ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What has happened to our playground?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
19th June 2004 03:56 PM
LadyJane Beloved regulars are leaving.

Members are fighting mad at each other.

Whether we enjoy it or not, threads ARE being hijacked with nonsense.

Can't we find a happy medium?

I understand the "lull" brings about this type of "trouble" but it really saddens me that we cannot respect one another enough to take a good look at OURSELVES and do a little "troubleshooting".

Let's keep in mind the reason we all came here. Our genuine love for a band called The Rolling Stones.

Let's keep in mind the reason we come back. To connect with a wonderful group of people who have an extraordinary comraderie that crosses ethnic, political, religious, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.

We have something very special here at Rocks Off. We OWE it to the Unholy Trinity to do everything we can, INDIVIDUALLY and COLLECTIVELY, to keep the playground peaceful and a place where EVERYONE can come and enjoy themselves.

Am I asking too much? I don't think so!

Peace to all.

LJ.
19th June 2004 04:05 PM
Some Guy cool
19th June 2004 04:06 PM
nankerphelge I second the motion!

I haven't been posting as much, primarily becuz I've been rather busy with work.

BUT

LJ is right -- while the doldrums are always tough, as a seasoned veteran, this particular between-tour slow-down has been nasty and harsh!

I think we all need to get out Exile, grab some Windex and clean up the disc so it is as pristine as my vocabulary, you fuckers!

And play it loud whilst drinking yer fav frosty adult beverage!!

Carry on....

19th June 2004 04:16 PM
Monkey Woman Good thinking, LJ! Let's take a deep breath, put on some good music and go back to a semblance of sanity. A playground is to play!!!

Peace to all!
19th June 2004 04:18 PM
Monkey Woman To put in a note of fun for the week-end: look at the cartoon Doug posted on Shidoobee today!

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=8518.topic

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
19th June 2004 04:23 PM
MarthaMyDear I, personally, think SS needs to look at himself, LadyJane, and that is my opinion and I am entitled to it, ok.?!?!?! It's up to you if you want to ignore someone's post you don't like or respond to it and you have that right, as do *** I ***, PERIOD!!! If you don't like what I say, that's your opinion and you have a right to it (as does everyone else) and I, personally, don't agree with everything you say and I have seen you act up now again, actually, but you're living in a dream world if you think that everyone is going to get along when a goodnumber of people come to one place and interact with each other...

*** Martha ***

P.S. (And, nothing has happened to this MESSAGE BOARD... Everyone has a right to post their opinion... If everyone LIKED each other, that wouldn't be reality as not everyone here has actually been NICE to each other... It would be a SAD reality, if that was the case... How boring it would be if everyone just agreed on everything and everyone was all nice and fluffy, etc.... That should be saved for Hollywood... I'm not going to just stand back and take crap from someone when they have dished it to me in the past for no good reason... ComMON!!!)
19th June 2004 04:28 PM
LadyJane MMD...I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion.

I never said I was perfect.

I'm just looking for some common ground and asking everyone to look at themselves, MYSELF included, and see what we can or cannot do to bring some harmony to a place we all seem to enjoy.

No finger pointing intended, especially at a fellow Gemini and fellow Marilyn fan who I happen to like very much!

LJ.
19th June 2004 04:55 PM
MarthaMyDear But, when you say what you said about everyone having to look at themselves, etc., it read like you are talking about a person or person in particular... Oh, whatever... This is getting depressing... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry... I enjoy your posts, also... I think I may need a fricking large pot of coffee and, I don't know... Johnny Depp naked in my bed?!?!?! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! LOL!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*************** GEMINIS RULE, YOU BASTARDS!!! ****************

PIRATE JOHNNY DEPP AND KEITH RICHARDS, HIS FATHER!!! lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P lol... Ok.... Take care!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 05:51 PM
gypsy I agree with you, LJ. I think that we come here to get away from the seriousness of work...and all the violence that is on TV every single minute. That does not mean that we don't care about it (the gruesome war). It's just that when I talk politics, I talk about it with my friends and family. I come here to engage in frivolity to take my mind off of all the evil going on in the world right now.
I do get annoyed at the way josh and joey take the hijacking of threads to the extreme. I wish they would keep it to a minimum. I think those two are funny, and I really enjoy their posts sometimes. I just think they are both capable of being wittier.
I adore SS. I miss him. I wish he would come back. He is one man with whom I would never want to get into a heated debate.
19th June 2004 06:50 PM
Fiji Joe Man, I miss somethng?
19th June 2004 06:53 PM
nankerphelge Feej -- what a welcome surprise.

How's the man breasts?
19th June 2004 06:55 PM
Anonymous One All I'll say is this. I find a certain regular here that everyone seems to be begging to stay incredibly boorish,arrogant,selfserving,and very disrespectful of anyone's opinion that he does not personaly condone. Anyone who states emphatically that he knows more about music than the next guy or gal flat out reeks of arrogance! I will stay above the fray by useing an anonymous handle. Not because I'm afraid of any trouble in the future,but rather that I'd like to maintain any and all friendships that I have made since I began posting here. If this certain poster truly is a knight in shining armour perhaps he'll take a nice long look in the mirror and relize that his rants and selfrightous bullshit is off putting to say the least. I post here because I like the rapport with various different posters here. Not because I'm looking for some self appointed all knowing sage that keeps everyone in check. I have personally bit my own tougue when I have read some posts by this person when I knew that they were absolutly wrong on various levels. I just did not feel like getting into a stupid pissing match with someone who will never have the decency to just admit that they were wrong. In fact I have never once seen this poster ever admit that he maybe wrong about anything at all. It must be terribly difficult to be right all the time about everything.

That's just my two pence.
19th June 2004 07:47 PM
BILL PERKS [quote]Anonymous One wrote:
All I'll say is this. I find a certain regular here that everyone seems to be begging to stay incredibly boorish,arrogant,selfserving,and very disrespectful of anyone's opinion that he does not personaly condone. Anyone who states emphatically that he knows more about music than the next guy or gal flat out reeks of arrogance! I will stay above the fray by useing an anonymous handle. Not because I'm afraid of any trouble in the future,but rather that I'd like to maintain any and all friendships that I have made since I began posting here. If this certain poster truly is a knight in shining armour perhaps he'll take a nice long look in the mirror and relize that his rants and selfrightous bullshit is off putting to say the least. I post here because I like the rapport with various different posters here. Not because I'm looking for some self appointed all knowing sage that keeps everyone in check. I have personally bit my own tougue when I have read some posts by this person when I knew that they were absolutly wrong on various levels. I just did not feel like getting into a stupid pissing match with someone who will never have the decency to just admit that they were wrong. In fact I have never once seen this poster ever admit that he maybe wrong about anything at all. It must be terribly difficult to be right all the time about everything.

I ADMIT I WAS WRONG-SORRY
19th June 2004 07:49 PM
BILL PERKS FIJI AND MAXLUGAR ARE MY TWO FAVORITE ROCKS OFFERS..FROM BILL PERKS...IF THEY LEAVE I'M GONE TOO!
IDIOT LIST
IAN BILLEN
TEN THOUSAND MOTELS
GLENCAR
ANY CHICK WHO USES EMOTICONS
EGON
THE 10K TWINS
19th June 2004 08:17 PM
WildBillGrover Sleepy LaBeast:

19th June 2004 08:20 PM
WildBillGrover Sleepy girl:

19th June 2004 08:22 PM
Sleepy Joe Presley
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:
Sleepy LaBeast:

^^^
[Edited by Sleepy Joe Presley]
19th June 2004 08:23 PM
WildBillGrover Sleepy Keith after smoking opium:

19th June 2004 08:27 PM
WildBillGrover Sleepy girls at my house:

19th June 2004 08:42 PM
WildBillGrover Sleepy dog:

19th June 2004 10:05 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
All I'll say is this. I find a certain regular here that everyone seems to be begging to stay incredibly boorish,arrogant,selfserving,and very disrespectful of anyone's opinion that he does not personaly condone. Anyone who states emphatically that he knows more about music than the next guy or gal flat out reeks of arrogance! I will stay above the fray by useing an anonymous handle. Not because I'm afraid of any trouble in the future,but rather that I'd like to maintain any and all friendships that I have made since I began posting here. If this certain poster truly is a knight in shining armour perhaps he'll take a nice long look in the mirror and relize that his rants and selfrightous bullshit is off putting to say the least. I post here because I like the rapport with various different posters here. Not because I'm looking for some self appointed all knowing sage that keeps everyone in check. I have personally bit my own tougue when I have read some posts by this person when I knew that they were absolutly wrong on various levels. I just did not feel like getting into a stupid pissing match with someone who will never have the decency to just admit that they were wrong. In fact I have never once seen this poster ever admit that he maybe wrong about anything at all. It must be terribly difficult to be right all the time about everything.[quote]

A-THE FUCKING-MEN,
ANONYMOUS ONE!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!! I wish you would say who you are but I respect
that... Thank you for posting... I think you expressed it
better than me... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

*** Martha ***

[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
19th June 2004 10:12 PM
MarthaMyDear BY THE FUCKING WAY, ANONYMOUS ONE... If your friends are REALLY your TRUE friends, they will STAY your friend(s) no matter what your fucking OPINION IS because NO ONE is going to agree with EVERYONE about EVERYTHING all of the time!!! I hope that helps but I don't think you need the help much... LAUGHING!!!!!!!! Pretty good post... LOL!!!!!!! TAKE CARE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 10:26 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
BILL PERKS WROTE:

FIJI AND MAXLUGAR ARE MY TWO FAVORITE ROCKS OFFERS..FROM BILL PERKS...IF THEY LEAVE I'M GONE TOO!
IDIOT LIST
IAN BILLEN
TEN THOUSAND MOTELS
GLENCAR
ANY CHICK WHO USES EMOTICONS
EGON
THE 10K TWINS
Idiot List
Goes Without Saying
Any Mother Clucker Who Uses Caps Only To Post

HE!!! HE!!! lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*** Martha *** :P
19th June 2004 11:25 PM
Fiji Joe Howdy Bill...Howdy Nanky...and hi to the rest of the board

I know I've been gone a while, but, my welfare checks are coming regular again and it's time for me to get my post on...

Ya'll can say whay you want about baboons, I still say humans have the best asses
19th June 2004 11:41 PM
WildBillGrover Yawn!!!

So name the f*~ker or drop the subject!!

20th June 2004 08:02 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:
Yawn!!!

WTF?!?! "Crazy Wild Bill Peça Rara from Brasil Irvin"

Goddamnit!!! Brasil you said? Oh no, I was really away from our playground.....

Wild Bill, quem é você? De onde você é?

20th June 2004 08:05 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Beloved regulars are leaving.

Members are fighting mad at each other.

[...]

Oh my dear, I know you meant poor brazilian Jack Flash.
20th June 2004 08:08 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:
Yawn!!!

Man, if you are from Brasil, you know that you really look like Lucio Mauro Filho......
20th June 2004 08:47 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

WTF?!?! "Crazy Wild Bill Peça Rara from Brasil Irvin"

Goddamnit!!! Brasil you said? Oh no, I was really away from our playground.....

Wild Bill, quem é você? De onde você é?

Não, sou americano originalmente de Lincoln, Nebraska, USA, mas morei em Campinas, São Paulo "por uma vida um ano."

E quem é você?
20th June 2004 08:51 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Man, if you are from Brasil, you know that you really look like Lucio Mauro Filho......

That cara ain't me - sorry!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10