ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick on jail (1972) - Police ID Pic Return to archive
18th June 2004 11:41 PM
Soldatti
19th June 2004 12:31 AM
Soldatti Keith too:

19th June 2004 12:06 PM
sirmoonie Cool pics! Thanks, Soldie!

Where is that from, what did they do, etc.? Anyone know? Tx in advance.
19th June 2004 12:49 PM
Moonisup wasn't that the story when they hit a photographer and they had to go to jail? That eve they had to play in boston(?) and stevie wonder played a real long show
19th June 2004 01:31 PM
Monkey Woman Exactly! And the mayor of Boston added his strength to the Stones' lawyers to get them freed the evening of the gig, because he was afraid the audience would start a riot if the Stones didn't show.
19th June 2004 01:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Exactly! And the mayor of Boston added his strength to the Stones' lawyers to get them freed the evening of the gig, because he was afraid the audience would start a riot if the Stones didn't show.

Yeah, those Boston crowds are dangerous if they have instant gratification denied. SO WHY HAVEN'T THEY TORN DOWN FENWAY PARK YET!!!!!!!!

20th June 2004 04:52 AM
Jacques Who was 6012 ?
20th June 2004 07:48 AM
Monkey Woman Possibly Marshall Chess (manager of Rolling Stones Records), or Robert Frank (who filmed the tour) or Stan Moore (the Stones' head of security at the time). They were arrested too for obstruction...
20th June 2004 03:08 PM
Main Offender I think it was Robert Frank!
21st June 2004 10:55 AM
headshrinker there has to b a picture of keith somewhere!!!!!
21st June 2004 10:58 AM
headshrinker sorry it hadn't loaded
21st June 2004 06:38 PM
sirfito Robert Greenfield mentioned this story in his book from the Stones Touring Party (1972). Great book!!!
Mick, Keef, Stan Moore, Robert Frank were arrested.
The photographer was Andy Dickerman.
Steve Wonder played a really long set until the Rolling Stones came to the stadium and played.
Chip Monk was read "Juan Salvador Gaviota" to the public.
And I believe that the 2 pix from above were used in a bootleg album from that tour. (I don't remember the name of it now).
Cheers,
Fito
21st June 2004 06:39 PM
sirfito And yes: Marsahll Chess also was arrested with the other ones!!
Sorry.
Cheers again,
Fito
21st June 2004 08:37 PM
Lady P Wonderful ! This story is a highlight in Greenfield's book. Thanks a lot.
21st June 2004 08:52 PM
Lady P The book is available on Amazon.
21st June 2004 11:35 PM
corgi37 Ahh, those were the days. I must get that book. I have been meaning to for years. And, you know what i think? Seeing as how they are still being prick about releasing CS blues, you know what some one with money should do? Make a movie of that tour. I mean, with actors and a script and all that. It would be so great. I'm thinking one of those Hallmark type things. Like, those tele-movies on the Partridge Family, Brady Bunch and the Monkees. But, with more sex and drugs.
22nd June 2004 11:55 AM
Lady P For 1972 devotees :
http://stoneslib9.homestead.com/files/stpvisuals.html