ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pre Rolling Stones - May 1962
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Farm Aid tickets on sale Friday 28th (NSC) Return to archive
06-25-03 10:17 AM
Martha HEADS UP!

I'm there for this one..who else is gonna make it?!

Press Release

FARM AID TO ROCK COLUMBUS, OH

Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews to bring annual concert honoring America�s family farmers to Midwest

COLUMBUS, Ohio � In Columbus to open his summer tour, Farm Aid board member Dave Matthews joined Farm Aid President and founder Willie Nelson to announce that Farm Aid 2003 will take place Sunday, September 7 at the Germain Amphitheater in Columbus, Ohio.

�Farm Aid is committed to the hard working farm families who give us so much,� said Nelson. �Ohio is a strong farming state where much of the farmland is still owned and operated by family farmers, the backbone of Ohio�s economy.�

�We�re proud to bring Farm Aid 2003 to Ohio�a state that truly understands the value that family farmers bring to the community and to our country,� said Matthews.

Agriculture is the engine of Ohio�s economy. Currently, agriculture and related businesses employ one in every six Ohioans. Ninety-nine percent of Ohio�s 78,000 farms are operated by family farmers. Ohio family farmers, like their counterparts across the country, are struggling to hold on to their farms in the face of threats from low commodity prices and factory farms. However, across Ohio, family farmers and farm organizations are working together locally to create a diverse and vibrant food and farming system. Farm Aid 2003 will highlight the challenges and innovations of family farmers in Ohio.

�Ohioans, who�ve cared for the land for generations, are part of the great American farming legacy that provides healthy, fresh food and keeps our country strong. Farm Aid is a way for all of us to ensure a future for America�s family farmers,� added Matthews.

�We are so privileged to be a part of bringing Farm Aid to Columbus,� said Germain Amphitheater Executive Director Tracy Tucker. �The organization brings such goodwill and support for the family farmers of Ohio and the nation, and we are very happy to be involved with such a great cause.�

Along with providing support to farm groups across the country, Farm Aid provides an unequaled level of entertainment for its audience to enjoy.

�We are very proud that, year after year, top artists donate their time and talents to Farm Aid to support family farmers,� said Farm Aid Executive Director Carolyn Mugar. �Farm Aid is a unique concert because the passion and variety of its artists make it one of the best and most memorable music experiences of the year.�

The lineup promises another outstanding show this year, with Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, and Dave Matthews headlining the bill. Additional artists will be announced soon.

Concert tickets will go on sale Saturday, June 28 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets ($78 lower pavilion/$65 upper pavilion/$36 lawn) are available at all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge by phone in Columbus at 614.431.3600, Germain Amphitheater Box Office or online at www.ticketmaster.com.

For more information on Farm Aid, including concert information, or to make a donation, visit www.farmaid.org.

Willie Nelson, Neil Young and John Mellencamp organized the first Farm Aid concert in 1985 to raise awareness about the loss of family farms and to raise funds to keep farm families on their land. Dave Matthews joined the Farm Aid board of directors in 2001. Farm Aid has raised more than $24 million to promote a strong and resilient family farm system of agriculture. Through public education and direct grants, Farm Aid supports national, regional and local efforts to promote sustainable agriculture, fight factory farms, advocate for fair farm prices, and provide credit counseling and direct assistance to farm families.
06-25-03 10:20 AM
Soul Survivor Seems boring....
06-25-03 10:33 AM
Larry Dallas Any event featuring Willie Nelson will be far from boring. Check him out sometime. There aren't many seventy year old men playing over one hundred shows a year. He also has his heart in the right place. Years after the LIVE AID and the WE ARE THE WORLD BULLSHIT disappeared, Willie continues to help America's family farmers to this day. He should be applauded for his persistence and for his steadfast working-class heart.
06-25-03 10:52 AM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Any event featuring Willie Nelson will be far from boring. Check him out sometime. There aren't many seventy year old men playing over one hundred shows a year. He also has his heart in the right place. Years after the LIVE AID and the WE ARE THE WORLD BULLSHIT disappeared, Willie continues to help America's family farmers to this day. He should be applauded for his persistence and for his steadfast working-class heart.

I concur, very nicely said Larry. And if you haven't checked it out Mellencamp's newest album, "Trouble No More" I suggest you do so. His set will be worth the price of admission for me, as will everyone's!

Now who's gonna be there with their Stones shirts on?!
06-25-03 02:23 PM
Larry Dallas Mellencamp's new record is great. It's a shame that it's not getting any airplay. I can't imagine many other artists making a record like "Trouble No More." It looks like, too, that Mellencamp will be doing a fall tour with the same kind of bare bones band. I can't wait to see it.

How great would a Stones record like this one be? I would love for the Stones to lose Don Was and Chuck Levelle and just hole up in a room for a few weeks. However, that will probably never happen.

By the way, Willie duets with Dwight Yoakam on Dwight's new record "Population Me". It's a pretty cool song. Much better than the horseshit duet Willie did with Toby Keith. Willie's still the king, though. I probably can't make Farm Aid, though. I'm afraid Toby Keith or Kenny Chesney might show up. They're ruining country music and rubbing our noses in it because they get to hang with Willie, the Possum, and others. How's that for getting off the subject?
06-25-03 03:34 PM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Mellencamp's new record is great. It's a shame that it's not getting any airplay. I can't imagine many other artists making a record like "Trouble No More." It looks like, too, that Mellencamp will be doing a fall tour with the same kind of bare bones band. I can't wait to see it.

I listened to TNM on the way home from the Jackson Browne Keb Mo Steve Earle show last night and am falling in love more and more with each listen. I can't wait to see John tour in the fall either! Yahoo! There is nothing worth listening to on the radio anymore, John can be proud that he isn't being aired, in my humble opinion.

How great would a Stones record like this one be? I would love for the Stones to lose Don Was and Chuck Levelle and just hole up in a room for a few weeks. However, that will probably never happen.

I think it would be awesome..great idea. Maybe someone with connections is reading the board today?! You never know! *Wink*

I probably can't make Farm Aid, though.

I'm sorry to learn this Larry, it would be nice to meet you.

I'm afraid Toby Keith or Kenny Chesney might show up. They're ruining country music and rubbing our noses in it because they get to hang with Willie, the Possum, and others. How's that for getting off the subject?

It is still marginally on the subject..isn't it! LOL

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003