsense.

Can't we find a happy medium?

Aside from this thread and one other, I've seen nothing out of the ordinary in the areas of discussion and debate, and quite honestly I don't know what the fuck you're talking about or why you started this thread other than you crave more theatrics and high-drama.

Only one "regular" has threatened a leave of absence.

The only two "fighting mad" posters seem to be LJ and SS.

What time of the month is it ? Because you two seem to be cycling together, since it's been total PMS with you two.

Other than that things are slow and some people aren't posting (duhh) while the few remaining here have been having a bit of fun trying to keep the spirit alive and well.

So what if a few threads have been hijacked by "nonsense" lately, the one's responsible appear to have chilled out a bit, there's nothing wrong with a little humor now and then (or is there LJ?), especially during the doldrums between tours and next-to-zero Stones news.

Rocks Off is the funnest & classiest Stone's board to post on, period. So why drag it down with unnecessary drama ?

Lighten up and just worry about looking into LJ's mirror for once, instead of rubbernecking your way into everyone else's.

Like a wise man once said "Seriousity killed the Cat"

20th June 2004 09:20 PM
LadyJane Bloozehound's reply. I've been waiting with bated breath. Why am I not surprised at your condesending tone.

How original. Suggesting it's "that time of the month". I suppose those MALE members who agreed with me are also suffering from PMS.

And just for your information, the poster who expressed his desire to leave that prompted this thread wasn't SS it was LittleRedRooster. Now that I think of it he was disgusted by YOU, among others!!

I ask for some respect for fellow members and now I'm some serious-minded, humorless, PMS suffering melodrama queen?

Wait..why am I defending myself to the resident "Dummy"?

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
20th June 2004 09:30 PM
mickmask COULD YOU GUYS PLEASE KEEP IT DOWN!!!................

I'm trying to make the IDIOT LIST!!!!!!
MM.
20th June 2004 09:35 PM
Some Guy Will jb get to 10K before we hear serious news on the new Stones Album??
Does anyone really care??
20th June 2004 09:37 PM
mickmask
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Thanks honey but instead of President, I would rather prefer to jam with the Stones

I've invited
them to a bbq at our beach while they're rehearsing the next tour (in T.O. of course).....
.... I'll call ya!!
LOL...mm.

20th June 2004 09:48 PM
MarthaMyDear Rooster, if you are disgusted with me, your FRIEND, can you please tell me??? In fact, nevermind... I'll contact you, myself...

*** Martha ***
20th June 2004 09:52 PM
MarthaMyDear You have ALOT of moments, YOURSELF, LadyJane... Enough of my speech reading for the day...

*** Martha ***
20th June 2004 09:59 PM
LadyJane MMD..I think the word "disgusted" was mine, not Roostah's.

You know...all I wanted to do was express a point that this place has become a little extra crazy of late.

I just wanted to make a geniune point that "perhaps" we all need to be a little more respectful of everyone else. That's all.

I have a sense of humor. Those that know me will attest to that. Would I have had a blast in Florida with jb if I were some prude??

My plea for a kinder and gentler RO seems to have evoked some rather strong reactions.

What do we need next. RO group therapy? OMG.

I am have tempted to delete this whole damned thread.

LJ.
20th June 2004 10:04 PM
LadyJane Yes..MMD..I KNOW I've had my MOMENTS. I thought we cleared the air on this yesterday.

If you and Bloozehound want to turn this into "Let's attack LadyJane" go right ahead!

LJ.
20th June 2004 10:09 PM
MarthaMyDear Well, you can do what you want with the thread but I think the thing is is that people don't like it when someone comes along and acts like they own the joint when they don't... SSA did that, IMHO, and did that ALOT AND called everyone assholes, also... lol............... This is my opinion and this is just how it sounds... I'm sure you're a sweet lady in real life, etc., but, well, maybe I should just stay out of it... Fuck it... I have to do alot of things soon anyways... I think I've said my say about everything I've wanted to say my say about 'cause I'm worn out, actually, but if you want to discuss it, I will... Or just PM me about it... Do whatever you want... Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
20th June 2004 10:12 PM
MarthaMyDear Well, what do you expect when you post this?!?!?!:

quote:
And just for your information, the poster who expressed his desire to leave that prompted this thread wasn't SS it was LittleRedRooster. Now that I think of it he was disgusted by YOU, among others!!

Is anyone not a coward enough to name names, here?!?!?!

*** Martha ***
20th June 2004 10:12 PM
corgi37 For God's sake LJ, stop whingeing. I havent noticed a huge increase in sniping. If so, big bloody deal. If threads are hijacked, again, big bloody deal. Its up to the mods to keep the boards clean. If Jb & Joey are posting crap, its up to the mods to delete their posts. Personally, doesnt worry me at all. I just dont see how they get the time to post so much. Thats always intriqued me, but i dont lose sleep over it. They are entitled to their posts, as are you and me. I also dont give a rats ass about offensive or aggressive posts, but i guess some people here are more sensitive than others. As a matter of fact, i love offensive and aggressive posts, but being a gentleman, i dont post them myself. Except ages ago when i posted one about Paul McCartney's one-legged bitch. Boy, did that cause some sweet replies! haha, gotta love it.

Basically, i think we need some new Stones "product".

And pretty bloody quickly.
20th June 2004 10:15 PM
LadyJane MMD..I have no problem with you. I posted that yesterday. I'm really sorry that SS offended you and my words were directed AT HIM as well.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

So on to more serious matters...you posted a pic of Marilyn in the "Jade Jagger" or "Mick in London" thread, I think. It's one I've never seen before. Simply stunning. Where did you find it?

Still friends? I hope so!!

LJ.
20th June 2004 10:26 PM
MarthaMyDear I'm upset right now... I have to calm down first...
LAUGHING!!!!!!!!! JESUS!!! Seriosly, LJ... lol.........
LAUGHING HARD!!!!!!!!!!! Jeze... At least I can laugh!!!
lol........................ RODNEY KING!!! RODNEY
KING!!!
lol............................. Well, the pic.
was from her official site here:
http://www.marilynmonroe.com

BUT, I found a REALLY cool site of an inside and outside
tour of the house she lived in when she died in Brentwood
and THAT one is EXCELLENT 'cause I love the decor and it's
just really cool!!! I will post the link
and/or PM you the link when I find it, ok.?!?!?! I know I
have it bookmarked somewhere and it won't be hard to find
but I have to work in a few minutes so I'll have to do it a
little bit later, ok.?!?!?! TAKE CARE!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
20th June 2004 10:30 PM
LadyJane MMD..I'm a little upset too.

You have a PM.

Take care.

And corgi, I agree, WE NEED NEW STONES INFO before we implode!!

LJ.

BTW..Can't wait for the Monday morning crew to start taking shots at me! Whoa...better get a good night's sleep.
20th June 2004 10:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Bloozehound's reply. I've been waiting with bated breath. Why am I not surprised at your condesending tone.

I'm sure you have been waiting for me "with bated breath", you, along with SS, have been seriously rude to me ever since I started posting here, nothing new.

But it's ok, cuz I can take it, but remember I can dish it right back at ya if I choose.

Can you take it ?

That's the real question.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
How original. Suggesting it's "that time of the month". I suppose those MALE members who agreed with me are also suffering from PMS.

Well then that's your assessment of them, NOT mine darling. My comment was directed towards you and SS because of you'lls bitching, no one else.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Please take my advice and try and stay focused on that mirror in front of you LJ.

If the rooster says he's leaving, which I didn't even see him write in his post, the gist of which I got was that he is gonna lay low and keep in touch via e-mail for a while, then that's his problem and not yours.

And as far as his being disgusted by ME...well now your just twisting facts and/or flat out lying, but then again I can see how roosters post could be open to interpretation, since he didn't make a whole lotta sense.

Remember the mirror LJ, please let the rooster speak for himself, because as far as I can tell he made absolutely NO such claim, the only time he even referenced me was in his second reply in which he simply denied the comment I made over his displeasure about the use of emoticons (AVI's?).

He then claimed thread hijacking was his main reason to decide to go lurking for a while, and I don't thread hijack.

At least that's how I interpreted his comments, but they weren't very damn clear, confused ? Me too, here read for yourself...

http://novogate.com/board/968/195378-6.html

Point is he didn't mention any specific names being his reason to decide to do any-fuckin-thing, ok.

Only you have made this claim for him.

And if you wanna stick to your charade that it was "solely" the rooster who prompted you to create this thread, sure sure, I'll play along (wink wink, wink wink, wink wink, wink wink), but I'll just add that it's no mystery who set off this whole sequence of events and they're the only person who you should blame, no one else.

LJ I have no quarrel with you, except I think you're over reacting and creating a bigger problem than needs to be, two wrongs don't make a right, and your totally making mountains out of molehills here IMO.

This is the last I'm saying on anything related to this topic, for me it's a dead issue, peace, see ya around

[Edited by Bloozehound]
20th June 2004 10:55 PM
LadyJane Bloozehound....point well taken. Really.

If I've ever offended you, I am truly sorry. You are new here and perhaps I have been harsh. Which is exactly why I suggested that perhaps we ALL need to take a look in that mirror you so strongly recommend, myself included.

LJ.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10